Chicago 2L Takings ?s

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 am

Here I go again on my own . . . .
Last edited by Mr. T6 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby prezidentv8 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 am

Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Perhaps I should have limited the scope of the questions to my law school.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby prezidentv8 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 am

Mr. T6 wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Perhaps I should have limited the scope of the questions to my law school.


Sadaharu Oh!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 13278
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Dany » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 am

Shouldn't that be Mr. T5? :)

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:35 am

eskimo wrote:Shouldn't that be Mr. T5? :)


You're very observant.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby dakatz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds is a fraud and doesn't count

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby tintin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am

is it as nerdy as it seemed?

do people have fun?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am

dakatz wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds is a fraud and doesn't count


Why do my Chicago threads always morph into steroid flame wars? :(

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby prezidentv8 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:42 am

Mr. T6 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds is a fraud and doesn't count


Why is it that my Chicago threads always morph into steroid flame wars? :(


I told you! SADAHARU OH!

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:42 am

tintin wrote:is it as nerdy as it seemed?

do people have fun?


1. No.

2. Depends on your definition of "fun."

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 3108
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby prezidentv8 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 am

Mr. T6 wrote:2. Depends on your definition of "fun."


MC<MU?

xyzzzzzzzz
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:44 am

..
Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:thoughts on library?

is it really that much better than Northwestern?


1. I'm rarely there, except when I watch NFL games on the 4th floor. Go Bengals!

2. I have no idea. FWIW, I have a job.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby hiromoto45 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 am

1. how many people pursue clerkships obtain them?
2. How are people fairing with employment that are below the median/bottom of the class?
3. What is the difference between people who are above the median and those below it?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:52 am

hiromoto45 wrote:1. how many people pursue clerkships obtain them?
2. How are people fairing with employment that are below the median/bottom of the class?
3. What is the difference between people who are above the median and those below it?


1. There are clerkships talks/a manual in the spring of your 2L year. You go through OSCAR. Honestly, this process is not very interesting.

2. Depends on personality/effort/luck/market to which you applied. I know that's the answer nobody wants to hear, but, alas, such is life.

3. Not sure what you mean.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby hiromoto45 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 am

Mr. T6 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:1. how many people pursue clerkships obtain them?
2. How are people fairing with employment that are below the median/bottom of the class?
3. What is the difference between people who are above the median and those below it?


1. There are clerkships talks/a manual in the spring of your 2L year. You go through OSCAR. Honestly, this process is not very interesting.

2. Depends on personality/effort/luck/market to which you applied. I know that's the answer nobody wants to hear, but, alas, such is life.

3. Not sure what you mean.



3. I meant do people have different attitudes towards school that cause them to be at the top or bottom. Or is just a matter of preparation and performance on exams.

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:56 am

hiromoto45 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:1. how many people pursue clerkships obtain them?
2. How are people fairing with employment that are below the median/bottom of the class?
3. What is the difference between people who are above the median and those below it?


1. There are clerkships talks/a manual in the spring of your 2L year. You go through OSCAR. Honestly, this process is not very interesting.

2. Depends on personality/effort/luck/market to which you applied. I know that's the answer nobody wants to hear, but, alas, such is life.

3. Not sure what you mean.



3. I meant do people have different attitudes towards school that cause them to be at the top or bottom. Or is just a matter of preparation and performance on exams.


It takes all kinds to make a curve. Some don't care. Some effortlessly infuse issue spotters with their brilliance. Others don't "get" law school. One guy wrote slowly and couldn't get to every issue.

User avatar
TUP
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby TUP » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 am

dakatz wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:Here I go again on my own . . . .


Ummm....Who holds the career home run record?


Hank Aaron. Barry Bonds is a fraud and doesn't count


Being an amphetamine fiend doesn't make you a fraud? The Babe never left home without a corked bat, and the say hey kid was a fiend for greenies just like hammerin hank. Maybe Griffey is TCR.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby hiromoto45 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:02 am

1. Did you live in regents? If so what did you like least about regents?
2. Are there any other high-risers that face the lake that are affordable for students?
3. Or would you recommend living in UC grad housing?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:04 am

hiromoto45 wrote:1. Did you live in regents? If so what did you like least about regents?
2. Are there any other high-risers that face the lake that are affordable for students?
3. Or would you recommend living in UC grad housing?


1. I lived in Regents last summer. I liked everything about it except for the price.

2. I think so. A good friend of mine lived in one. But I don't know anything about it.

3. Yeah. It's affordable (usually $700 for a studio, including utilities but no internet), and you can break the lease at any time, for any reason.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby tintin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:06 am

are profs accessible? how many hours a day do you study (during normal periods and during exams?) how would you characterize the student body as a whole?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 am

tintin wrote:are profs accessible? how many hours a day do you study (during normal periods and during exams?) how would you characterize the student body as a whole?


1. Depends on the prof. Most are fairly accessible. A few make themselves more scarce.

2. Determined. To do what? This is the real question.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby tintin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 am

Mr. T6 wrote:
tintin wrote:are profs accessible? how many hours a day do you study (during normal periods and during exams?) how would you characterize the student body as a whole?


1. Depends on the prof. Most are fairly accessible. A few make themselves more scarce.

2. Determined. To do what? This is the real question.


competitive?

User avatar
Mr. T6
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Extremely Bored Chicago 2L Takings ?s

Postby Mr. T6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 am

tintin wrote:
Mr. T6 wrote:
tintin wrote:are profs accessible? how many hours a day do you study (during normal periods and during exams?) how would you characterize the student body as a whole?


1. Depends on the prof. Most are fairly accessible. A few make themselves more scarce.

2. Determined. To do what? This is the real question.


competitive?


Not really.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests