University of Minnesota Law School Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
pansoti

New

Re: University of Minnesota Law School

Post by pansoti » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm

What were the books used for 1L fall semester? I'd like to start looking for bargains cause they all seem so expensive. I understand we have to take Torts, Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, and Legal Research and Writing. I know different professors use different books, but could you give me whichever ones you know of?

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:51 pm

pansoti wrote:What were the books used for 1L fall semester? I'd like to start looking for bargains cause they all seem so expensive. I understand we have to take Torts, Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, and Legal Research and Writing. I know different professors use different books, but could you give me whichever ones you know of?
You should wait until you find out what professors you'll have. I don't believe any of the 1L classes use the same books. If you're interested in saving money, you could go to the WLSA bookroom during orientation -- they sell used books for cheap, along with supplements.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:57 pm

jayn3 wrote:
pansoti wrote:What were the books used for 1L fall semester? I'd like to start looking for bargains cause they all seem so expensive. I understand we have to take Torts, Civil Procedure, Contracts, Criminal Law, and Legal Research and Writing. I know different professors use different books, but could you give me whichever ones you know of?
You should wait until you find out what professors you'll have. I don't believe any of the 1L classes use the same books. If you're interested in saving money, you could go to the WLSA bookroom during orientation -- they sell used books for cheap, along with supplements.
Well hey there, Necro. I'm sure your 9 month late reply was helpful to the person who asked the question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”