WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:23 am

This thread has gotten boring :(

User avatar
TetrisBlock
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby TetrisBlock » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Greenfield/Osgood are up.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:33 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:Greenfield/Osgood are up.

I still haven't even gotten my LRM grade from a month and a half ago.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:48 pm

LRM is a highly rigorous course, grading those exams take a long time. There's just so much ~nuance~ to this incredibly applicable and relevant course.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:37 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:LRM is a highly rigorous course, grading those exams take a long time. There's just so much ~nuance~ to this incredibly applicable and relevant course.

I think my word count for the exam was 26.

robert88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby robert88 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:42 pm

We got ours, but it is just a raw score out of 87 points total. It was posted on blackboard.

RareExports wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:Greenfield/Osgood are up.

I still haven't even gotten my LRM grade from a month and a half ago.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:12 am

What I really need is my open memo back so I can send out a writing sample.

Does anyone know when we can pick up exams?

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:29 am

robert88 wrote:We got ours, but it is just a raw score out of 87 points total. It was posted on blackboard.

RareExports wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:Greenfield/Osgood are up.

I still haven't even gotten my LRM grade from a month and a half ago.


You made me figure out how to get to blackboard on my phone, but nothing up for my section as far as I can tell. :(

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:54 pm

robert88 wrote:We got ours, but it is just a raw score out of 87 points total. It was posted on blackboard.

RareExports wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:Greenfield/Osgood are up.

I still haven't even gotten my LRM grade from a month and a half ago.

Who do you have for LRM?

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:48 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:What I really need is my open memo back so I can send out a writing sample.

Does anyone know when we can pick up exams?


Doctrinal exams? You can go review them with your prof but I'm pretty sure they don't let you keep your exam.

robert88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby robert88 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:17 pm

I apologize. :cry: FWIW, I am in section 6, and we have both LP and LRM back already.
Joscellin wrote:
robert88 wrote:We got ours, but it is just a raw score out of 87 points total. It was posted on blackboard.
You made me figure out how to get to blackboard on my phone, but nothing up for my section as far as I can tell. :(

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:What I really need is my open memo back so I can send out a writing sample.

Does anyone know when we can pick up exams?


Doctrinal exams? You can go review them with your prof but I'm pretty sure they don't let you keep your exam.


Some professors allow this. Drobak gave back everyone's Antitrust and Fed Jur exams with an explanation of the answers because he's awesome (although I don't think he let us keep the questions themselves).

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:17 am

robert88 wrote:I apologize. :cry: FWIW, I am in section 6, and we have both LP and LRM back already.
Joscellin wrote:
robert88 wrote:We got ours, but it is just a raw score out of 87 points total. It was posted on blackboard.
You made me figure out how to get to blackboard on my phone, but nothing up for my section as far as I can tell. :(



Blech, just Crim back for me still. I know people say to just chill and don't think about it, but that's just not my nature )

User avatar
valen
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby valen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:20 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:LRM is a highly rigorous course, grading those exams take a long time. There's just so much ~nuance~ to this incredibly applicable and relevant course.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Banshee » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Does anyone know why the registrar stopped posting the grade distributions for classes? If you search you can find archived ones from past semesters, but there isn't a link anymore under the registrar --> grade information and there haven't been any distributions posted since the Spring.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 am

Banshee wrote:Does anyone know why the registrar stopped posting the grade distributions for classes? If you search you can find archived ones from past semesters, but there isn't a link anymore under the registrar --> grade information and there haven't been any distributions posted since the Spring.


They probably just haven't posted any for this semester yet.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Banshee wrote:Does anyone know why the registrar stopped posting the grade distributions for classes? If you search you can find archived ones from past semesters, but there isn't a link anymore under the registrar --> grade information and there haven't been any distributions posted since the Spring.

The official answer that they're giving is that posting the grade distributions was misleading and gave people wrong ideas. That answer didn't make much sense to me, but it was what I received when I asked.

Unrelated: still no grades back :(

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:30 pm

How could it possibly be misleading?

futago
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby futago » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks for the answers to my question about Ethics everyone. I think I'll just stick with taking it this semester so I won't have to worry about it 3L.

hoos89 wrote:How could it possibly be misleading?


Yeah, that makes no sense.

Outis Onoma
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Outis Onoma » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:06 pm

futago wrote:Thanks for the answers to my question about Ethics everyone. I think I'll just stick with taking it this semester so I won't have to worry about it 3L.

hoos89 wrote:How could it possibly be misleading?


Yeah, that makes no sense.


It sounds exactly like something a law school admin would say. Not surprising at all.

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Banshee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:
futago wrote:
hoos89 wrote:How could it possibly be misleading?


Yeah, that makes no sense.


It sounds exactly like something a law school admin would say. Not surprising at all.


Agreed....sounds like a pretty BS response. Too bad. I always thought the grade distributions were a good way to get an idea of how profs grade (max the mean, go above 4.0, etc...)

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Banshee wrote:
Outis Onoma wrote:
futago wrote:
hoos89 wrote:How could it possibly be misleading?


Yeah, that makes no sense.


It sounds exactly like something a law school admin would say. Not surprising at all.


Agreed....sounds like a pretty BS response. Too bad. I always thought the grade distributions were a good way to get an idea of how profs grade (max the mean, go above 4.0, etc...)


Yeah it was a good way to figure out what classes to take after 1L as well. Maybe that's what they're getting at by misleading, but it seems to me that if you're going to end up in a class with a 3.4 median you should have at least some warning.

Surefire44
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Surefire44 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:30 pm

any grades in today for anybody?

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Joscellin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:37 pm

Surefire44 wrote:any grades in today for anybody?


None here

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby RareExports » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

Joscellin wrote:
Surefire44 wrote:any grades in today for anybody?


None here

Section F still with 0 grades.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: asdfasdf8473 and 2 guests