WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
A shot in the dark
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby A shot in the dark » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Opinions on Information and Privacy Law class/Professor Richards?

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Unagi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Any advice for International Business Transactions exam? (Rosenzweig)

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby goldeneye » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 am

Unagi wrote:Any advice for International Business Transactions exam? (Rosenzweig)


Bump for this.

And ethics with Pratzel?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 pm

..

HEAT3PEAT
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby HEAT3PEAT » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 pm

$
Last edited by HEAT3PEAT on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dolphine
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 12:38 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Dolphine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:38 am

.
Last edited by Dolphine on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:47 am

..

User avatar
nachosrgood
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby nachosrgood » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Anyone have any tips for studying for Mandelker? I have a thorough outline, with little mini briefs on each case, but have no idea what type of practice exams or other studying is worthwhile.

I am guessing E&E's are a decent starting point because they are shortish and focused on one specific topic at a time. Any other ideas for practice exams?

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:28 pm

nachosrgood wrote:Anyone have any tips for studying for Mandelker? I have a thorough outline, with little mini briefs on each case, but have no idea what type of practice exams or other studying is worthwhile.

I am guessing E&E's are a decent starting point because they are shortish and focused on one specific topic at a time. Any other ideas for practice exams?


just relax and know that your grade will be fairly random.

I'm being dead serious- do not spend a lot of time studying...you'd be better off concentrating on other classes. I went in the book, my notes, and a list of all the cases with 1-2 sentence summary crosslisted to my book and my notes. I did very well, but mainly b/c 1/4 of my class misread one of the questions and got 2's on it.

User avatar
nachosrgood
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby nachosrgood » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:04 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:
nachosrgood wrote:Anyone have any tips for studying for Mandelker? I have a thorough outline, with little mini briefs on each case, but have no idea what type of practice exams or other studying is worthwhile.

I am guessing E&E's are a decent starting point because they are shortish and focused on one specific topic at a time. Any other ideas for practice exams?


just relax and know that your grade will be fairly random.

I'm being dead serious- do not spend a lot of time studying...you'd be better off concentrating on other classes. I went in the book, my notes, and a list of all the cases with 1-2 sentence summary crosslisted to my book and my notes. I did very well, but mainly b/c 1/4 of my class misread one of the questions and got 2's on it.


Agree with that statement. It is my last final, so I will have a couple days to study exclusively for it (or just do nothing :lol: ), was just thinking about how to spend those couple days.

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby swimmer11 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Anybody have any tips for Professor Sadat's exams? or Lipeles Environmental Law?

PM if you do please

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Do people play a lot of chess in St. Louis? I know the top rated USA player lives there, and there are important international tournaments there every year.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 pm

..

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Cellar-door » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:42 pm

sublime wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:Do people play a lot of chess in St. Louis? I know the top rated USA player lives there, and there are important international tournaments there every year.



I haven't encountered it in my limited time here. There is a comics/gaming store like two blocks from the school that may do shit like that though. I have no idea. It looks like we have a championship winning chess club though: http://www.studlife.com/news/2013/01/28 ... mpionship/


I think that is more roleplaying/ board games.

There is a place in the CWE though: --LinkRemoved--
$30 a year for students.

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Randomnumbers » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:08 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Do people play a lot of chess in St. Louis? I know the top rated USA player lives there, and there are important international tournaments there every year.


The best chess club in the United States is here, as linked above. I'm not involved in chess anymore, and it's unclear what you are looking for, but this is probably the best city in the US for chess.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Presidentjlh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 pm

nachosrgood wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:
nachosrgood wrote:Anyone have any tips for studying for Mandelker? I have a thorough outline, with little mini briefs on each case, but have no idea what type of practice exams or other studying is worthwhile.

I am guessing E&E's are a decent starting point because they are shortish and focused on one specific topic at a time. Any other ideas for practice exams?


just relax and know that your grade will be fairly random.

I'm being dead serious- do not spend a lot of time studying...you'd be better off concentrating on other classes. I went in the book, my notes, and a list of all the cases with 1-2 sentence summary crosslisted to my book and my notes. I did very well, but mainly b/c 1/4 of my class misread one of the questions and got 2's on it.


Agree with that statement. It is my last final, so I will have a couple days to study exclusively for it (or just do nothing :lol: ), was just thinking about how to spend those couple days.

Yeah, with Mandy, I've just come to the conclusion it's a pure crapshoot. I'm focusing on Goldwasser and Greenfield.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:Yeah, with Mandy, I've just come to the conclusion it's a pure crapshoot. I'm focusing on Goldwasser and Greenfield.

Looked at Greenfield's '82 final to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 pm

..

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Anyone here get in despite a Feb. app w/ Feb. lsat?

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Anyone here get in despite a Feb. app w/ Feb. lsat?


They make rolling acceptances up until the last day of their deposit deadlines, then they hand out tons of rejects and waitlists.

However, they do make decisions pretty quick, and up until that deadline. I submitted late (Feb 3rd or so) due to Dec Score, and wasn't really looking to apply to Wash U, and had a decision within a week (but I had a 170 LSAT) I had to wait for Scholarship info, but I was able to negotiate pretty well on scholarship, even with late apply.

I'm guessing if you have about their 75% LSAT(167-68), they'd take you as long as you applied early to mid March. I've never discussed anyone with who has taken a Feb LSAT, but they pulled deep of their waitlist all the way until first week of school. If you truly want Wash U, you can make it work.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby sublime » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:57 am

..

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Randomnumbers » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:09 am

If you had the LSAT/GPA, I'd imagine they would take you in August. (And no, I'm not exaggerating).

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Good luck to all my fellow 1L's tomorrow


Image

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Presidentjlh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:57 pm

cusenation wrote:Good luck to all my fellow 1L's tomorrow


Image

Godspeed to you as well.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests