A Chinese law school student..

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ben Wang

A Chinese law school student..

Postby Ben Wang » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 am

I am a chinese law school student. I found this forum by Yahoo, and I really want to learn something about foreign law, and what are differences on Law teaching.

First of all, What can I learn from this forum. Maybe I must see the introduction, but I am too lazy!! Does anyone can help me, I am so appreciate!

Sandro

Re: A Chinese law school student..

Postby Sandro » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Ben Wang wrote:I am too lazy!!

lostmyname

Postby lostmyname » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Is this a joke?

Here's something: Chinese schools tend to teach their students memorization skills. American schools try (not always successfully) to teach students how to ask questions and synthesize information. Read through the different sub-forum descriptions. If you have questions, find the right category and ask them. Otherwise, you came to the wrong place. You can look up stuff about American legal education on Wikipedia.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm

I am a chinese law school student. I found this forum by Yahoo, and I really want to learn something about foreign law, and what are differences on Law teaching.

First of all, What can I learn from this forum. Maybe I must see the introduction, but I am too lazy!! Does anyone can help me, I am so appreciate!

American law=closer to Hong Kong and Singaporean law than Chinese law. All three countries' legal systems are based on British common law.

So that should give you some idea. Also, the lawyers I know here in Shenyang studied law in UG, not a JD like we Americans do, and some of them don't even have law degrees. They did an apprenticeship. We aren't allowed to do this anymore in the USA.

So I think the main differences are that we are based on common law, and our legal profession has more standardized procedures for entry than yours (in the mainland) does.

More details? Abovethelaw is a good website, so is the rest of this website, besides the forums.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm

niederbomb wrote:so is the rest of this website, besides the forums.

Bitter much?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”