north carolina central university law school Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
fsmlm

New

north carolina central university law school

Post by fsmlm » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi, any one who has gone or is attending NCCU that can give me any feedback. I am interested in going to NCCU but many people have told me to attend Duke or Chapel Hill because NCCU (Central) is located in a bad neighborhood [I have been told things like high gangs activities, hard to find good housing for some.] I come from a very small town and would like as much info as possible regarding NCCU. Also how are the classes and instructors?

Sandro

Gold

Re: north carolina central university law school

Post by Sandro » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 pm

fsmlm wrote:Hi, any one who has gone or is attending NCCU that can give me any feedback. I am interested in going to NCCU but many people have told me to attend Duke or Chapel Hill because NCCU (Central) is located in a bad neighborhood [I have been told things like high gangs activities, hard to find good housing for some.] I come from a very small town and would like as much info as possible regarding NCCU. Also how are the classes and instructors?
It doesn't surprise me people have told you to attend one of the top 10 schools/top 25 schools in the nation as opposed to a school that isn't even in the top 150. Do you have an LSAT score or GPA?

fsmlm

New

Post by fsmlm » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 am

My GPA is 3.5 with my LSAT being 149, going to retake this Feb to see if I can get a higher score

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 am

study hard and take it in june. assuming this is your second re take, by taking it in june, you will have about a month from the end of finals to dedicate to prep, and the test is released ( the february tests are non-disclosed). Taking it in february will put your applications in very late in the cycle, so your chances at being accepted are hurt. IF you dont like your score in june, you have the entire summer to prep and take it in october. This willl give you plenty of time to finish your apps and "go complete"

thats my 2 cents on the test date, if you think you will be ready for february- then take it then

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

fsmlm wrote:My GPA is 3.5 with my LSAT being 149, going to retake this Feb to see if I can get a higher score
If it were me I would wait a year and take the June LSAT. Your situation may vary but there are a lot more positives in doing so than applying with a 149/whatever you get in Feb and applying that late.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”