WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ref

New

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Post by Ref » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 pm

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx wrote:
Uh oh here comes the notorious humble bragger PnJ. Surprised you're not on the transfer forums humble bragging about your stats. If you were not a complete moron, you'd realize that I am a rising 3L. No wonder you bombed LP, you clearly cannot read.
Btw, I know of at least one top 5%er who didn't write on and thus didn't steal anybody's much more deserved spot.
Not to bruise your clearly very fragile ego, but what PnJ said could be (and likely is) applicable to you, even as a rising 3L. It just would have happened a year earlier.

I knew the class of 2017 was bad, but you are beyond the pale.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Not gonna bother
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Ref wrote:
Uh oh here comes the notorious humble bragger PnJ. Surprised you're not on the transfer forums humble bragging about your stats. If you were not a complete moron, you'd realize that I am a rising 3L. No wonder you bombed LP, you clearly cannot read.
Btw, I know of at least one top 5%er who didn't write on and thus didn't steal anybody's much more deserved spot.
Not to bruise your clearly very fragile ego, but what PnJ said could be (and likely is) applicable to you, even as a rising 3L. It just would have happened a year earlier.

There you go being a bigot again, bashing an entire class of people.

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm

This is why I lurk the WUSTL thread.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
MtheG wrote:Assuming the top 5% all wanted LR and all put in good faith effort then that would only be about 10 people. In turn, that means that 32 spots were saved for people who did well in the competition. Having 77% of spots filled by people who actually had to compete seems pretty fair to me. Moreover, assuming that all the other journals take about 25 students each (they can take more), then any given 1L who participated had a 80% chance of getting an offer.
For the foregoing reasons, you are both right and wrong. It is true that 76.2% of the spots were left to the non top 5%, but what about people who wrote a really good submission but got the boot because some top 5% gunner who bombed LP just got to walk on after wiping his ass with his write on submission. In sum, screwing really good writers out of LR because someone got a really good Torts grade makes little to no sense.
If someone really wrote that great of a comment they'd be on law review. Not that many people write truly good comments, and I assure that given the number of people on law review who wrote on, that all of those people got a spot. So no, I don't think that person who "wrote a really good submission" but didn't get on because of grade-on exists, at least not this year. Also, your assumption that everyone who graded on just mailed it in is ill-founded. Sure there are people every year who assume they'll grade on and don't put in their best effort, but a) some of those people end up screwing themselves when they actually miss the cut, and b) I doubt that's as common now that only the top 5% grade on because it's very difficult to be secure in the top 5% after only 1 semester. One mediocre grade will knock you out. Also, there are more people taken by law review than they need because it's assumed that a number of those people who grade on will transfer out anyway, which somewhat mitigates this issue as well (in reality, probably only about 5 spots get "taken" by grade on). Your assumption that nobody who graded on would have written on is wrong as well. People who are gunners don't just turn that off for write-on (and people who truly bombed LP would have a hard time getting in the top 5%, and it takes more than 1 really good grade to be top 5%).

This is a lot of butt hurt for something that really doesn't matter that much.
You may be right, but you also may be wrong. You're not God you know?
Based on your incredible display of intellectual firepower in this thread, I have no doubt you wrote a beautiful comment, but lost your spot to someone who graded on. Hell, if law professors didn't grade so arbitrarily and law exams weren't completely luck based, you clearly would have been in the top 5% yourself.

Yeah I'm well aware you're a rising 3L...? Where in my post did I suggest you're not? You're complaining about people who "deserve" a spot on LR losing it to someone who graded on, right? Oh, btw, "bombed" for me is relative. My LP grade is probably higher than your cumulative GPA. At least I have something to humblebrag about.
I'm willing to bet your humble-bragging on TLS is overcompensation. Bet you wouldn't say any of this to my face. You have over 3000 posts, get a life. You're literally bragging about your "cumulative GPA" on TLS.

BTW I hope I don't have any classes with you next semester, b/c I heard there's a rising 2L who likes to fart in class. I'm willing to bet that its you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Ref wrote:

There you go being a bigot again, bashing an entire class of people.
Okay tbf LawSchoolisHard.. there was a lot of anger in your post.
C'mon guys, no need for name calling.. Everyone chill.
Congrats to all of you who got a journal.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:42 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Not gonna bother
Uh oh...did the tough guy delete his last post...stand by your convictions PnJ

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Remember what I said about blatant trolling? This is the last warning.

Sachem

New

Post by Sachem » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:48 pm

To be honest, PnJ was quite quiet in classes.
He is shy and sometimes cannot make eye contact in real life.
Love trumps hate.
You guys should allow him to talk whatever he wants to talk on internet since he is too shy to do it in real life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FuturePaulClement

New

Post by FuturePaulClement » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Ref wrote: I knew the class of 2017 was bad, but you are beyond the pale.
I really hope you're not a rising 2L, because this past 1L class was notoriously dumb. I had heard rumors all year, but reading over those write-on submissions really hit it home for me.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Sachem wrote:To be honest, PnJ was quite quiet in classes.
Love trumps hate.
You guys should allow him to talk whatever he wants to talk on internet since he is too shy to do it in real life.
Uff, worst reaming since GOATSE.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:53 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
I really hope you're not a rising 2L, because this past 1L class was notoriously dumb. I had heard rumors all year, but reading over those write-on submissions really hit it home for me.

I probably wouldn't judge a whole class over write on submissions. c/o 2017's kinda sucked, and I am sure c/o 2016's did too (I know mine did). People doing write on are stressed, tired of fucking with LS, and generally don't know what they are doing.

c/o 2017 seemed to talk a lot in class, which was annoying, but they seemed about as smart as the c/o 2016 and the c/o 2015, and quite likely the c/o 2018.

Also interested to know how a class that has only had classes alone is "notoriously dumb" whatever that means, esp bc iirc that class has higher stats, whatever that is worth.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Love trumps hate.
hahaha! Shots fired

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
I know right...and they wanna bash US on TLS!

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:59 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh snap!

Sick burn bro.

Ref

New

Post by Ref » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
Sorry no, just a disappointed alum.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Joscellin wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh snap!

Sick burn bro.
I know right, your class is dumb!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Love trumps hate.
Sorry I mind my own business in law school and am not some obnoxious gunner who thinks he's smarter than everyone else even though he has nothing to show for it.

Say this to my face if you're so tough lol.

FuturePaulClement

New

Post by FuturePaulClement » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:21 pm

sublime wrote: Also interested to know how a class that has only had classes alone is "notoriously dumb" whatever that means, esp bc iirc that class has higher stats, whatever that is worth.
I'm only responding to the rising 2Ls in this thread insulting the class of 2017.

Also, GPA/LSAT stats are not indicative of intelligence. You really think you're special because you scored in the 170s? My Stanford-Binet IQ is in the 170s and you don't hear me bragging about it.

xxLawSchoolIsHardxx

New

Post by xxLawSchoolIsHardxx » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:21 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Love trumps hate.
Sorry I mind my own business in law school and am not some obnoxious gunner who thinks he's smarter than everyone else even though he has nothing to show for it.

Looks like we got the makings of a good ole' fashion law school fist fight.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:23 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
sublime wrote: Also interested to know how a class that has only had classes alone is "notoriously dumb" whatever that means, esp bc iirc that class has higher stats, whatever that is worth.
I'm only responding to the rising 2Ls in this thread insulting the class of 2017.

Also, GPA/LSAT stats are not indicative of intelligence. You really think you're special because you scored in the 170s? My Stanford-Binet IQ is in the 170s and you don't hear me bragging about it.
You literally just bragged about it. Nobody in this thread is doing a great job of dispelling the notion that c/o 2017 is the worst.
Last edited by hoos89 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:23 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:

:lol:

No, that's why I added "for whatever it is worth." My main point is that all the classes are of roughly the same intelligence. And I certainly didn't score in the 170s on the LSAT and I don't even know what a Stanford-Binet Iq is.

Kinda weird that all you guys popped up now since this thread has sporadically talked shit about co 2017 for almost two years now.

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:29 pm

sublime wrote: Kinda weird that all you guys popped up now since this thread has sporadically talked shit about co 2017 for almost two years now.
Sorta what I was wondering. Where did you all come from? & I thought I was late to the party..

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:30 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Love trumps hate.

Looks like we got the makings of a good ole' fashion law school fist fight.
If Sachem had Drobak for civ pro, then I've never had class with him/her so I guess he/she is just trolling. If you really know who I am, feel free to talk shit to my face. I'd like to point out I haven't said anything bad about c/o 2017 as a whole or anybody in particular (until LawSchoolIsHard started shitting everywhere).
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:31 pm

hoos89 wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:

You literally just bragged about it. Nobody in this thread is doing a great job of dispelling the notion that c/o 2017 is the worst.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”