University of Arkansas-Fayetteville Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
TruffleMomma

New

University of Arkansas-Fayetteville

Post by TruffleMomma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 am

Rising 2L willing to help prospective students- if you have questions or concerns, I will do my best to answer them. I will monitor the thread daily through the end of June, possibly longer. I am not employed by UA, I am not a representative asked to do this by UA. I am just a student who went through this last year and happen to be opinionated enough to be honest about my experience.

If there is something outside my realm of knowledge, I am willing to find out the answer for you if you would like. I am taking summer classes and happen to be at the school daily anyhow. I definitely don't mind knocking on a door or asking a question for you...

I am non-traditional, minority, from out of state, and did not get the tour before showing up to attend orientation week. Heck, the morning of orientation I could not park on campus yet! I think it was September before I found out the Union had food. ha ha!

Let me know if I can help out. UA is a wonderful school, but not imposing on new students.. so if you don't like to ask questions, you probably won't find many answers!

boomer22

New

Re: University of Arkansas-Fayetteville

Post by boomer22 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 am

Hey, I'm from Fayetteville. Most of my family lives in Tulsa, and that is strangely where I would enjoy working. How do you think the University of Arkansas places there if you had to guess?

I also know that NWA if FULL of lawyers and perhaps too many. Are you finding that to be a problem for students trying to find jobs up here. Thanks!

TruffleMomma

New

Re: University of Arkansas-Fayetteville

Post by TruffleMomma » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Plenty of our 3L's are headed to jobs in Oklahoma! Of course Fayetteville proper is saturated with attorneys, but thankfully an education at a well-ranked school won't hurt anyone looking elsewhere. That saturation is also a welcome thing when it comes to getting summer positions. Many of the rising 2 and 3 L's this year went to Little Rock, but many went to D.C. and other locations. Ultimately, you are going to get YOU into the door. UArk has a very dedicated career placement staff and many of the faculty are from other states and areas. That helps as well!

I came from Atlanta and chose Fayetteville to Chicago. I am not yet sorry for that choice!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”