Current 1Ls what are you doing differently?

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
hubtubrub

Current 1Ls what are you doing differently?

Postby hubtubrub » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:18 pm

I know that there are a ton of these old threads... but I wanted to get a perspective of what you have done differently second semester and what regrets did you have first semester that current 0Ls should not do?

Thanks!

Cavalier

Re: Current 1Ls what are you doing differently?

Postby Cavalier » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm only showering once every three days now, so I can have more time to study.

Esc

Postby Esc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:28 pm

hubtubrub wrote:I know that there are a ton of these old threads... but I wanted to get a perspective of what you have done differently second semester and what regrets did you have first semester that current 0Ls should not do?

Thanks!

Outline earlier. Review more. Memorize more. Disregard supplements except where absolutely necessary to understanding a concept.

More coffee, less fun.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Trying to panic less and maintain a better study/life balance. I actually worried more than I studied last semester, and that is saying something. Between the two, there was no time for anything else.

This time around, I'm making time for my friends and the people I love. I did karaoke last night. I'm still reading a ton, and I plan to double my number of practice tests, but I learned a painful lesson last semester and I won't ever make that mistake again. I'm making time for fun!

mnolen

Postby mnolen » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm

the opposite of Esc.

Use supplements a lot, and work as efficiently as possible so that I get lots of rest and leisure time. Not spending lots of time in the library.. I spend lots of time with my boyfriend instead. I waited longer to outline and to freak out. Basically I was just easier on myself, because I spent way too much time worrying and stressing last semester and not actually being productive. We'll see how it pans out.

prophecybysnakes

Postby prophecybysnakes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Being prepared for class is important for the first three months. Bu now I'm skimming the reading (I will get to oulining it in a few days) and outlining and memorizing...I didn't start preparing for exams soon enough last semester...so this is my solution...I'm doing more practice problems, memorizing more law, and really concentrating on my four credit class (and kinda half-assing my 2 credit class)

RaneLocke

Postby RaneLocke » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I've been skimming reading. Started outlining a lot earlier. Using outlines specifically tailored to class/professor preferences. I should be done with my outlines with time for nothing but hypos/practice exams with at least a week left before every exam. But this is just what has been working for me. Also, more checklists, less rote memorization (except for Contracts).

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”