WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 pm

.
Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:50 pm

..

bombombom
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby bombombom » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:33 am

romothesavior wrote:There have been a number of these threads for WUSTL over the last few years, but they have usually fizzled out and left a lot of people's questions unanswered. I don't plan on leaving TLS anytime soon since I'm on here religiously, so hopefully this thread will be able to answer anyone's questions regarding WUSTL and remain a valuable resource of student opinions for applicants throughout the cycle.

Feel free to ask me anything about the admissions process, the school atmosphere, the curriculum, the campus, St. Louis, the jobs scene, etc. I encourage other WUSTL students to chime in with their thoughts as well.

So fire away!



Hi,romothesavior. I am an international applicant unfortunately on waitlist last month, Do you know what are my chances for enrollment? Should I wait for the final decision ? Do you know the time they dealing with WL? I dont know much about Spivey, Can you give me some suggestions,Whether it is necessary to become a client ?Sorry for so many questions.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Fiero85 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi all, I have a housing question for my upcoming first year at WUSTL that I made a separate thread for. I'd love to hear what you all think.

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223343

Thanks!

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:08 am

Dorothy please post grades today.

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Cellar-door » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 am

Dorothy grades went up on Friday afternoon, so either the registrar is slow or 2L or 3L grades are not in yet.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Cellar-door wrote:Dorothy grades went up on Friday afternoon, so either the registrar is slow or 2L or 3L grades are not in yet.

oh my mistake. The registrar said that they'd go ahead and release cutoffs for 1Ls before the 2Ls and 3Ls. Should be out today

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:41 pm

So...apparently Mandelker misgraded an exam by 17 points (it was 17 points lower than it should have been). Does this mean that he has to re-adjust all our grades now..?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:42 pm

..

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby goldeneye » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:So...apparently Mandelker misgraded an exam by 17 points (it was 17 points lower than it should have been). Does this mean that he has to re-adjust all our grades now..?



What the actual fuck.

Has to be that 2.5, right?

And in theory, he would have to, right?


What was 2.5? someone's grade?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:53 pm

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:54 pm

goldeneye wrote:
sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:So...apparently Mandelker misgraded an exam by 17 points (it was 17 points lower than it should have been). Does this mean that he has to re-adjust all our grades now..?



What the actual fuck.

Has to be that 2.5, right?

And in theory, he would have to, right?


What was 2.5? someone's grade?

it was 17 raw points not curved points. And i don't want to disclose what the original/correct grade was since it wasn't me, but the gap was significant.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:55 pm

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

sublime wrote:Oh, ok. I thought it was curved points.

Are we still going to get cutoffs today, do you know?

I doubt it. Mandelker didn't find out about the error until today or Friday. lol fuck this shit

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:03 pm

..

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm

..

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby goldeneye » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:20 pm

I mean a 2.5 is just insult to injury at that point since anything below the 2.74 isn't passing.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:33 pm

..

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm

.
Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durkheim
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Durkheim » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:So...apparently Mandelker misgraded an exam by 17 points (it was 17 points lower than it should have been). Does this mean that he has to re-adjust all our grades now..?



What the actual fuck.

Has to be that 2.5, right?

And in theory, he would have to, right?


Not necessarily. This is more common than you might think. If the error is discovered before grades are posted, then they would probably readjust. If the error is discovered after grades are posted (e.g. by the affected student), then that individual's grade is changed and the mean increases. There is an incentive to meeting with your profs, going over the exam, and THEN verifying the grade. I can only speculate whether a professor would see an A paper erroneously given an B+ as being an A paper, or whether they would simply justify the recorded grade.

disco_stu
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby disco_stu » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:24 pm

2Ls and 3Ls: The Registrar’s Office has not yet received all the upper-level grades and cannot calculate the percentile cut-offs for your classes until all grades are in. We expect to receive these grades very soon, and as soon as they are all in, we will communicate your percentile cut-off information via email. Thank you.]


I know that grades don't matter anymore, but what happened? That message was sent Tuesday. If profs had a difficult job, I could understand the delay.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby TatteredDignity » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:05 pm

disco_stu wrote:
2Ls and 3Ls: The Registrar’s Office has not yet received all the upper-level grades and cannot calculate the percentile cut-offs for your classes until all grades are in. We expect to receive these grades very soon, and as soon as they are all in, we will communicate your percentile cut-off information via email. Thank you.]


I know that grades don't matter anymore, but what happened? That message was sent Tuesday. If profs had a difficult job, I could understand the delay.


I don't know how many grades are still unposted, but mine is one of them.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby goldeneye » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:23 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
disco_stu wrote:
2Ls and 3Ls: The Registrar’s Office has not yet received all the upper-level grades and cannot calculate the percentile cut-offs for your classes until all grades are in. We expect to receive these grades very soon, and as soon as they are all in, we will communicate your percentile cut-off information via email. Thank you.]


I know that grades don't matter anymore, but what happened? That message was sent Tuesday. If profs had a difficult job, I could understand the delay.


I don't know how many grades are still unposted, but mine is one of them.


That's garbage. There's no penalty at all and they've had more than a month.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:09 pm

.
Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby TatteredDignity » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:49 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Out that prof.


I'd rather not. But based on the available grade distributions, I'm not the only one.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 6 guests