WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Postby romothesavior » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:i noticed on the academic calendar that y'all are in school the monday and tuesday before thanksgiving. would this be a good time to come visit the school or will the dread from finals already have set in?

Would be a good time. Finals terror won't be in full swing until Thanksgiving.

Dr. Filth

Postby Dr. Filth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Is there a certain class I should ask to sit in on? WUSTL is pretty much my targeted school, so I want to make sure I feel 100% comfortable about my 100k+ lottery ticket, so I want to make sure to get the most out of the visit.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:Is there a certain class I should ask to sit in on? WUSTL is pretty much my targeted school, so I want to make sure I feel 100% comfortable about my 100k+ lottery ticket, so I want to make sure to get the most out of the visit.

Property with Mandelker
jk

Tamanaha torts

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:49 pm

quadsixm wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Is there a certain class I should ask to sit in on? WUSTL is pretty much my targeted school, so I want to make sure I feel 100% comfortable about my 100k+ lottery ticket, so I want to make sure to get the most out of the visit.

Property with Mandelker
jk

Tamanaha torts

TITCR.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 pm

quadsixm wrote:

Property with Mandelker
jk

Tamanaha torts

Haha this is an almost identical response to the one I formulated when I saw the original question.

Dr. Filth

Postby Dr. Filth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:05 pm

hey you should be able to answer this question. are there any good soccer bars near washu or in stl in general? i watched the world cup in clayton back in 2010 but that wasnt a soccer bar

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:hey you should be able to answer this question. are there any good soccer bars near washu or in stl in general? i watched the world cup in clayton back in 2010 but that wasnt a soccer bar

you can't even chicago basketball in StL. I doubt there are any soccer bars. If there are, I don't know about them.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm

fl0w wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:hey you should be able to answer this question. are there any good soccer bars near washu or in stl in general? i watched the world cup in clayton back in 2010 but that wasnt a soccer bar

you can't even chicago basketball in StL. I doubt there are any soccer bars. If there are, I don't know about them.

Yea there is one. I've never been there but another 1L has and told me about it, sounds pretty cool. It's called The Amsterdam Tavern, and it's in Tower Grove. Now that I have Fox Soccer Channel I usually just watch games at my place, but I'm planning on checking it out sometime.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
quadsixm wrote:

Property with Mandelker
jk

Tamanaha torts

Haha this is an almost identical response to the one I formulated when I saw the original question.

Why does it seem like every WUSTL 1L on TLS is in E/F?

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Kabuo wrote:Why does it seem like every WUSTL 1L on TLS is in E/F?

TBF, soccerfreak is usually so late to class, that's it's hard to classify him as in E/F.... :D

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

quadsixm wrote:Property with Mandelker
jk

I keep wanting to ask him about FDR.

Still, I like him even though I don't know much about property except for takings.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Kabuo wrote: Why does it seem like every WUSTL 1L on TLS is in E/F?

Because it's true. They take it into account when forming sections.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm an A!

myq

Postby myq » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:21 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
fl0w wrote:

Yea there is one. I've never been there but another 1L has and told me about it, sounds pretty cool. It's called The Amsterdam Tavern, and it's in Tower Grove. Now that I have Fox Soccer Channel I usually just watch games at my place, but I'm planning on checking it out sometime.

+1 to the Amsterdam Tavern, great atmosphere for US games.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 pm

fl0w wrote:

Someone told me that WGN usually gets the Chicago games. Not sure what channel that is here, but I was kind of mollified by that news. This lockout might end up saving my grades, but I still hate it.

Dr. Filth

Postby Dr. Filth » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 am

Kabuo wrote:
fl0w wrote:

Someone told me that WGN usually gets the Chicago games. Not sure what channel that is here, but I was kind of mollified by that news. This lockout might end up saving my grades, but I still hate it.

I'm from there and yes this is/was sometimes true. I had directv though, so can't help with channel. WGN shows a lot of Cubs games, or maybe I just noticed more Cubs games because I like to see them fail.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Sorry to belabor the point, but what are people doing for evidence? Anyone have a supplement they recommend?

I am clueless in that class. Everyone says to just read the notes and not the book, but his notes are just that... notes. I'm sure his notes are very helpful for studying and putting together an outline, but I need some sort of explanatory material to help hash all this crap out, so I need a supp. I am going to be genuinely embarrassed tomorrow after I get pwned on the practice midterm.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:42 pm

romothesavior wrote:Sorry to belabor the point, but what are people doing for evidence? Anyone have a supplement they recommend?

I am clueless in that class. Everyone says to just read the notes and not the book, but his notes are just that... notes. I'm sure his notes are very helpful for studying and putting together an outline, but I need some sort of explanatory material to help hash all this crap out, so I need a supp. I am going to be genuinely embarrassed tomorrow after I get pwned on the practice midterm.

i have a prior year outline and i have an E&E. but i'm not really worried about doing anything for tomorrow.

80eight

Postby 80eight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 pm

myq wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
fl0w wrote:

Perhaps you watched it at Barrister's? I don't know if they're technically a soccer bar, but they play soccer games a lot (in my not-a-soccer-fan opinion.)

Punisha20

Postby Punisha20 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Kabuo wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
quadsixm wrote:

Property with Mandelker
jk

Tamanaha torts

Why does it seem like every WUSTL 1L on TLS is in E/F?

E/F >>>> all (in every category)

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Can any of the 2L/3Ls comment on the "town hall" meetings with the dean re: jobs? Class of 2014 is tomorrow, and I'm sort of curious if the message will be the same as whatever he said to ya'll.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 pm

0LNewbie wrote:Can any of the 2L/3Ls comment on the "town hall" meetings with the dean re: jobs? Class of 2014 is tomorrow, and I'm sort of curious if the message will be the same as whatever he said to ya'll.

Ya, I'm wondering too. Are you going to it, 0L?

I'm thinking I'm going to.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:50 pm

bouakedojo wrote:
0LNewbie wrote:Can any of the 2L/3Ls comment on the "town hall" meetings with the dean re: jobs? Class of 2014 is tomorrow, and I'm sort of curious if the message will be the same as whatever he said to ya'll.

Ya, I'm wondering too. Are you going to it, 0L?

I'm thinking I'm going to.

Absolutely I'm going. Either the Dean will give it to us straight and it will be very informative, or he'll BS us and it'll be really entertaining.

Or, he'll split the middle and it'll be no fun at all.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 pm

From what facebook tells me, 3Ls were told to "network like crazy." I hope that's not all we get.

But, I guess, what more can you say to 3Ls at this point?

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 pm

As long as I'm lighting up this thread with trivialities, can any of the 2L/3Ls speak to the utility of the "Alumni Student Summit" that's going down this weekend? Or maybe, explain what it is?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”