WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL 3L (and others) Taking Questions

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:51 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Romo your post just traumatized me. I'm scared now.

Eh it's not that bad. We've all made it thru just fine. I think St. Louis's crime rep is overblown, but at the end of the day its a city and there will be crime. Don't let it control you, have fun, live your life, etc.

Oban

Postby Oban » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 am

Cellar-door wrote:So anyone currently living in STL have an opinion on Downtown... particularly with regard to the Washington Ave Loft area? (say between Broadway and 18th?) When I was in town I checked it out, and it seemed like a nice urban revitalization area, cool stuff going on, good police presence etc. Of course it did look like things started to fall off pretty hard only a few blocks away. (also my cab driver said he thought it was a better place to live than the CWE because of the big-time police presence)

Dowtown is decent, walking distance to metrolink which takes you to campus/CWE. You have a chunk of decent bars and clubs. Decent restaurants. lots of police around. Park nearby for walking/Chilling (National Monument). Easy access to all the stadiums. The downside is that a big chunk of downtown dies/closes after 5pm and the Culinaria is overpriced/monopoly. It also kind of suck to have your neighborhood bar completely overrun with suburban cards fans after a game, but that is not much of a problem during the school year.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 am

Fine, my "blending in" comment was a little off-base, sorry. Call me out though, not Romo.

However, I would add that, while I personally have not had problems with crime in St. Louis, I have had friends who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and stood out in a bad way one way or another, and therefore became targets - that being said, those situations are avoidable. And I know it's a socio-economic thing, not a race thing; although, unfortunately, St. Louis does remain a highly racially divided city.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am

dietcoke0 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Michael Bluth wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Wow, I think we've read about 300 pages out of the case book in De Geest this semester. We had a month, where we just read the Posner treatise, and went over an outline he gave to us. Was hardly any cold calling (if at all) then we got into the cases, and all of a sudden, he was calling on 10-30 students a class. Big jump. We also had a week of applications on either end of the case book readings.

BTW, anyone got any protips on De Geest, Magarian, or Inazu's finals? I think I got them all down, but didn't know if someone wanted to throw a few pointers out there.

You just upped my motivation to study for this exam now that I know your clown ass is on the curve.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am

TheZoid wrote:You just upped my motivation to study for this exam now that I know your clown ass is on the curve.

:lol:

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Birdnals wrote:
TheZoid wrote:You just upped my motivation to study for this exam now that I know your clown ass is on the curve.

I'd just like to take this moment to invite all the fine folks of TLS to revisit the fall grades waiting thread for a good laugh re: dietcoke's unmatched hubris, and if I'm not mistaken, ensuing disappointment.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm

TheZoid wrote:
Birdnals wrote:

I'd just like to take this moment to invite all the fine folks of TLS to revisit the fall grades waiting thread for a good laugh re: dietcoke's unmatched hubris, and if I'm not mistaken, ensuing disappointment.

I don't have to visit it to remember it: I couldn't decide if he was serious or not. Is anyone ignorant enough to assume they'll beat out a couple hundred people who are all trying just as hard and of comparable intellect?

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:59 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
TheZoid wrote:
Birdnals wrote:

I don't have to visit it to remember it: I couldn't decide if he was serious or not. Is anyone ignorant enough to assume they'll beat out a couple hundred people who are all trying just as hard and of comparable intellect?

Haha yup, apparently special snowflake syndrome combined with a dash of arrogance can really affect logical thinking ability.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Now now, let's all be chill sociable Midwestern bros in here.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:23 pm

TheZoid wrote:I'd just like to take this moment to invite all the fine folks of TLS to revisit the fall grades waiting thread for a good laugh re: dietcoke's unmatched hubris, and if I'm not mistaken, ensuing disappointment.

Link? I'm lazy.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

romothesavior wrote:Now now, let's all be chill sociable Midwestern bros in here.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Birdnals wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Now now, let's all be chill sociable Midwestern bros in here.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 pm

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:26 pm

TheZoid wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
Birdnals wrote:

Haha yup, apparently special snowflake syndrome combined with a dash of arrogance can really affect logical thinking ability.

My god. I said I thought I did well on my exams. I did pretty good on my exams. This little cunt making me out like I'm waving my Calis (which I didn't get) in front of everyone's face like some people in our class. Get over it bro. I don't know who you are by your handle, but I am sure I know you IRL regardless. Don't be a prick because of one fucking post. I know other people who did better than me from this board (cough, Birdnails) yet I'm the martyr because I said I felt good about my exams.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
TheZoid wrote:I'd just like to take this moment to invite all the fine folks of TLS to revisit the fall grades waiting thread for a good laugh re: dietcoke's unmatched hubris, and if I'm not mistaken, ensuing disappointment.

Link? I'm lazy.

My post he's referring too (and I was with others discussing how we felt we did on our tests)

"Civ Pro - Closed everything, feel good about it though. 3200 words, all of them pretty good. My guess, top 20%.

Prop - Feel great. My worse class, but hit everything hard. 4500 words. I accidentally named a future interest vested remainder subject to open instead of contingent remainder subject to open. But I talked so much about the RAP problem I feel good about it. Also BS a bit on an assignment question for privity of contract. Hoping I got that right. But really, I feel very good about it. Again, top 20%, but based on people literally leaving 30 minutes early in that class, I could see higher.

Torts is tomorrow. I honestly think I can get #1 overall in that class. I got all the material down cold. And I like how his exams are, tons of CoA everywhere. I type fast enough to get 7-8k words overall (I usually read, outline for 20 minutes, then blast away) Plus I just get what he wants and what he is looking for.

My biggest fear is that I feel so good about my tests. I don't want to be let down."

BTW, I had good reasons to feel good about Torts. I had that class down cold, but blew it on the examine (well, not blew it, but didn't do as well because it was a lot of MisRep and 402a, which I wasn't as strong in.)

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:36 pm

And if my post above seems harsh, it's because after nearly every post I've made since then, TheZoid has harassed me, and quite frankly it's annoying.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I still like you bro, even if you do cheer for a basketball team full of cheaters.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Birdnals wrote:I still like you bro, even if you do cheer for a basketball team full of cheaters.

a Kentucky fan? Man the strikes keep adding up...

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 pm

I like you too, even if your basketball team is full of rapist.

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:06 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:I like you too, even if your basketball team is full of rapist.

ALLEGED rapists.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 pm

My bad, y'all. Hate is whack.

--ImageRemoved--

Michael Bluth

Postby Michael Bluth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Guys can we please get back to what's important: Mocking TatteredDignity for getting his car stolen.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:15 am

Michael Bluth wrote:Guys can we please get back to what's important: Mocking TatteredDignity Michael Bluth for getting his car stolen.letting his little sister borrow his car and then wrecking it.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:16 am

TatteredDignity wrote:
Michael Bluth wrote:Guys can we please get back to what's important: Mocking TatteredDignity Michael Bluth for getting his car stolen.letting his little sister borrow his car and then wrecking it.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 am

Sorry romo, boukedojo, et al. Agree to disagree about what's appropriate to predict about one's exam success. I thought it was arguably disrespectful to one's classmates to predict a CALI before an exam, but I guess we're all entitled to our opinion. I'll let this thread get back on track.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”