WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
dietcoke0

Re: WUSTL 3L (and others) Taking Questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

LST generally puts "school funded positions" in the equation, unless you mean they've found a way to game that as well.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm

I didn't do way worse, but it was on the low side. I felt like that was an easy exam to either do really well on or bomb...5 short questions that basically depend on you finding the case he wants you to talk about...you go 5/5, you do really well, you miss a couple and you're in trouble.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oban

Postby Oban » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

If you get decent grades this semester you can spin off property as a "fluke" in the interviews, assuming you still meet GPA cutoffs. It's unlikely individual grades will ever come up, unless you aced Torts and are interviewing with personal injury firms, but even then it's highly unlikely.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am

dietcoke0 wrote:LST generally puts "school funded positions" in the equation, unless you mean they've found a way to game that as well.

Some "school funded positions" qualify as full-time, JD required. GWU specifically designed theirs so they would fall into this category. So if you look at GWU's percent in this category, it's like 83% or something, when in reality it is somewhere closer to 68%. IOW, George Washington has found a way to game even the LST stats.

contrapositive1

Postby contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

what lsat score is best

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:25 pm

contrapositive1 wrote:what lsat score is best

Check post history before responding.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I applied to some jobs through OCI then today I noticed this new tab of "invitations". I got some interviews but one job I applied to is still "pending". I just wanted to know if I don't get an interview with this employer the "pending" status will change to "no offer" or something like that or if the "pending" will just stay there forever as a no.
Thanks!

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Unagi wrote:I applied to some jobs through OCI then today I noticed this new tab of "invitations". I got some interviews but one job I applied to is still "pending". I just wanted to know if I don't get an interview with this employer the "pending" status will change to "no offer" or something like that or if the "pending" will just stay there forever as a no.
Thanks!

It will change. Pending means the employer is late in responding.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
Unagi wrote:I applied to some jobs through OCI then today I noticed this new tab of "invitations". I got some interviews but one job I applied to is still "pending". I just wanted to know if I don't get an interview with this employer the "pending" status will change to "no offer" or something like that or if the "pending" will just stay there forever as a no.
Thanks!

It will change. Pending means the employer is late in responding.

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/02/the-most-important-part-of-law-school-social-life-rankings/

Wasn't expecting this, but the more I think about it, I do think we have a pretty awesome social scene for a law school. I partied hard in college and I haven't missed a beat since coming here. And overall the people are pretty cool (again... for a law school :lol: ). The 3L class is full of chill, sociable bros, and the 2L class has a bunch of fratstars and fun girls.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 pm

I think I'm going to ask for a ban from this forum until I graduate. I have too much stuff to get done, and this picture seems to sum up my life right now:

--ImageRemoved--

See y'all later.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 am

Couldn't find any pics or info on the rec facilities at WUSTL, so can someone talk a little bit about the rec center? Does it have a decent amount of free weights/machines or is it mostly cardio equipment? I remember a student at ASD saying that he was a member at a different gym off campus instead, and I meant to ask him why. Do many law/grad students use it?

UAX09

Postby UAX09 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 am

Xs20 wrote:Couldn't find any pics or info on the rec facilities at WUSTL, so can someone talk a little bit about the rec center? Does it have a decent amount of free weights/machines or is it mostly cardio equipment? I remember a student at ASD saying that he was a member at a different gym off campus instead, and I meant to ask him why. Do many law/grad students use it?

The gym facilities are acceptable - not first class, but acceptable. As to to whether WUSTL law students use school gym facilities, most don't. Then again, most WUSTL students, undergrad or grad, don't use the gym. WUSTL undergrad is really academically focused, and the social scene is really limited (from third party sources since I didn't attend WUSTL for undergrad). Fortunately, the law school atmosphere is more relaxed and ranked the #1 most social school. But then again, when it comes to physical fitness, I haven't seen many law students use the gym, though I know law people who enroll in private gyms due to the limited nature of the school gym.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 am

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 am

hoos89 wrote:[
Acceptable is a stretch. You have to pay to use the cardio room, and the gym in general is something of a mess. There are about 6 10 pound weights in the entire gym and if you want to do any amount of weight that requires 10s you have to walk around looking for some that aren't in use. Also the whole place just has a kind of dungeony feel. Oh well, I use it anyway because it's free (or I guess it would be more accurate to say: because I have already paid for it).

Damn. Do they at least have a decent bench, squat rack, cables, and dumbbell set? Could make it work with that. With all the money the school has I was expecting them to have a baller rec center, though.

Which private gym do most people you guys know belong to?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am

The paying for cardio use thing is so TTT

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am

One good thing- there's almost always a good crowd for pickup bball games in the afternoons. Seeing how that's the only acceptable exercise to me (other than pickup soccer, which is also pretty steady when the weather warms up), the gym's good enough for me.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 am

Commercial law:

Please tell me I'm not alone.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am

Xs20 wrote:
hoos89 wrote:[
Acceptable is a stretch. You have to pay to use the cardio room, and the gym in general is something of a mess. There are about 6 10 pound weights in the entire gym and if you want to do any amount of weight that requires 10s you have to walk around looking for some that aren't in use. Also the whole place just has a kind of dungeony feel. Oh well, I use it anyway because it's free (or I guess it would be more accurate to say: because I have already paid for it).

Damn. Do they at least have a decent bench, squat rack, cables, and dumbbell set? Could make it work with that. With all the money the school has I was expecting them to have a baller rec center, though.

Yes to all of the bolded, though stretching the meaning of "decent."

Coming from big state U with awesome facilities to this gym was a real letdown. As you say, you'd really expect a school with a bajillion dollar endowment to at least have a separate gym for its athletes! I think that's one of the most annoying parts -- sharing the weight room with the entire football team on a daily basis. But I do it because it's free.

As for cardio... it's dumb that you have to pay for it, but at least with cardio you can just run around outside if you need to.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 am

notedgarfigaro wrote:One good thing- there's almost always a good crowd for pickup bball games in the afternoons. Seeing how that's the only acceptable exercise to me (other than pickup soccer, which is also pretty steady when the weather warms up), the gym's good enough for me.

Yeah, except they never clean the floors, so it's slicker than snot. (exception: they mop them during intramurals).

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oban

Postby Oban » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 pm

The school actually does have a baller rec center, but it's only open for Undergrads. Grad students and the sports (mainly the football) teams have to use the older smaller gym, which isn't absolutely horrible but definitely below market standards given the money this school has.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Oban wrote:The school actually does have a baller rec center, but it's only open for Undergrads. Grad students and the sports (mainly the football) teams have to use the older smaller gym, which isn't absolutely horrible but definitely below market standards given the money this school has.

Wait wait wait wait.... there's ANOTHER rec center? And it's only open to undergrads? WTF? It always blew my mind that the athletes had to lift in the same place as the rest of the school. I guess that explains why there always seem to be a ton of grad students playing basketball. Where is this other rec center?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”