WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
westcoast

Bronze

Re: WUSTL 2L Taking Questions

Post by westcoast » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 am

Do you guys have any idea why WUSTL doesn't release employment stats like most other schools (salary info, etc.)? I would value this information, and it concerns me that it's not readily available.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:20 am

Cause it ain't that good, son.

I was annoyed by this too. A lot of schools have tons of data, which firms hired at which GPA, etc.

Scotsboroughu

New

Post by Scotsboroughu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:15 pm

In terms of OCI interviews and Off-Campus Interview Programs is it ok to schedule interviews back to back. For example, is it a problem to have one interview end at 10:20 and have the next one start at 10:20?

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Scotsboroughu wrote:In terms of OCI interviews and Off-Campus Interview Programs is it ok to schedule interviews back to back. For example, is it a problem to have one interview end at 10:20 and have the next one start at 10:20?
Try not to do it just in case one goes too long - may not end up affecting you, but you don't want to take a chance at keeping an interviewer waiting.

Scotsboroughu

New

Post by Scotsboroughu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm

What if its the only way to get all your interviews in during the day. Is it better to turn down the interview rather than schedule back to back? I guess I am asking if I should turn down a preselect to avoid scheduling back to back

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Do the EIW preselects come in automatically at midnight or the next morning? Also, are they supposed to all "appear" at once or will a bunch of them be "pending"?

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Is it me or were EIW preselects supposed to come out yesterday?

Scotsboroughu

New

Post by Scotsboroughu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:03 pm

they were supposed to but it looks like they moved the date to next week. I think they are supposed to come out Tuesday next week.

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:04 pm

soccerfreak wrote:Is it me or were EIW preselects supposed to come out yesterday?
It is not just you. Also, I heard through CSO that the firms have made their decisions. So, uh, we're just kind of sitting around waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Scotsboroughu wrote:they were supposed to but it looks like they moved the date to next week. I think they are supposed to come out Tuesday next week.
Who did you hear Tuesday from? Someone reputable? I emailed someone in CSO on Tuesday and they gave me a vague "next week" answer.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Gotcha. Totally makes sense. :roll:

Scotsboroughu

New

Post by Scotsboroughu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:15 pm

On the symplicity website in the top right corner they changed the preselect signup time from July 18 to the 24th. I aint talked to no one

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Scotsboroughu wrote:On the symplicity website in the top right corner they changed the preselect signup time from July 18 to the 24th. I aint talked to no one
Interesting. Under the OCI tab in symplicity, mine still says "Preselect Signup July 26" and it has for as long as I can recall. Do you have the early signup cheat code on?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Scotsboroughu

New

Post by Scotsboroughu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:26 pm

i lied about the date. I thought it had said the 18th and then changed to the 24th but i must have imagined it. Mine says 26th. I wish i had the early sign up code. waiting is no fun

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 pm

at least they're not saying "after the 9th" and not posting them until the end of the week, right?

/grr cso grr

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 pm

So, uh, was that email promising more information re: EIW Monday morning just another really funny joke? Are the preselects even going to come out today? I swear I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown and the CSO is Lucy pulling the football.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Michael Bluth wrote:So, uh, was that email promising more information re: EIW Monday morning just another really funny joke? Are the preselects even going to come out today? I swear I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown and the CSO is Lucy pulling the football.
They're up, if you can't see anything that means you didn't get any interview offers.

/jk. I have no idea what's going on in their office but the email definitely said something about this morning.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 pm

soccerfreak wrote:
Michael Bluth wrote:So, uh, was that email promising more information re: EIW Monday morning just another really funny joke? Are the preselects even going to come out today? I swear I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown and the CSO is Lucy pulling the football.
They're up, if you can't see anything that means you didn't get any interview offers.

/jk. I have no idea what's going on in their office but the email definitely said something about this morning.
Yeah it said that you would be able to see at least some of the firms' decisions by Monday (didn't specify a time), but specifically mentioned sending out an email with more info this morning. I understand it's probably a pretty busy time in there, but nobody is making them set time commitments if they aren't sure they can meet them.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Michael Bluth wrote:nobody is making them set time commitments if they aren't sure they can meet them.
This.

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:57 pm

I wonder if a few firms trickling out every day isn't almost worse than the original wait. I hope they don't just announce like 5 or 6 firms every day for the next week. At least with one big drop you could see everything at once and process it.

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I'll gripe all day about the CSO (and totally agree with the posts on the top of the page about withholding data so that no one really knows how bad it actually is), but they can't do anything to push the firms to turn in the lists on time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

deebs wrote:I'll gripe all day about the CSO (and totally agree with the posts on the top of the page about withholding data so that no one really knows how bad it actually is), but they can't do anything to push the firms to turn in the lists on time.
Oh I wasn't trying to imply that it is any way their fault, merely that the wait is killing me.

Edit: Unless you meant it was OK for them to keep pushing the date of reveal back, because I still think that they don't have to set hard dates until they're sure. They could always say "We hope to have it up by late July" instead of committing to dates they're unsure of. But at this point, yeah, it's the firms who are dragging their feet.

§1404

New

Post by §1404 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Has anyone else had responses from EIW firms that aren't yet listed on the symplicity home page? I had a selection from McGwire Woods, which is still not posted, so I'm wondering if any of my 'pending's are really non-selections...

Michael Bluth

Bronze

Post by Michael Bluth » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:45 pm

I think that sometimes there's just a delay between them listing the firms. And also they have Heyl listed twice, so it's not like it's perfectly accurate anyway.

§1404

New

Post by §1404 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm

And misspelled Husch...it's not the picture of accuracy, no.

What other firms have responded that aren't yet listed?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”