WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
futago

Bronze

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Post by futago » Sat May 30, 2015 7:04 pm

sublime wrote:I have heard that June 1 is the deadline, but profs don't really care.

Lewis LP and Legomsky Crim came out Friday fwiw.
Thanks. Yeah, my LP came out on Friday as well.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sun May 31, 2015 2:46 am

anybody have recommendations for quality/skilled barbers in the area?

justkeepswimming794

New

Post by justkeepswimming794 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:58 am

RareExports wrote:I'm having trouble finding newer apartments in CWE for my price range, which is a chief reason (among other important ones) for why I am looking primarily downtown. If anyone has any good recommendations for relatively new 1 BRs in CWE for under $950 or so, let me know!
its a pain in the ass living downtown. i have a few friends that do (or have) one with a car one without and either way its a pain. live in u city its a 5-10 minute cab ride or 15 metro ride to CWE and much more convenient/cheaper. also theres plenty of people that live in the loop and relatively easy to get rides to CWE for bar review/other social events

ETA if you forget something (books, etc) or feel like going home for a lunch time nap (which you will) its really nice to be able to do so living closer to school. that 15 minutes makes a huge difference when it could be spent sleeping on certain days

futago

Bronze

Post by futago » Sun May 31, 2015 11:08 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:anybody have recommendations for quality/skilled barbers in the area?
I use Big Bend Barbershop. The guy is great but it is only him so there is sometimes a long wait. It is $15.

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Sun May 31, 2015 11:47 am

I saw that Magarian failed four people and someone told me he failed the people that cheated. Anyone heard anything on this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun May 31, 2015 12:16 pm

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Sun May 31, 2015 12:44 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:anybody have recommendations for quality/skilled barbers in the area?
Wyoming Barber on South Grand, across from the Vine is really good.

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Post by Outis Onoma » Sun May 31, 2015 12:45 pm

sublime wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:I saw that Magarian failed four people and someone told me he failed the people that cheated. Anyone heard anything on this?

I have not heard anything, but I would be absolutely shocked if four people got legitimate 2.50's.
Dude failed four people with 2.5's. I imagine the only way that is possible is if you cheat or skip the exam. I would have loved to be on that curve as a 1L.

https://law.wustl.edu/registrar/Distrib ... garian.pdf

justkeepswimming794

New

Post by justkeepswimming794 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:01 pm

I wonder if they were taken out of the curve and just given those grades? or if it really did just give everyone else a nice bump

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:18 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:I saw that Magarian failed four people and someone told me he failed the people that cheated. Anyone heard anything on this?
Did they all take the exam together or something?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun May 31, 2015 1:27 pm

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:46 am

Of all the exams to cheat on...there's literally one rule you can't break (assuming it's the same ol' 24-hour take out), and you could give a middle schooler the Chemerinsky hornbook and they'd pass.

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:19 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:Of all the exams to cheat on...there's literally one rule you can't break (assuming it's the same ol' 24-hour take out), and you could give a middle schooler the Chemerinsky hornbook and they'd pass.
Yeah I get that people who do that stuff never think they will get caught, but is it really worth jeopardizing your entire career to get yourself from maybe a B+ to an A? I guess they think maybe this could mean the difference between getting biglaw or not, but still.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Post by Outis Onoma » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm

WTF are these kids going to do? I can't imagine they would be hired with a big F on their transcript, and having to explain that they cheated. Pretty severe consequences.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:WTF are these kids going to do? I can't imagine they would be hired with a big F on their transcript, and having to explain that they cheated. Pretty severe consequences.
All the more reason why it was so stupid.

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:WTF are these kids going to do? I can't imagine they would be hired with a big F on their transcript, and having to explain that they cheated. Pretty severe consequences.
And I think they have to report it to the bar under C&F, so yeah, they are pretty screwed. Frankly though I have no sympathy for them.

JonTheMandamus

New

Post by JonTheMandamus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:06 pm

So I've been hearing a lot of bad rep about the 1L class at WUSTL this year. Is that an anomaly or the norm and it just wasn't getting on people's radar in the past? I guess I'm asking for input from 2Ls, 3Ls, or recent grads.

On a completely different note, how is the career services office there?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:08 pm

JonTheMandamus wrote:So I've been hearing a lot of bad rep about the 1L class at WUSTL this year. Is that an anomaly or the norm and it just wasn't getting on people's radar in the past? I guess I'm asking for input from 2Ls, 3Ls, or recent grads.

On a completely different note, how is the career services office there?
I'm in the gunner class (rising 2L's). It's an anomaly. The two classes above ours seem pretty chill from what I can gather.
Last edited by LET'S GET IT on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

konar

New

Post by konar » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:10 pm

You are hearing about it because it is not the norm. The 2015 and 2016 classes are very easygoing by law school standards imo.

JonTheMandamus

New

Post by JonTheMandamus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Ahh. Thanks for the input!

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Class of 2014 was really chill, too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 am

I hope those are also 4 of the fake ADHD people too

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:14 am

I can't imagine they stay in school. Why waste 2 more years' tuition when you're basically barred from the profession.

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:46 am

notedgarfigaro wrote:
I can't imagine they stay in school. Why waste 2 more years' tuition when you're basically barred from the profession.
I've heard that was Mcgarian's objective. The school didn't have any "hard proof" and so they were going to do nothing again. Bear in mind some of the cheaters were some of the same people who allegedly cheated with no reprecussions last semester. Mcgarian wanted to basically force them to choose another career path.

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:03 am

LET'S GET IT wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:
I've heard that was Mcgarian's objective. The school didn't have any "hard proof" and so they were going to do nothing again. Bear in mind some of the cheaters were some of the same people who allegedly cheated with no reprecussions last semester. Mcgarian wanted to basically force them to choose another career path.
As someone that had to "prosecute" a similar incident...good for him! It's really hard to prove collaboration on a take out to the standard necessary, and the school would rather not have to sanction students if it doesn't have to (b/c it usually leads to a lawsuit).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”