WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
TatteredDignity

Gold

Re: WUSTL 3L (and others) Taking Questions

Post by TatteredDignity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:Seriously how do I learn Ethics in three days? I've got a solid old outline but it's just words on a page to me right now. Supplements? CALI exercises? Anybody have any ideas or supplements or anything? Barbri outline? Somebody help a brotha out here.
I'd try to advise you, but I was in the same situation and I'm not so sure it turned out well. I just tried to make sure I at least knew all the issues so I could issue spot, even if I didn't quite get the nuance of the application.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Seriously how do I learn Ethics in three days? I've got a solid old outline but it's just words on a page to me right now. Supplements? CALI exercises? Anybody have any ideas or supplements or anything? Barbri outline? Somebody help a brotha out here.
I'd try to advise you, but I was in the same situation and I'm not so sure it turned out well. I just tried to make sure I at least knew all the issues so I could issue spot, even if I didn't quite get the nuance of the application.
That's what I'm thinking as well. No way I'll understand all the nuance. I mean, I barely read all semester, as you well know. I'd take median in a hot second right now.

Did you find anything in particular to be useful? Supps, study strategies, etc...

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:39 pm

I need to learn ethics in 1 day, haven't done half of the readings. Sigh.

lukertin

Silver

Post by lukertin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Ethics summed up in one sentence: "Does what is being described sound funny? If yes, write 1000 words about it"

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I have heard that this class has been CALI'd by someone going into the final cold but taking the following approach:
"If I were an ethical person, what would I do?"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

fl0w wrote:
I have heard that this class has been CALI'd by someone going into the final cold but taking the following approach:
"If I were an ethical person, what would I do?"
Maybe my ethical compass is misaligned, but I often find that the professional floor for ethical conduct conflicts with my conception of right/wrong. Also, I don't have strong ethical feelings about fee structures, etc. So this approach wouldn't have worked for me :)

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 pm

I just went through the practice exam, which he said is harder than our real final. Didn't seem too bad, so now i feel better. Basically this seems like torts all over again, a bagillion issues, not enough time. Classic racehorse exam.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Oban wrote:I need to learn ethics in 1 day, haven't done half of the readings. Sigh.
I read for the first day of class, and the day I was on call. My book was literally in my locker for almost every other day of class. TD can vouch... I was truly 3Ling my ass off.

I'm just powering through an old outline, the MRPC, and a Nutshell. Hoping to be through the whole course by tonight, and then tomorrow I'll do old exams and some problems from the Professional Responsibility Q&A. I think I can at least snag a median grade, which I would take in a hot second.

If anybody has any other useful supps, brother Romo would be much obliged.

ETA: I've heard that as well, oban. And I've heard the PT is helpful. I'm hoping that I can at least spot the issues, nuance be damned.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Oban wrote:I need to learn ethics in 1 day, haven't done half of the readings. Sigh.
I read for the first day of class, and the day I was on call. My book was literally in my locker for almost every other day of class. TD can vouch... I was truly 3Ling my ass off.

I'm just powering through an old outline, the MRPC, and a Nutshell. Hoping to be through the whole course by tonight, and then tomorrow I'll do old exams and some problems from the Professional Responsibility Q&A. I think I can at least snag a median grade, which I would take in a hot second.

ETA: I've heard that as well, oban. And I've heard the PT is helpful. I'm hoping that I can at least spot the issues, nuance be damned.
It's true -- he did more online clothes shopping than a teenaged girl :lol:

Not that I was any better, I mostly played nerdy computer games 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 am

romothesavior wrote:

do this much and you'll accidentally cali. i'm not joking you can snag median taking that exam after 2hrs of study.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 pm

fl0w wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

do this much and you'll accidentally cali. i'm not joking you can snag median taking that exam after 2hrs of study.
So what does that mean, that the 50% of the class below median didn't study at all? I believe it, just... wow. 3LOL is quite something.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm

fl0w wrote:
I don't know man, I have been studying for a couple of days and I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm

So, I don't know all the ethics rules as well as I'd like to. But... I've got a pretty sick finals stache prepped for tomorrow. So, I've got that goin for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 pm

romothesavior wrote:So, I don't know all the ethics rules as well as I'd like to. But... I've got a pretty sick finals stache prepped for tomorrow. So, I've got that goin for me.
You'd better not be in my sight line, because I don't need any distractions.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
romothesavior wrote:So, I don't know all the ethics rules as well as I'd like to. But... I've got a pretty sick finals stache prepped for tomorrow. So, I've got that goin for me.
It's a great mechanism for throwing off my peers. The men are awe-inspired, the women get aroused.

I'm thinking tweed elbow-patch blazer to go along with the stache. It should help make my answers extra-professorial and authoritative.

RoseVI

New

Post by RoseVI » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 pm

romothesavior wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
It's a great mechanism for throwing off my peers. The men are awe-inspired, the women get aroused.

I'm thinking tweed elbow-patch blazer to go along with the stache. It should help make my answers extra-professorial and authoritative.
You might be one of the few who could pull that off. Including the "extra-professorial and authoritative" part.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 am

romothesavior wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:

:roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lukertin

Silver

Post by lukertin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 am

^ Someone's jelly.

notedgarfigaro

Silver

Post by notedgarfigaro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 am

I wouldn't mind seeing someone wearing a tweed elbow patch blazer, that would be oddly comforting to me.

Now someone wearing athletic shorts, that person just annoys me.

/not directed at anyone
//definitely directed at someone

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing someone wearing a tweed elbow patch blazer, that would be oddly comforting to me.

Now someone wearing athletic shorts, that person just annoys me.

/not directed at anyone
//definitely directed at someone
Hey!

Confused -- it's the person who annoys you, or the wearing shorts?

Anyway, max comfort. I'm not in this game to please people.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Is there a bookstore on campus that sells WUSTL Law swag? Haven't been able to find anything specific to the law school online.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Paraflam wrote:Is there a bookstore on campus that sells WUSTL Law swag? Haven't been able to find anything specific to the law school online.
there's 1 lawschool hoodie and 3 law school shirts (1 is female only). and i wouldn't call them swaggerific.
WUSTL apparel is lacking in the awesomeness department.

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeah, any everyone has that ugly-ass green hoody. I dunno, I'd rather just make something custom online if you want something nicer.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 pm

:( was hoping they'd have some of the same swanky under armour/Nike stuff that other law schools have

dietcoke0

Silver

Post by dietcoke0 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:45 pm

This is a smart school, not a state school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”