WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:27 am

Going to St. Louis this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun morning if necessary) Is there any brokers that anyone recommends for the U-city area? I wanted to look around a few areas, but other than Craigslist, that area is a void of whats available.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Unagi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering how we pay tuition. Is it per month, per semester?
Thanks!

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Unagi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:29 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Going to St. Louis this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun morning if necessary) Is there any brokers that anyone recommends for the U-city area? I wanted to look around a few areas, but other than Craigslist, that area is a void of whats available.

Thanks in advance.


Someone recommended me the Byron Company --LinkRemoved--

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah, saw them on the FB page, but nothing really meets my needs on their page. (cept one)

Thanks though.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby soccerfreak » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm

tuition is per semester.

be careful you don't get ripped off on housing. it seems like a lot of ppl don't realize how cheap the housing can be in Stl, don't commit too quickly, or go with just one company. If you just drive around neighborhoods you can probably find a lot of numbers posted around.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Unagi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:43 pm

soccerfreak wrote:tuition is per semester.


Thanks!

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Unagi wrote:
dietcoke0 wrote:Going to St. Louis this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun morning if necessary) Is there any brokers that anyone recommends for the U-city area? I wanted to look around a few areas, but other than Craigslist, that area is a void of whats available.

Thanks in advance.


Someone recommended me the Byron Company --LinkRemoved--


pretty decent management (very fast with repairs, don't bother you at all), but my building is old, so keep that in mind.

User avatar
roaringeagle
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby roaringeagle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

I have leased a place 3 blocks from the law school. It is slightly higher in rent but the area is very secure and you can easily walk to the law school. I viewed various apartments and this seemed like the nicest combination of an upscale apartment in very close proximity to the law school for slightly higher rent ($700 a month per person.) The place is 1400 square feet and gorgeous. PM me if you would like more details. I'm very chilled and laid back, but a bit shy at first, and I like my place to be very clean. I am looking for a male roommate, no offence ladies.

EDIT: found roommate :D
Last edited by roaringeagle on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bouakedojo
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Going to St. Louis this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun morning if necessary) Is there any brokers that anyone recommends for the U-city area? I wanted to look around a few areas, but other than Craigslist, that area is a void of whats available.

Thanks in advance.


I've only been here a year, but Barron realty has been good to me.

http://www.barronrealty.com/

User avatar
dietcoke0
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Another question. In st Louis and checked out quadrangle. My fiancé wanted to know how safe the area by east gate and cates is. Looks good to me, but the agent never gave her a straight answer. We're very street smart but worried about random acts of violence and car thefts (with nothing in the car)

Thanks

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Unagi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:09 am

dietcoke0 wrote:Another question. In st Louis and checked out quadrangle. My fiancé wanted to know how safe the area by east gate and cates is. Looks good to me, but the agent never gave her a straight answer. We're very street smart but worried about random acts of violence and car thefts (with nothing in the car)

Thanks


I don't know how accurate this is but I checked https://www.crimereports.com/

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby soccerfreak » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 am

Any OCI bidding wisdom some 3Ls wanna share?

lukertin
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby lukertin » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:33 am

soccerfreak wrote:Any OCI bidding wisdom some 3Ls wanna share?

Unless you're top25% don't expect to get a job from it? idk what youre looking for here.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby fl0w » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

lukertin wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:Any OCI bidding wisdom some 3Ls wanna share?

Unless you're top25% don't expect to get a job interview from it? idk what youre looking for here.


ftfy

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Total Litigator » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:30 pm

fl0w wrote:
lukertin wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:Any OCI bidding wisdom some 3Ls wanna share?

Unless you're top25% don't expect to get a job interview from it? idk what youre looking for here.


ftfy


Actuallyyyyyy, because WUSTL is 1/3 blind, you might actually get some interviews.

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

It's been my life's ambition to live in Kentucky/Detroit/Alabama/Kansas City

/things I wish I could say right now

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby Birdnals » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 pm

How's the gym? And will I be able to use it in August or do I have to get a month pass at a mega gym until then? Pool access? I was going to walk onto the polo team, but would like to get some solid pool time in first.

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Birdnals wrote:How's the gym? And will I be able to use it in August or do I have to get a month pass at a mega gym until then? Pool access? I was going to walk onto the polo team, but would like to get some solid pool time in first.


Gym's...meh at best. Have to pay for cardio machine access, can't really comment on the pool access, but I do know at least one person in my class on the polo team.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:It's been my life's ambition to live in Kentucky/Detroit/Alabama/Kansas City

/things I wish I could say right now

"It is currently my life's ambition to get a job."

/what I would say if I were honest.

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:It's been my life's ambition to live in Kentucky/Detroit/Alabama/Kansas City

/things I wish I could say right now

"It is currently my life's ambition to get a job."

/what I would say if I were honest.


whatever, IPsecure. :D

lukertin
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby lukertin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 am

notedgarfigaro wrote:whatever, IPsecure. :D

Tell that to the graduates of 2012 who have technical degrees and were unemployed at graduation, or employed at a job not requiring a JD.

seatown12
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby seatown12 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 am

Birdnals wrote:How's the gym? And will I be able to use it in August or do I have to get a month pass at a mega gym until then? Pool access? I was going to walk onto the polo team, but would like to get some solid pool time in first.

The pool is open for an hour at a time from 5-6am, the noon hour, and 7-8pm if I remember right, and its always crowded with people who are not especially fast. It's a club polo team so you probably don't have to be in top shape (if it's anything like my undergrad state school team).

User avatar
notedgarfigaro
Posts: 1485
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby notedgarfigaro » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:07 pm

The off campus interview program- a legit shot at getting interviews, or basically just glorified resume books?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:20 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:The off campus interview program- a legit shot at getting interviews, or basically just glorified resume books?


discussed a few pages back, but seems that NY and DC are more legit. west coast is a joke. In any case you need to be a serious contender to have a shot

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby soccerfreak » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:33 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
notedgarfigaro wrote:It's been my life's ambition to live in Kentucky/Detroit/Alabama/Kansas City

/things I wish I could say right now

"It is currently my life's ambition to get a job."

/what I would say if I were honest.


whatever, IPsecure. :D

Yeah...I'll believe that when I have an offer lol.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests