California, TX, CO, or new york? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
tke12

New

California, TX, CO, or new york?

Post by tke12 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey guys, im trying to decide between a few schools..Chapman (which i was given a scholarship), San Francisco, South texas (scholarship), Colorado (Denver), or Cardozo- which i am still on the wait list for and does not really factor into this conversation. Obviously if I get into Cardozo it will change the decision a lot. Anyways, Im about to graduate from UT in Austin, TX and grew up in Houston. I know the other schools are better than South Texas but I have heard some decent things regarding the school.. I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinion on the schools in terms of quality of education and life in the particular cities?? Thanks in advance!

merichard87

Silver

Re: California, TX, CO, or new york?

Post by merichard87 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

All of those schools are regional. Pick the region you want to be in. I'm from Houston also and I would go with STCL simply because since you probably already have a support system there. (it will probably also save on COL since you can move back home?)

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Mon May 10, 2010 1:33 pm

merichard87 wrote:All of those schools are regional. Pick the region you want to be in. I'm from Houston also and I would go with STCL simply because since you probably already have a support system there. (it will probably also save on COL since you can move back home?)
+1, Houston loves STCL.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Grad_Student wrote:
merichard87 wrote:All of those schools are regional. Pick the region you want to be in. I'm from Houston also and I would go with STCL simply because since you probably already have a support system there. (it will probably also save on COL since you can move back home?)
+1, Houston loves STCL.
Yeah, looks like the best choice to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”