0L: Brooklyn's Summer Legal Process Course

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
goosey

0L: Brooklyn's Summer Legal Process Course

Postby goosey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Has anyone taken this course prior to the start of 1L? Its a two credit course and they don't charge extra for it--they said it can lighten up one semesters course load after 1L because it can be applied towards grad requirements

Just wondering if this is worth it---also, the course is graded and I am assuming it will factor into my gpa.

Is this a risky proposition? Is it a waste of my summer? Will it be beneficial?

Captain Jack

Re: 0L: Brooklyn's Summer Legal Process Course

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am

It is of my sincerest belief that any course that is free of charge and will lighten your course load in law school will certainly be beneficial to you, assuming you would want to attend Brooklyn Law School. Granted, the courses are graded but at least you won't be having the workload of the 1L curriculum (it's only one course) and you could start off 1L with very high GPA, assuming that you do well in the course. I say go for it if you like BLS.

Hypo, Esq.

Postby Hypo, Esq. » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 am

Good intro into the law school. Also gives you an opportunity to see if you like going to law school, but they don't make it very hard to it is really hard to gauge and compare to 15 credit semester.
Not really free - they charge you pretty much by semester, i think so it all evens out in the end. I think they only offer it to those who got their bachelors more than 10 years ago. But consider your next three years of misery and think of the last summer in a long while that you could have fun and enjoy.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:41 pm

goosey wrote:Has anyone taken this course prior to the start of 1L? Its a two credit course and they don't charge extra for it--they said it can lighten up one semesters course load after 1L because it can be applied towards grad requirements

Just wondering if this is worth it---also, the course is graded and I am assuming it will factor into my gpa.

It might be an annoying way to spend the summer, but you'll be real happy with yourself as a second semester 3L when you're taking 10 credits.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm

johnnyutah wrote:
goosey wrote:Has anyone taken this course prior to the start of 1L? Its a two credit course and they don't charge extra for it--they said it can lighten up one semesters course load after 1L because it can be applied towards grad requirements

It might be an annoying way to spend the summer, but you'll be real happy with yourself as a second semester 3L when you're taking 10 credits.

answering my own question: know someone who did this, person did not seem any more prepared than the rest of us. read getting to maybe and you are good to go.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”