Villanova v. Temple - Philly Schools

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawschoolapplicant1

Villanova v. Temple - Philly Schools

Postby lawschoolapplicant1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Any thoughts on Villanova vs. Temple? I'm in at both and I'm hoping for an insider's perspective.

Full disclosure: I've been somewhat fixated on Nova for a while, however Temple would be substantially cheaper for me to attend.

What are the important factors that differentiate the two schools - other than cost? Academic quality? Is one more "regional" than the other? Career prospects? Student life?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

MURPH

Re: Villanova v. Temple - Philly Schools

Postby MURPH » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Nova is prettier and in a safer part of town. Pay prospects are similar. I heard Nova is stingy with scholarship money.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm

FWIW, last year, Nova had slightly better placement than Temple for NLJ250 firms. (16.7% to 16.2%) Splitting hairs, though ...

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 2443758843

FCD

Postby FCD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 am

MURPH wrote:Nova is prettier and in a safer part of town. Pay prospects are similar. I heard Nova is stingy with scholarship money.

Nova isn't even in town. It's way out in the suburbs. I have to imagine a twenty-something would rather live somewhere in greater center city, a short subway ride from Temple.

Also, Nova is much more expensive -- especially if you're a PA resident.

twert

Postby twert » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 am

FCD wrote:
MURPH wrote:Nova is prettier and in a safer part of town. Pay prospects are similar. I heard Nova is stingy with scholarship money.

Nova isn't even in town. It's way out in the suburbs. I have to imagine a twenty-something would rather live somewhere in greater center city, a short subway ride from Temple.

Also, Nova is much more expensive -- especially if you're a PA resident.

considering prospects are basically the same...

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”