WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby chingwoo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:00 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:
Outis Onoma wrote:WTF are these kids going to do? I can't imagine they would be hired with a big F on their transcript, and having to explain that they cheated. Pretty severe consequences.


I can't imagine they stay in school. Why waste 2 more years' tuition when you're basically barred from the profession.


I've heard that was Mcgarian's objective. The school didn't have any "hard proof" and so they were going to do nothing again. Bear in mind some of the cheaters were some of the same people who allegedly cheated with no reprecussions last semester. Mcgarian wanted to basically force them to choose another career path.


I would caution throwing accusations out about things you've heard along the rumor mill.

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:04 am

chingwoo wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:
Outis Onoma wrote:WTF are these kids going to do? I can't imagine they would be hired with a big F on their transcript, and having to explain that they cheated. Pretty severe consequences.


I can't imagine they stay in school. Why waste 2 more years' tuition when you're basically barred from the profession.


I've heard that was Mcgarian's objective. The school didn't have any "hard proof" and so they were going to do nothing again. Bear in mind some of the cheaters were some of the same people who allegedly cheated with no reprecussions last semester. Mcgarian wanted to basically force them to choose another career path.


I would caution throwing accusations out about things you've heard along the rumor mill.


I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Outis Onoma
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Outis Onoma » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Are all the grades in? Rankings coming soon? I derive my self worth and happiness from my rank. :wink:

futago
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby futago » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:10 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote: Frankly though I have no sympathy for them.


This.

Outis Onoma wrote:Are all the grades in? Rankings coming soon? I derive my self worth and happiness from my rank. :wink:


At least one grade is still out. Judging from the grade distribution page, many are.

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby ek5dn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for answering question guys!
I'll be coming to St. Louis from VA, and I'm contemplating whether or not I should lease a car.
I'm looking for apartments primarily in the Clayton area. Are there grocery stores/drug stores and restaurants close by? Enough that a car is unnecessary? Also, if I get a place on Washington Avenue, is it safe to walk to campus?
And if a car is recommended, does anyone know of some reliable leasing offices? Thanks :)

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 pm

ek5dn wrote:Thanks for answering question guys!
I'll be coming to St. Louis from VA, and I'm contemplating whether or not I should lease a car.
I'm looking for apartments primarily in the Clayton area. Are there grocery stores/drug stores and restaurants close by? Enough that a car is unnecessary? Also, if I get a place on Washington Avenue, is it safe to walk to campus?
And if a car is recommended, does anyone know of some reliable leasing offices? Thanks :)


I'd say it kind of depends on what area of Clayton. If you were going to try to do the no car thing in Clayton, you'd almost have to be near a metro stop, and even then I would imagine it would be a pain at times. As far as access to grocery stores, food, etc. again, that would depend on where exactly in Clayton you were.
Last edited by LET'S GET IT on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

konar
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby konar » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 pm

If he means the Washington Avenue just north of campus, then yes it is completely safe to walk to campus.

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:21 am

Ah ok. I didn't know there was one in that area. STL has multiple streets with the same name. I think there are like 3 named olive.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:33 am

konar wrote:If he means the Washington Avenue just north of campus, then yes it is completely safe to walk to campus.


True that.

LET'S GET IT wrote:Ah ok. I didn't know there was one in that area. STL has multiple streets with the same name. I think there are like 3 named olive.


Yeah they're really the "same" but they just start and stop over and over because of all the dumb dead ends in the CWE.

And for whatever reason they change the suffix sometimes too: Wash Ave is Washington Place at some points for no apparent reason.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 pm

..

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 pm

How long does it take for rankings to come out once all grades are in?

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:36 pm

PourMeTea wrote:How long does it take for rankings to come out once all grades are in?


Percentile cut offs were up pretty fast last semester, 1/13/15

bluedolphin
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby bluedolphin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:24 pm

How do you get 2L summer jobs?

konar
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby konar » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:35 am

OCI, symplicity listings, mass mailing, J.D. advisor leads, networking, job banks, etc

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:28 pm

And it's official. Allegations of cheating will again go unpunished by our fantastic administration. Yay alleged cheaters!

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:58 pm

..

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:07 pm

..

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 pm

sublime wrote:Looking at the email again, is it 6 charges total three of which were dismissed?


Maybe. I thought the 3 charges were the 3 dismissed, but maybe they are seperate? I don't know.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 pm

sublime wrote:Looking at the email again, is it 6 charges total three of which were dismissed?


That's how I read it, only 3/6 allegations dismissed.

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:21 pm

See Fiero, that's why you're a beast. You interpreted that e-mail like a judicial opinion.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby chingwoo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 pm

How do you post images from your phone? But there are charges but no determinations.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Lol

Image

Edit: added on behalf of the user above

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:42 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:See Fiero, that's why you're a beast. You interpreted that e-mail like a judicial opinion.


This is good consolation for my 1L struggles haha

And sublime got it first, of course. speed demon 8) .

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

I wonder how substantiated these allegations are. Maybe they'll bring back in those language experts

User avatar
LET'S GET IT
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Language experts?




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests