LawsRUs wrote:^^ Sorry to change the subject there, but have you met anyone at WUSTL who is coming out with ~$100,000+ (including CoL + undergrad loans*) who wants to do gov'tal or PI work, but is relying on this golden formula to repay the loans:
WUSTL's LRAP / PSLF + IBR ? (Is this fwt or nay?)
(that was a strange question, but I studied WUSTL's LRAP and I noticed that WUSTL offers a very generous LRAP--much more generous than some other schools that I've gotten into)
* I have more than average undergrad loans. D;
In case anyone wanted access to the forms:
http://law.wustl.edu/LRAP/documents/LRA ... an2015.pdf
TLDR: LRAP II: Maximum PI salary for the Wash U LRAP II is 70k, Wash U pays 60% of your IBR payment (to use PAYE, must do LRAP I) , you pay the other 40%. At 10 years they expect PLSF (nothing mentioned about the tax bomb - I talked to financial services last year and they "expect" that Congress will take care of the tax bomb problem... but of course who knows). Minimum loan debt required to enter the program is 20k. There are strong limits to the amount of savings/equity/etc you can have if you are on LRAP.