UChi Students & Alumni Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby catholicgirl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Dany wrote:I mean, I didn't go to the training, but I feel like "Crap I can't figure out how to download this exam is anyone else having problems?" isn't really compromising any "exam integrity." Especially because they were probably just worried 1Ls and panicking that things were going wrong with their first law school exam.


I get that. But they were given incredibly specific instructions about what to do. A few people in my section had that problem and did the normal thing and called the registrar and just chilled. As opposed to the people who got upset the registrar didn't immediately call them back and then posted it on a public facebook forum.

User avatar
courtneylove
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby courtneylove » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

even if they had exams and practiced, this program is doing some crazy stuff. it let me take one practice exam, and then when i tried to take a second i had all kinds of drama opening the program, etc. i don't know much about computers, but i haven't had this much trouble with new software since like 1995.

can we mobilize the upass committee to convince AMG to just walk away? like, the system we had before was amazing.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Xifeng » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Also, those info sessions weren't mandatory, so a bunch of us (read: not 1Ls) didn't go to them. Kudos to you for going, but talking about not exam content seems to be a stretch to be an honor code violation.

Also, never bullet anything in Examsoft. Just don't.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby 2014 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Xifeng wrote:Also, those info sessions weren't mandatory, so a bunch of us (read: not 1Ls) didn't go to them. Kudos to you for going, but talking about not exam content seems to be a stretch to be an honor code violation.

Also, never bullet anything in Examsoft. Just don't.

I didn't go to training either, fuck that

User avatar
jbiresq
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby jbiresq » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 am

2014 wrote:I suppose by Spring I will have lost all faith in humanity (Aka AMG) to do the right thing instead of only losing most faith.


.
Last edited by jbiresq on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Haymarket » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm

jbiresq wrote:
2014 wrote:I suppose by Spring I will have lost all faith in humanity (Aka AMG) to do the right thing instead of only losing most faith.


You haven't had her threaten not to recommend you for the bar for BS reasons yet. That's when it gets fun. Or when she made some transfers cancel interviews at a job fair so they wouldn't miss orientation.

Please expand on these.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby catholicgirl » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Deleted upon request.
Last edited by catholicgirl on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jbiresq
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby jbiresq » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 am

This has spiraled a bit out of control and was meant as a joke. I know sarcasm can be lost on the internet but I never meant to indicate that DG threatened me. If you could delete the quote from your posts I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Xifeng » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Lol 1Ls. Just lol.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 am

Stop this. It reflects poorly on all of you.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby 2014 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:49 am

E - Actually won't contribute even if it was neutral. Found the whole situation hilarious though.

User avatar
Mad Hatter
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Mad Hatter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:57 am

Didn't realize bar review was such srs bsns. I noticed our FB herd was culled :lol: . Sorry dudes.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Dany » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am

I feel so rejected by the 1Ls.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby 2014 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 am

Dany wrote:I feel so rejected by the 1Ls.

No one likes us sry, you aren't missing out

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Xifeng » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm

2014 wrote:
Dany wrote:I feel so rejected by the 1Ls.

No one likes us sry, you aren't missing out


Why aren't you wearing a suit to class?? Get on it. :lol:

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am

Did 1Ls get grades today? I imagine the fb.com group would say, but of course I got purged.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Greenandgold » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:14 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Did 1Ls get grades today? I imagine the fb.com group would say, but of course I got purged.


Nope. Not all of the professors turned in grades yet.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby catholicgirl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Did 1Ls get grades today? I imagine the fb.com group would say, but of course I got purged.


Nope. Not all of the professors turned in grades yet.


Is it messed up that I want to blame this on Hubbard with absolutely no proof?

User avatar
Mad Hatter
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Mad Hatter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:02 pm

catholicgirl wrote:Is it messed up that I want to blame this on Hubbard with absolutely no proof?

Especially considering the 3,200 word limit, you really shouldn't throw him under the buss like that.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Xifeng » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
catholicgirl wrote:Is it messed up that I want to blame this on Hubbard with absolutely no proof?

Especially considering the 3,200 word limit, you really shouldn't throw him under the buss like that.


:lol:

ercmilla
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 am

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby ercmilla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 am

Greetings, folks.

This is just a "prospective student" question: I'm married to a teacher who wants to find work as a teacher. I've also heard that U of Chicago is surrounded by dangerous areas. I'm really worried that if I go to Chicago, I'll force my wife to work in really dangerous areas. That would make me feel very guilty. Does anyone know any law students whose spouses are teachers? If you can shine any light on this situation at all, I'd greatly appreciate it.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby catholicgirl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 am

ercmilla wrote:Greetings, folks.

This is just a "prospective student" question: I'm married to a teacher who wants to find work as a teacher. I've also heard that U of Chicago is surrounded by dangerous areas. I'm really worried that if I go to Chicago, I'll force my wife to work in really dangerous areas. That would make me feel very guilty. Does anyone know any law students whose spouses are teachers? If you can shine any light on this situation at all, I'd greatly appreciate it.


Hyde Park is not Tikrit. Use common sense and nothing that terrible will happen to you.

Also, do you even know what the teaching market is like in the state of Illinois? You shouldn't worry about your wife working in a dangerous area, you should worry about her finding work period.

ercmilla
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 am

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby ercmilla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:01 am

catholicgirl wrote:
ercmilla wrote:Greetings, folks.

This is just a "prospective student" question: I'm married to a teacher who wants to find work as a teacher. I've also heard that U of Chicago is surrounded by dangerous areas. I'm really worried that if I go to Chicago, I'll force my wife to work in really dangerous areas. That would make me feel very guilty. Does anyone know any law students whose spouses are teachers? If you can shine any light on this situation at all, I'd greatly appreciate it.


Hyde Park is not Tikrit. Use common sense and nothing that terrible will happen to you.

Also, do you even know what the teaching market is like in the state of Illinois? You shouldn't worry about your wife working in a dangerous area, you should worry about her finding work period.


That's just fantastic! :cry: She had a tough time landing a job in Atlanta as well. I don't think many teaching markets are exactly booming. For those people with educated spouses, what jobs (if any) did they get when you moved to Chicago Law?

EdgarWinter
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby EdgarWinter » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Do grades ever come out after 5 PM? Wondering if I can quit wondering about it for the evening.

User avatar
Xifeng
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: UChi rising 2Ls and 3Ls (!!!) taking Questions

Postby Xifeng » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm

This is what AMG sent us last year (I don't know if it's still true, but it might help your anxiety a bit):

1L grades are not posted during 1L classes. So, for example, if the grades were to come in over the weekend and were ready for posting on Monday morning, they would not be posted before the 1:30 classes end at 2:35. So you can rest assured that the earliest possible time you would be able to access all of your grades would be Monday at 2:45.

Please note, though, that I have no reason to believe grades will or will not be in by Monday – that’s just an example. You can look at the class schedule online to tell the earliest possible time they would be posted on other days of the week. We also do not post 1L grades over the weekend or after 5, so if you check at 5:05 on Monday and they’re not there, you can assume they won’t be available at least until 1L classes end on Tuesday at 3:20.


Obviously this quote is based on our 1L schedule last spring, so adapt it to your own.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests