Miami 1L taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Strictly Bum

New

Re: Miami 1L taking questions

Post by Strictly Bum » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Are the people as unfriendly and clicky as in undergrad?

overyourhead

New

Post by overyourhead » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 pm

90% I'm going here in August.

Question re: commuting-- At what point does a commute become unfeasible? The place I'm considering moving to in January w/ my partner is in Fort Lauderdale. Google says it a 45 min drive / 37 mile drive. Not crazy about that. How bad would traffic be in the morning? Is that distance pushing it?

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

overyourhead wrote:90% I'm going here in August.

Question re: commuting-- At what point does a commute become unfeasible? The place I'm considering moving to in January w/ my partner is in Fort Lauderdale. Google says it a 45 min drive / 37 mile drive. Not crazy about that. How bad would traffic be in the morning? Is that distance pushing it?
I'm an undergrad at Miami now, and traffic is bad mornings and night - especially on US1. I think it depends on how early you mind waking up.

Wayne Shorter

New

Post by Wayne Shorter » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 am

overyourhead wrote:90% I'm going here in August.

I grew up in Miami and I'll tell ya if you can you'd best avoid living Broward County if you're going to UM. The rush hour traffic is abysmal down both US1 and I-95.

overyourhead

New

Post by overyourhead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks, guys. I'd much rather live in Brickell. I'm not keen on driving 70+ miles a day to get to & from school, however my partner refuses to live any further south. (We're in Palm Beach County.) Looks like we'll be living apart! :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm about 95% sure I will be here next year! very exciting I am getting a place in gables most likely and just paying the price for safety and close proximity to the campus.

kfw89law

New

Post by kfw89law » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:51 am

leefair123 wrote:I'm about 95% sure I will be here next year! very exciting I am getting a place in gables most likely and just paying the price for safety and close proximity to the campus.

I'm 95% positive as well! I have no idea where I'll be living yet but I'm thinking either coral gables or brickell.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”