WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Bob_loblaw34

New

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:21 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Lol
What a witty forum contribution! I always thought you seemed like more of a parrot than a human, peanutsnjam, just echoing what your fearless leader, sublime, says. Lol indeed!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm

acr wrote:Do TLS moderators get paid?

This thread makes me feel like we should!

We get a relatively small, but appreciated, bonus once a year usually.

FuturePaulClement

New

Post by FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:
Speaking of hobbies, what are good, healthy hobbies to pick up whilst in law school?
Most law students don't have time for relationships or physical exercise, so you can pretty much do the math.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:28 pm

FuturePaulClement wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
Speaking of hobbies, what are good, healthy hobbies to pick up whilst in law school?
Perusing the P0rnhub and compulsively tindering.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:32 pm

ShapiroBen wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:Wow law school seems really scary :oops:
Don't let grades define you.
How did you find success in law school?
In learning how to hold your liquor.
I actually dont drink hehe. I eat an all organic diet, and jog 5x a week. Drinking harms not only the body but the soul as well. I highly recommend to all law students that turn to alcohol as a crutch to abandon this unhealthy habit.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:34 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
I actually dont drink hehe. I eat an all organic diet, and jog 5x a week. Drinking harms not only the body but the soul as well. I highly recommend to all law students that turn to alcohol as a crutch to abandon this unhealthy habit.
It's the lubricant that keeps the gears of the legal profession turning. That, and KY.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
It's the lubricant that keeps the gears of the legal profession turning. That, and KY.
Nice job getting a job at one of those fancy boutique firms where they at least use lube.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:36 pm

What can I say? I lucked out.

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 pm

sublime wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9#p9440439 .

Don't troll the on topics.
Enough with the secret admonishments. How about you try and apply uniform standards when deciding who to warn and who not to? Instead of just taking care of your cronies. This is unprecedented nepotism worthy of shame and scorn of the highest magnitude. Sublime is a farce of a moderator.

Also, can anyone recommend a good car wash near WUSTL campus? I like to keep my car shiny and fresh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:
sublime wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9#p9440439 .

Enough with the secret admonishments. How about you try and apply uniform standards when deciding who to warn and who not to?
What in the fuck are you talking about?

This is a private site with volunteer mods, not some protected first amendment public forum you dweeb.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:

Enough with the secret admonishments. How about you try and apply uniform standards when deciding who to warn and who not to? Instead of just taking care of your cronies. This is unprecedented nepotism worthy of shame and scorn of the highest magnitude. Sublime is a farce of a moderator.

Also, can anyone recommend a good car wash near WUSTL campus? I like to keep my car shiny and fresh.

No, I was using the warning system so I can more fairly ban you next time you act dumb.

Please stop complaining about moderating here, and use the dedicated Mod Question and Complaint thread.

Thanks!

(And although I didn't really want to substantively engage you, what Merk said. I can ban you for any reason or no reason. I am just choosing to give you more leeway than I probably should, for some reason unbeknownst even to me!)

ShapiroBen

New

Post by ShapiroBen » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
ShapiroBen wrote:
FuturePaulClement wrote:
You don't do drugs do you?!?

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:12 pm

sublime wrote:

4. Moderators

You understand that the TLS forum and TLS wiki moderators are volunteers and that they are not employees, agents, or representatives of Top Law Schools LLC. Moderators are regular users who have volunteered to accept the responsibility of certain forum and wiki permissions such as the ability to delete posts, ban users, and ban IP addresses for the purpose of keeping the TLS forums and TLS wiki free from undesirable content such as spam. Like regular users, the views and opinions expressed by moderators are their own and they are solely responsible for the content they submit on TLS. If you feel a moderator is acting inappropriately, then please contact us directly through the contact link which can be found in the footer of this page as well as in the footer of almost every page on this website.

I encourage all those suffering under sublime's totalitarian regime to exercise your TLS rights! Together we can weaken sublime's despotic grip on this thread! Down with Sublime the immodest, immoderate moderator!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:17 pm

sublime wrote:
Bob_loblaw34 wrote:

No, I was using the warning system so I can more fairly ban you next time you act dumb.

Please stop complaining about moderating here, and use the dedicated Mod Question and Complaint thread.

Thanks!

(And although I didn't really want to substantively engage you, what Merk said. I can ban you for any reason or no reason. I am just choosing to give you more leeway than I probably should, for some reason unbeknownst even to me!)
OK, no problem! I guess no car wash recommendation though? I really do like to keep my whip looking phresh!

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Sublime, you should give this guy a timeout just for giggles.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:
sublime wrote:

4. Moderators

You understand that the TLS forum and TLS wiki moderators are volunteers and that they are not employees, agents, or representatives of Top Law Schools LLC. Moderators are regular users who have volunteered to accept the responsibility of certain forum and wiki permissions such as the ability to delete posts, ban users, and ban IP addresses for the purpose of keeping the TLS forums and TLS wiki free from undesirable content such as spam. Like regular users, the views and opinions expressed by moderators are their own and they are solely responsible for the content they submit on TLS. If you feel a moderator is acting inappropriately, then please contact us directly through the contact link which can be found in the footer of this page as well as in the footer of almost every page on this website.

I encourage all those suffering under sublime's totalitarian regime to exercise your TLS rights! Together we can weaken sublime's despotic grip on this thread! Down with Sublime the immodest, immoderate moderator!!!!

You can do that as well, but either use that or use the Mod Complaint thread. You will be banned if you continue to derail this one

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:19 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:Sublime, you should give this guy a timeout just for giggles.
If banning people on a TLS forum gives you giggles, you really need to get out more.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:20 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:Sublime, you should give this guy a timeout just for giggles.

At least he is putting some effort into the trolling, unlike LawSchoolisHard, etc.

I also don't mind waiting, and after several warnings, being able to hand out a longer ban.

Like wtf, this thread was almost completely helpful and chill for like 250 pages. Good job c/o 2017. Never not fucking shit up.

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:23 pm

sublime wrote:

At least he is putting some effort into the trolling, unlike LawSchoolisHard, etc.

I also don't mind waiting, and after several warnings, being able to hand out a longer ban.

Like wtf, this thread was almost completely helpful and chill for like 250 pages. Good job c/o 2017. Never not fucking shit up.
Thanks, Sublime! I have to say I'm rather enjoying myself as well. This thread is not only expansive but extremely informative! I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about you...

Sprout

Silver

Post by Sprout » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:25 pm

Bob_loblaw34 wrote:
If banning people on a TLS forum gives you giggles, you really need to get out more.
Says the dude who made a TLS to shit up a perfectly useful thread
sublime wrote: Like wtf, this thread was almost completely helpful and chill for like 250 pages. Good job c/o 2017. Never not fucking shit up.
:cry:

Bob_loblaw34

New

Post by Bob_loblaw34 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Sprout wrote:
Bob_loblaw34 wrote:
Says the dude who made a TLS to shit up a perfectly useful thread
sublime wrote: Like wtf, this thread was almost completely helpful and chill for like 250 pages. Good job c/o 2017. Never not fucking shit up.
:cry:
Thank you for your helpful feedback.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:32 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:ITT JCoug accuses those in the top 10% of committing attribution error while doing the same himself.

'Twas ever thus.
I would be, if I were relying on my attribution alone. But I'm relying on studies.

FuturePaulClement

New

Post by FuturePaulClement » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:37 pm

JCougar wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:ITT JCoug accuses those in the top 10% of committing attribution error while doing the same himself.

'Twas ever thus.
I would be, if I were relying on my attribution alone. But I'm relying on studies.
The mod said no more trolling, dude.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:42 pm

ok FuturePaulClement is actually funny now but bob_loblaw you're trying too hard

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:47 pm

JCougar wrote:

'Twas ever thus.
You've posted a study from 1976 that essentially says longer, well-written essays tend to receive higher grades. That isn't surprising nor does it counter the validity of law school exams. Well-written exams should receive higher scores, and perhaps the best exams are those that can be clearly understood by a lay person (i.e. clearly set out the rule and apply the facts to that rule).

In a previous post you said "if you can write a lot of words and impress an English major you're in good shape." This is a misinterpretation of what the data says. If you write a lot of words about nothing, you aren't going to do well. But if you can write a lot of words on topic, that's probably a decent indicator that you have a good grasp of the nuances of the law. It's hard to write a lot about something you don't really understand. If your essay appeals to an English major, it probably means your essay is well constructed and has sound analysis. I think both of those things are legitimate to measure in a law school exam.
Last edited by hoos89 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”