University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lmcelhat

New

Re: University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law

Post by lmcelhat » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:24 pm

huh..sounded like you were going to usd when we talked. dissociative disorder?

lmcelhat

New

Post by lmcelhat » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:27 pm

travvo wrote:Yeah, i feel like stress coping techniques are going to be vital particularly in the first year. Beer and mountains have always worked for me. We'll have to get some sort of weekly or bi-weekly day away from it all (if this can be spared) put together.

Watch out for this person named CalSwimToMe he puts fronts up under various different aliases and plays them off each other in trying to get information from you (he kept pming me for a while today fronting as 2 friends from high school, 1 who wasn't going to go to mcgeorge and one who was). Very odd.

thats crazy! he totally did the same with me! im sucha sucker.

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 am

You guys aren't suckers. You are just really nice people who are willing to hear people out and don't have any reason to think they are phony.

travvo

New

Post by travvo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 am

Last edited by travvo on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antsinmypants

New

Post by antsinmypants » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Meh. I'd cut him a little slack. Committing $35k a year for three years is quite nerve-racking. It's good to make sure it'll be a wise investment.

On the other hand, deceiving your future classmates and collecting all their academic data under a false pretense is not a good way to make a first impression, francobobfranco/calswimtome. If you're worried about making the right decision to attend McGeorge then do a bit more reading on the school. There's plenty enough data out there that should make you more confident in your decision. If you're trying to size up your competition then you might not want to do something so obvious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Katdaddy

New

Post by Katdaddy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:17 pm

antsinmypants wrote:Meh. I'd cut him a little slack. Committing $35k a year for three years is quite nerve-racking. It's good to make sure it'll be a wise investment.

On the other hand, deceiving your future classmates and collecting all their academic data under a false pretense is not a good way to make a first impression, francobobfranco/calswimtome. If you're worried about making the right decision to attend McGeorge then do a bit more reading on the school. There's plenty enough data out there that should make you more confident in your decision. If you're trying to size up your competition then you might not want to do something so obvious.
Agreed!

travvo

New

Post by travvo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Yeah man. No need to be all covert and all. I'll give you honest answers as long as you are honest and respectful to start with.

francobobfranco

New

Post by francobobfranco » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Yeah, this hasn't been the best decision I've made. I never thought I would actually be meeting you guys in person or that I would be going to McGeorge. Once I had decided, it was kind of tough to clean up the mess and start fresh. I'm not trying to make an excuse and this was a poor decision. I appreciate your guys' honest input.

antsinmypants

New

Post by antsinmypants » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm

francobobfranco wrote:Yeah, this hasn't been the best decision I've made. I never thought I would actually be meeting you guys in person or that I would be going to McGeorge. Once I had decided, it was kind of tough to clean up the mess and start fresh. I'm not trying to make an excuse and this was a poor decision. I appreciate your guys' honest input.
You've made good. You could have gone into school flying under the radar not letting anyone know who you were.

Anyway don't fret! You've made a great decision, and from what I can tell so far all the 0L's I've met on here and Facebook are awesome. I think we're going to have a great class! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Herbellis

New

Post by Herbellis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah, this hasn't been the best decision I've made. I never thought I would actually be meeting you guys in person or that I would be going to McGeorge. Once I had decided, it was kind of tough to clean up the mess and start fresh. I'm not trying to make an excuse and this was a poor decision. I appreciate your guys' honest input.

Let's get this guy back by getting him really really drunk and then not hold his hair out his face as pukes all over the place. Some would call that a good time though. Oh well.

travvo

New

Post by travvo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:57 pm

i think this is the best idea yet.

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm still wary. I wanna know why he did it in the first place.

niners49

New

Post by niners49 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:10 pm

seriously... i want to know why he had to slam other schools (scu, loyola, pep) while glorifying UoP.

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY HE HAD TO RIP EVERYONE WHO GOES TO A CSU. those comments were pretty stupid...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

antsinmypants

New

Post by antsinmypants » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 pm

niners49 wrote:seriously... i want to know why he had to slam other schools (scu, loyola, pep) while glorifying UoP.

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY HE HAD TO RIP EVERYONE WHO GOES TO A CSU. those comments were pretty stupid...
Hhrm. I missed those posts. Regardless, keep things in perspective. This is just an online forum... nothing more than an exchange of ideas. It's not like anything that goes on here really matters in the long run. 8)

niners49

New

Post by niners49 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

very true. but if he was going to be your classmate, then you would know how he views your accolades and what he thinks of your intelligence if you went to a csu (which i did)

Katdaddy

New

Post by Katdaddy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:39 pm

In calswimtome/wiseitnow/francobobfranco defense, it's easy to succumb to the prestige BS that goes with applying to LS, especially on a forum called Top Law Schools! Hell, I went from McGeorge being my #1 choice to my #6 choice in a matter of weeks because I believed the hype! All in all, I am happy with my choice. Everyone is going to have opinion re the school you chose; just make sure your secure in your choice.

travvo

New

Post by travvo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm a little bit more creeped out than anything, to be honest. I mean sure, its online and therefore all that goes on here is 95% meaningless. I will say; It's an odd feeling, in the midst of incurring all this risk (debt) to be manipulated by two "personas" (albeit not very effectively) into giving views and even trying to get me to post something on his behalf (it was pure garbage so I didn't post it). It is disrespectful to say the least, and at most it gives me pause about starting at McGeorge. That is the biggest issue, as it casts the school (and our future classmates) in a poor light.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

niners49

New

Post by niners49 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:44 pm

travvo wrote:I'm a little bit more creeped out than anything, to be honest. I mean sure, its online and therefore all that goes on here is 95% meaningless. I will say; It's an odd feeling, in the midst of incurring all this risk (debt) to be manipulated by two "personas" (albeit not very effectively) into giving views and even trying to get me to post something on his behalf (it was pure garbage so I didn't post it). It is disrespectful to say the least, and at most it gives me pause about starting at McGeorge. That is the biggest issue, as it casts the school (and our future classmates) in a poor light.
titcr

francobobfranco

New

Post by francobobfranco » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Look, I said a lot things. I didn't mean most of anything. I personally have a friend going from a CSU to one of the best med schools in the country. I did not respect this forum as if it were a serious place since I saw so many people calling schools toilets and such. I do not actually have these opinions. I don't think Uop is necessarily better than santa clara, loyola, usd. I was just messing around on a site I didn't take seriously while still trying to gather some information. I regret this and I'm not sure what else I can say about it.

travvo

New

Post by travvo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Its not like we're going to know who you are when we start anyways so don't worry about it. Just realize that this kind of sketchy maneuvering will not be appreciated next year.

antsinmypants

New

Post by antsinmypants » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Chalk this up to an unpleasant learning experience. At least we don't have to go to school with that ass-clown Kevsocko... he's the sort of person that would tear pages out of books in the library. Sucks to be UC Hastings Class of '11.
Last edited by antsinmypants on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 pm

LOL at kevsocko reference.
the csu bashing came in the Santa Clara class of 2011 thread. (page 2)
and franco/swimtome whatever...i was pretty pissed that you pretty much infiltrated our class thread to bash our school then say that people who come out of CSU's are sub-par.

i absolutely think mcgeorge is a fantastic school and my decision was between those 2 schools. i feel like franco did more to hurt mcgeorge than to help it.

and katdaddy, its okay that we care about the rankings, but that doesn't mean we bash all other schools except our own. if a yale person was like, well yale is better than all of y'all! we would probably agree. I just thought the rest of us (non-T14) were above that. Clearly I was wrong.

niners49

New

Post by niners49 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:45 pm

sjkarlina wrote:LOL at kevsocko reference.
the csu bashing came in the Santa Clara class of 2011 thread. (page 2)
and franco/swimtome whatever...i was pretty pissed that you pretty much infiltrated our class thread to bash our school then say that people who come out of CSU's are sub-par.

i absolutely think mcgeorge is a fantastic school and my decision was between those 2 schools. i feel like franco did more to hurt mcgeorge than to help it.

and katdaddy, its okay that we care about the rankings, but that doesn't mean we bash all other schools except our own. if a yale person was like, well yale is better than all of y'all! we would probably agree. I just thought the rest of us (non-T14) were above that. Clearly I was wrong.
titcr too

valrp

New

Post by valrp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 pm

francobobfranco wrote: I was just messing around on a site I didn't take seriously while still trying to gather some information. I regret this and I'm not sure what else I can say about it.
I guess this is a lesson learned for you not to hide behind your anonymity. Now, you aren't anonymous anymore and all of us can attribute the previous immaturity to this screen name. It would be hard for me to take anything you say seriously again.

Acting like you did is totally unproductive and silly, I'm not sure why you did it in the first place. Fun?

tequilasunriseplz

New

Post by tequilasunriseplz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:22 pm

This is really random, and sorry to be sort of exclusive, but it is really for the future Pacific McGeorge 1Ls.

I hope this isn't lost in the posts about anon of many names, but I have an extra Yosemite campsite reserved for August 1st. The site holds 2 cars and 6 people, so if you are interested in getting a group together let me know. If you are interested in hiking, Yosemite is the place to be!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”