WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 am

Fiero85 wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
RareExports wrote:8 weeks ago...we took our LRM exam.

...Prince was still alive.
...Ted Cruz had just won the Wisconsin primary.
...The CDC had not yet confirmed that Zika causes birth defects.

Tentative title for Kloempken's forthcoming memoirs. I HAVE IT: The Mark Kloempken Story


:lol:


World's shortest books by TLS members suggestion, Kloempken edition:

Elaborate Descriptions of Lost Property: Why Detailed Communication in Emails Is So Important

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:38 pm

valen wrote:I don't believe they release all at once anymore. I know other sections who have their LRM grade, but there's still at least two sections who don't.


At least 3, we're waiting on Klovening (sp? don't care) as well.

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby ek5dn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Still waiting on Levin to release CivPro grades...

tebowtime23
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby tebowtime23 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm

ek5dn wrote:Still waiting on Levin to release CivPro grades...


at this point I think we can assume he is waiting until the last minute deadline

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Still waiting on LaPierre and LRM here too. Seriously no excuse for LRM. It shouldn't even be graded in the first place.

User avatar
Jmart082
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Jmart082 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:33 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Still waiting on LaPierre and LRM here too. Seriously no excuse for LRM. It shouldn't even be graded in the first place.

I wonder if LaPierre will give out 2.5s again. He was one of the few 1L profs that actually failed people.

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby njdevils2626 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:44 pm

I've had all of my grades for at least 3 weeks already, except for Corporations. Everyone took that exam 5 weeks ago. What the hell, Baker?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Cellar-door » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:23 pm

njdevils2626 wrote:I've had all of my grades for at least 3 weeks already, except for Corporations. Everyone took that exam 5 weeks ago. What the hell, Baker?

He carefully weighed the incentives of grading them early (none) and the consequences of being late (also none) against the benefits of enjoyment of doing whatever he wanted (moderate to high) and correctly came to the conclusion that he didn't give a fuck.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 pm

What does it mean if a firm does not allow multiple interviews for EIW? It seems to mean that you are only allowed to interview with them, but that seems unrealistically restrictive.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15401
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 pm

..

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 pm

sublime wrote:
RareExports wrote:What does it mean if a firm does not allow multiple interviews for EIW? It seems to mean that you are only allowed to interview with them, but that seems unrealistically restrictive.


Can't interview with multiple offices of the same firm.

That makes much more sense. Thanks!

markham1321
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:06 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby markham1321 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you CALI'd?

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:01 pm

markham1321 wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to find out if you CALI'd?


I had one that turned around quickly and one that took quite some time. You can always email the registrar to see if they've been sent out or not.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:20 pm

For firms that list a 3.3 requirement or preference, I assume that's their T14 requirement/preference. Anyone know how this typically translates to WUSTL? Has anyone had success outside of x percentile?

Edit: For OCI and walkaround purposes

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 pm

RareExports wrote:For firms that list a 3.3 requirement or preference, I assume that's their T14 requirement/preference. Anyone know how this typically translates to WUSTL? Has anyone had success outside of x percentile?

Edit: For OCI and walkaround purposes


Just apply and see what happens. Don't preclude yourself from anything you're even remotely qualified for and interested in. Rejections will take care of themselves.

Tailor your applications to the employer as much as possible, but don't forget that volume matters. Spam it up.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:28 pm

RareExports wrote:For firms that list a 3.3 requirement or preference, I assume that's their T14 requirement/preference. Anyone know how this typically translates to WUSTL? Has anyone had success outside of x percentile?

Edit: For OCI and walkaround purposes


If you're going to (or want to go to) any program, there's no reason not to apply to every firm. There isn't a meaningful restriction on how many bids you can submit, and those kind of limits are really more there to inform people at lottery schools (where you can get interviews even if you're well below the GPA cutoff).

Side note though: be careful about what you say about office preference. Don't take what offices the firm says they're hiring for at face value. If it's a Phoenix based firm, and they say they're hiring for Denver, but there's like 4 attorneys in Denver, don't say you're interested in Denver. If you're trying to get a job at a St. Louis-based firm, probably don't apply to or express interest in their other offices. This goes for practice areas too. If the firm only does employment law, you love employment law. If they primarily do transactional law, that's what you like to do. This can be tricky because firms make their websites look like they do everything but if you look at the attorney head count on NALP it can be informative.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks everyone for the insights!

When have journal decisions come out in the past? I've heard mixed information about whether to expect them before bidding closes (June 26).

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15401
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:02 pm

..

User avatar
Sprout
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Sprout » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
RareExports wrote:For firms that list a 3.3 requirement or preference, I assume that's their T14 requirement/preference. Anyone know how this typically translates to WUSTL? Has anyone had success outside of x percentile?

Edit: For OCI and walkaround purposes


Just apply and see what happens. Don't preclude yourself from anything you're even remotely qualified for and interested in. Rejections will take care of themselves.

Tailor your applications to the employer as much as possible, but don't forget that volume matters. Spam it up.


This.

I got screeners and callbacks with firms that I was definitely below their GPA "requirement"

futago
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby futago » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Cellar-door wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:I've had all of my grades for at least 3 weeks already, except for Corporations. Everyone took that exam 5 weeks ago. What the hell, Baker?

He carefully weighed the incentives of grading them early (none) and the consequences of being late (also none) against the benefits of enjoyment of doing whatever he wanted (moderate to high) and correctly came to the conclusion that he didn't give a fuck.


LOL!

houritsu
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby houritsu » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 am

.
Last edited by houritsu on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 am

When you have all your substantive grades and LP grade, but no LRM grade, somebody needs to be hanged. Can I just start applying for shit please. This class shouldn't have even been graded in the first place.

tebowtime23
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby tebowtime23 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:55 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:When you have all your substantive grades and LP grade, but no LRM grade, somebody needs to be hanged. Can I just start applying for shit please. This class shouldn't have even been graded in the first place.


At least you're only waiting on one grade. I'm still waiting on 2 (including LRM). Total BS. Will hurt transfer apps to any schools with rolling admissions...

User avatar
valen
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby valen » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

Klovning is up

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Did Levin's go up yet? AFAIK he's the only one outstanding for 1Ls.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TripTrip and 4 guests