WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Joscellin

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:36 am

JCougar wrote:Also, I'm not saying that law grades are consistent...mine weren't, if anecdotal evidence has any value, they spanned the range from lowest in the class to almost a CALI, and my study and effort had zero and an almost embarrassingly negative affect on my grades in that the exams I took a more cynical approach to ended up netting me surprisingly good marks

If we're speaking anecdotally, my grades were very consistent (as was my study pattern).

Also, I did very well and am not an incredibly fast typist.

ShapiroBen

Postby ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 am

Wow law school seems really scary :oops:

FuturePaulClement

Postby FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 am

ShapiroBen wrote:Wow law school seems really scary :oops:

Don't let grades define you.

ShapiroBen

Postby ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 am

FuturePaulClement wrote:

How did you find success in law school?

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:10 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

In learning how to hold your liquor.

FuturePaulClement

Postby FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:18 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

When someone would ask me a question, I would give them an answer which would sound believably true, but which I knew for a fact would earn them no points on the actual exam. 1 point can mean the difference between a 4.0 and a 3.93.

Sprout

Postby Sprout » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:22 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

When someone would ask me a question, I would give them an answer which would sound believably true, but which I knew for a fact would earn them no points on the actual exam. 1 point can mean the difference between a 4.0 and a 3.93.

That's not very nice, sir.

FuturePaulClement

Postby FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Sprout wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

Law school isn't a nice place. It's a war zone. It's cali or be cali'd. One minute you're happy you did well on Greenfield's midterm, the next someone's bayonetting your guts out on the final exam. There is no mercy.

ShapiroBen

Postby ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Sprout wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

Wow, law school sounds a lot like that show GOT. Not sure how to square that with my moral code. The worst thing I can ever remember doing is letting my golden retriever go to the bathroom on my neighbor's lawn.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 pm

yeah don't drink from unsealed containers during finals week

FuturePaulClement

Postby FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:Wow, law school sounds a lot like that show GOT. Not sure how to square that with my moral code. The worst thing I can ever remember doing is letting my golden retriever go to the bathroom on my neighbor's lawn.

Wow, that's pretty fucked up.

Bob_loblaw34

Postby Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:41 pm

sublime wrote:Banned. Last time it was 3 days, this time it is 7. I will continue to give longer bans until you aren't such shit or you just get a perma.

Wow! Like a blooming peacock your display of machismo is almost irresistible, Prince Hector! Unfortunately, your ability to defend your kingdom that is this thread is inept. The Greeks are at the gate, dear Hector, and I fear it will not hold much longer.

It seems to me there are two possible options: 1) Sublime is some sort of an appointed, "official" mod, or 2) Sublime is masquerading as a mod.

This is a public forum used primarily by WUSTL prospective students, current students, and alumni. For some time now there has been growing concern and disapproval regarding sublime and other members (peanutsnjam) of this thread and their "holier than thou" approach. A petition has been circulated with a growing and impressively substantial number of signatures demanding sublime's resignation as forum mod.

If 1, we demand that Sublime post an official letter of resignation to this thread, on or before 5:00 pm (CST) Friday, July 8th, relieving him of any and all mod. privileges and responsibilities regarding this thread, and apologizing for his abuses of power and discretion. If 2, we demand a letter from Sublime that acknowledges he has no official capacity as a mod., and apologizes for his misconduct, to be posted to this thread on or before 5:00 pm (CST) Friday, July 8th.

Whats that noise, Sublime? A terrifying rumble growing louder, nearer. Soon your entire world will be buried under a tidal wave of your incompetence. Please do not drown this thread with you.

By Apollo, the time has come, my sweet Prince Hector, to vacate your throne.

Sincerely,
Achilles and the Achaean Allies

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Lol

ShapiroBen

Postby ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

In learning how to hold your liquor.

I actually dont drink hehe. I eat an all organic diet, and jog 5x a week. Drinking harms not only the body but the soul as well. I highly recommend to all law students that turn to alcohol as a crutch to abandon this unhealthy habit.

FuturePaulClement

Postby FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Does WUSTL count TLS moderator status as gainful employment?

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:49 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:Does WUSTL count TLS moderator status as gainful employment?

Jd advantage position?

acr

Postby acr » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Do TLS moderators get paid?

Bob_loblaw34

Postby Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 pm

sublime wrote:Lol

Just the type of response I would expect from an intellectually bereft individual such as yourself. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Bob_loblaw34

Postby Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:08 pm

sublime wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:Does WUSTL count TLS moderator status as gainful employment?

Jd advantage position?

Thats right, make a joke to try and make light of the situation. This thread will be plagued by your tyranny no longer!

Sprout

Postby Sprout » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:
sublime wrote:Banned. Last time it was 3 days, this time it is 7. I will continue to give longer bans until you aren't such shit or you just get a perma.

Wow! Like a blooming peacock your display of machismo is almost irresistible, Prince Hector! Unfortunately, your ability to defend your kingdom that is this thread is inept. The Greeks are at the gate, dear Hector, and I fear it will not hold much longer.

It seems to me there are two possible options: 1) Sublime is some sort of an appointed, "official" mod, or 2) Sublime is masquerading as a mod.

This is a public forum used primarily by WUSTL prospective students, current students, and alumni. For some time now there has been growing concern and disapproval regarding sublime and other members (peanutsnjam) of this thread and their "holier than thou" approach. A petition has been circulated with a growing and impressively substantial number of signatures demanding sublime's resignation as forum mod.

If 1, we demand that Sublime post an official letter of resignation to this thread, on or before 5:00 pm (CST) Friday, July 8th, relieving him of any and all mod. privileges and responsibilities regarding this thread, and apologizing for his abuses of power and discretion. If 2, we demand a letter from Sublime that acknowledges he has no official capacity as a mod., and apologizes for his misconduct, to be posted to this thread on or before 5:00 pm (CST) Friday, July 8th.

Whats that noise, Sublime? A terrifying rumble growing louder, nearer. Soon your entire world will be buried under a tidal wave of your incompetence. Please do not drown this thread with you.

Sincerely,

You need a hobby.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Lol

ShapiroBen

Postby ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Sprout wrote:
Bob_loblaw34 wrote:

Sincerely,

You need a hobby.

Speaking of hobbies, what are good, healthy hobbies to pick up whilst in law school?

Ref

Postby Ref » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:

Sincerely,

</selfesteemissues>

Bob_loblaw34

Postby Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Sprout wrote:
Bob_loblaw34 wrote:

Sincerely,

You need a hobby.

Considering this is coming from a person with 100+ TLS posts, it seems like a classic case of projection. Get off the computer and make something of yourself!

Sprout

Postby Sprout » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:21 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:I actually dont drink hehe. I eat an all organic diet, and jog 5x a week. Drinking harms not only the body but the soul as well. I highly recommend to all law students that turn to alcohol as a crutch to abandon this unhealthy habit.

0Ls I never thought I'd be saying this, but this is actually really good advice. Not to be preachy bc lol I would be the biggest hypocrite but just in case a single person heeds this advice it would be worth it -- careful with drinking. If I could redo law school I would for sure have tried to limit the alcohol consumption by a whole lot. Especially in LS, it is really easy to get swept away in stress and drinking as a release/celebration/reward. Bad for the brain and the spirit and the body, and can quickly escalate into quite the nightmare.

ShapiroBen wrote:Speaking of hobbies, what are good, healthy hobbies to pick up whilst in law school?

Biking, running, musical instruments, yoga, photography, dance, foreign language, movies, video games, cooking, painting... anything that gets your head out of school and bonus points for physically moving +/ creative stimulation.

ETA: @bob, lol.
Last edited by Sprout on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”