Berkeley Students Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
HopefullyLaw

New

Berkeley Students

Post by HopefullyLaw » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 pm

I am having a rough time with the LSAT. I am taking it on Saturday, but will likely re-take the test in December. My GPA is about 3.8, held student government positions, worked part-time throughout undergrad, worked full-time during the summer months, first in my family to attend college, et cetera. Do I have any shot of getting into Berkeley with an LSAT score of 155?

BlueDiamond

Silver

Re: Berkeley Students

Post by BlueDiamond » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Not unless you are a URM and even then it isn't likely

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:36 pm

All signs point to "highly unlikely" :cry:

If you are struggling right now I recommend taking a break, recalibrating, and going full throttle in December.

What section of the LSAT are you struggling with? What books have you been using? How frequently are you studying and for how many hours?

HopefullyLaw

New

Post by HopefullyLaw » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 am

I took a Kaplan course and improved five points. The instructor of the course recommended practicing by doing nothing but logical reasoning, logic games and reading comprehension questions from low intensity to high intensity -- Kaplan does one star through four stars, I think -- and then take the Kaplan proctored exams each Saturday. I don't have to pay anymore, but I will not be able to go to the classes because I have night class. However, I could view them online. I also have the Powerscore books that are called bibles, but I have never opened them.

As far as my troubles, logical reasoning, especially assumption. And logic games, but I know I need major practice on those.

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 am

As far as my troubles, logical reasoning, especially assumption. And logic games, but I know I need major practice on those.
Have you gotten your hands on the powerscore bibles (the one for logic games and the one for logical reasoning)? The one on logic games is especially good. I picked up 10 points on the LG section alone after reading it. And the LR version breaks LR problems down by question type and gives a great explanation of assumption problems.

If I were in your shoes, I would postpone the October test, order both of those books, and spend the next 3 months mastering the material.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”