WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL 3L (and others) Taking Questions

Postby romothesavior » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:48 pm

I think overall the WUSTL apparel is solid, but the law school selection is seriously lacking. I don't wear any of it, though I do wear my Law Rev shirts and my Section Wars shirt on occasion.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Question for those who have had crim with Inazu, does he not require a case book? Has some books listed, but not an actual casebook. Is he just being slow?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:This is a smart school, not a state school.
Granted being D3 is a big disadvantage (they just aren't going to be able to generate the same swagger as schools like Vandy/Duke/Stanford), but IMO the real problems are that the colors don't work together, the name is unwieldy, and the school logo is meh

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 am

stratocophic wrote:
Granted being D3 is a big disadvantage (they just aren't going to be able to generate the same swagger as schools like Vandy/Duke/Stanford), but IMO the real problems are that the colors don't work together, the name is unwieldy, and the school logo is meh

Scarlet red and forest green don't work together? Unweildy name? SACRILEGE!!

*wustl undergrad Alum retreats*

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

another wustl alumn enters the fray...
yeah the combination makes me want to vomit.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 am

fl0w wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

another wustl alumn enters the fray...
yeah the combination makes me want to vomit.

It's because the eye conflates the 2 colors to shit brown.

Also, no section war t-shirts yet for the 2Ls, and my journal's t-shirt is so awful that 70% of them are still sitting in the journal office. So zero washu apparel for this guy.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:10 pm

What's the general grades timeline? Mid January?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

goldeneye wrote:What's the general grades timeline? Mid January?
During intersession, early that week iirc. Interesting time, little groups whispering together and a lot of interesting facial expressions, some grinning like idiots and some looking like they just got out of a car that flipped 3 times.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

stratocophic wrote:
During intersession, early that week iirc. Interesting time, little groups whispering together and a lot of interesting facial expressions, some grinning like idiots and some looking like they just got out of a car that flipped 3 times.

Thank you. And well put. Hoping I'm the former haha

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Intersession is the latest, many come sooner.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 pm

I've often had to wait until the end of the first week of the spring semester for mine. I seem to get stuck with the procrastinator professors.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Are grades released on WebSTAC or is there a law specific site for them?

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Are grades released on WebSTAC or is there a law specific site for them?

Chomping at the bit for dat CALI?

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Chomping at the bit of curiosity. I know I didn't Cali any class, but am curious how I did.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

They're posted to webstac, and someone will trumpet each release on your class FB group, so don't worry.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:They're posted to webstac, and someone will trumpet each release on your class FB group, so don't worry.

or proclaim their good fortune to all of intersession.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:They're posted to webstac, and someone will trumpet each release on your class FB group, so don't worry.

Our FB group has been very quiet. Not sure if people would comment on it. Either way, will probably just start checking after xmas. Can't believe it's a week away. Life goes fast in Law School

Paraflam

Postby Paraflam » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Not sure if this has been asked in here yet but, how would you guys rate the overall attractiveness of your class? Do the "LS hot" rumors hold true there?

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Very low. Seem to be more attractive guys than girls, but all the decent looking girls are in long-term relationships.

Again, smart school, not state school.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am

Paraflam wrote:Not sure if this has been asked in here yet but, how would you guys rate the overall attractiveness of your class? Do the "LS hot" rumors hold true there?

i suggest meeting people in the business school, social work school and medical school.
wustl law attractiveness is low.
stl attractiveness is low.

SLU, by comparison to wustl, has prettier people.

But nobody will listen to any of the above. People will pounce all over each other in the fall of your first semester. Then the dust will settle, drama will ensue and everyone will be all "wtf?" Then you'll be like "wow i gotta find someone outside the law school."

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 am

I don't want to sound too shallow in my last post. There are plenty of attractive people in law school, it's just not like undergrad where it was just throw a dart type situation. And I'm not saying people in the school are unattractive. Just not the "wow" factor anymore.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 am

soccerfreak wrote:

or proclaim their good fortune to all of intersession.

meow.

Just a heads up to the 1Ls...Osgood graded his exams last semester in 3 days. Mandelker is also fast (as you would expect), but not that fast.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

Paraflam wrote:Not sure if this has been asked in here yet but, how would you guys rate the overall attractiveness of your class? Do the "LS hot" rumors hold true there?

Our 2L class is damn fine, 3L is alright but we lost some talent to transferring. No idea about 1L.

I think its a decent female scene overall but I recommend treading lightly before dipping your pen in law school ink. Danger, Will Robinson.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:49 am

romothesavior wrote:

Our 2L class is damn fine, 3L is alright but we lost some talent to transferring. No idea about 1L.

I think its a decent female scene overall but I recommend treading lightly before dipping your pen in law school ink. Danger, Will Robinson.
Think the 1Ls are more like the 2Ls than the 3Ls (thankfully). Don't actually know any 1Ls, but the faces I don't recognize are typically >>>>> the ones I do around the law school.

Side note, anyone remember the meltdown that happened as a result of this topic in our CO2013 thread?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Think the 1Ls are more like the 2Ls than the 3Ls (thankfully). Don't actually know any 1Ls, but the faces I don't recognize are typically >>>>> the ones I do around the law school.

Side note, anyone remember the meltdown that happened as a result of this topic in our CO2013 thread?

haha yes, i vaguely remember that. Was definitely a popcorn moment.
Ahhh... i still have another weekend left in Shanghai before I go back to the States. I'm actually starting to get tired of partying my face off after almost 4mo straight of it. Life's rough.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”