Boalt's LSAT Median Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Borhas

Platinum

Re: Boalt's LSAT Median

Post by Borhas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:35 pm

jmaan wrote:
Borhas wrote:Please APNS, don't hold back
+1 lol what happned
I'm guessing either his post was deleted, or it collapsed into a black hole of hate
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 pm

xx
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:54 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:if a then b, and if b then c, would a boalttt student honestly know that if a then c?

i think not.
also, shame on everyone for missing this gem.
nice

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Borhas wrote:
jmaan wrote:
Borhas wrote:Please APNS, don't hold back
+1 lol what happned
I'm guessing either his post was deleted, or it collapsed into a black hole of hate
lol i meant it to be funny, but realized it could have actually pissed people off. no hard feelings.
I sent you a pm before reading this (it's not vulgar) no hard feelings :mrgreen:
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Is this just a bunch of people who have a sense of entitlement and are sad that they didn't make the cut at a school known for looking at the "entire package"? If so, I can understand how it would sting a bit more to get rejected for your entire application, and not just for a number - your LSAT score - like at other top law schools.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:I mean, seriously?
Hey Acock, approximately what LSAT score do you think is the equivalent of a 3.2 from a university in the inbred south?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Is this just a bunch of people who have a sense of entitlement and are sad that they didn't make the cut at a school known for looking at the "entire package"? If so, I can understand how it would sting a bit more to get rejected for your entire application, and not just for a number - your LSAT score - like at other top law schools.

i hope that you're actually a boalttt 0l/student so i can mock you for having made the kind egregiously unwarranted assumption that i presume is consistent with your schools lsat median.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Kronk wrote:
Hey Acock, approximately what LSAT score do you think is the equivalent of a 3.2 from a university in the inbred south?
180. you're missing the fact that i did just enough to get me into harvard. i actually had way more fun during undergrad than probably any other t14 0l.

htmfh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Kronk wrote:
180. you're missing the fact that i did just enough to get me into harvard. i actually had way more fun during undergrad than probably any other t14 0l.

htmfh.

I was going to say "just enough to get dinged at CLS," but to each his own. How many tries did it take you to get your "just enough" LSAT again?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Kronk wrote:
Kronk wrote:

htmfh.

I was going to say "just enough to get dinged at CLS," but to each his own. How many tries did it take you to get your "just enough" LSAT again?
irrelevant. lsac says i am a boy genius, you should fall in line.

also, keep getting on my bad side and i won't write you that third letter of recommendation that you've been begging for.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Kronk wrote:
Kronk wrote:

htmfh.

irrelevant. lsac says i am a boy genius, you should fall in line.

also, keep getting on my bad side and i won't write you that third letter of recommendation that you've been begging for.
Under the most liberal definition of Genius you will need a 173-175.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Under the most liberal definition of Genius you will need a 173-175.
Please edit this fast.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Kronk wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Under the most liberal definition of Genius you will need a 173-175.
Please edit this fast.
tsk tsk.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Kronk wrote:
Please edit this fast.
Why?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 pm

You know the kid's LSAT score, right?

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Is this just a bunch of people who have a sense of entitlement and are sad that they didn't make the cut at a school known for looking at the "entire package"? If so, I can understand how it would sting a bit more to get rejected for your entire application, and not just for a number - your LSAT score - like at other top law schools.
haha...i cant talk much cause im a 0L and shes a 1L and I defer wisdom to ppl with experience...i just know that a test score means a lot imo...and i hate the UC system so CAL wasn't exactly a choice for me

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 pm

jmaan wrote:
haha...i cant talk much cause im a 0L and shes a 1L and I defer wisdom to ppl with experience...i just know that a test score means a lot imo...and i hate the UC system so CAL wasn't exactly a choice for me
tbf, this thread is a total flame. there are obviously brilliant, brilliant kids at berkeley.

but even in jest, there is probably some truth. there are costs and benefits associated with every decision, and them trying to become more holistic in my view is going to mean a class that is on average objectively less capable as far as just raw logical and analytical skills.

but i mean c'mon, take everything with a grain of salt.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Kronk wrote:You know the kid's LSAT score, right?
I hope its 172.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
I hope its 172.
so brooks lsat = mine? this takes the "all blacks look the same" shtick to another level brosef.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:05 pm

172 is his average. So you're close there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
I hope its 172.
so brooks lsat = mine? this takes the "all blacks look the same" shtick to another level brosef.
Haha. All blacks get 172's should be a meme on TLS.

Morrissey'sGhost

New

Post by Morrissey'sGhost » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm

There are three reasons that a given individual may do better than another on the LSAT : (1) he really has better logical/analytical skills (2) he has better nerves and doesn't stress as much on test day and (3) he studies his ass off far more than his competitor

I love how everyone completely neglect (2) and ESPECIALLY (3) in their discussions on these boards. How do you know how long the 172 studied compared to the 169? I have a hunch that there's a good deal of Trolls on here who holed themselves up for 5 months, shunned the daylight, pounded away for hours a day at this one test, hit 172, and now have the arrogance to come on here and pronounce their unquestionable intellectual superiority over those in the 169 camp, many of whom studied for one half or less the time.

I think Berkeley's admission policy takes these factors into account. They realize that there is no real way to distinguish between the true geniouses who ace the LSAT with minimal prep and those who dedicate decades of their life to studying for this one test, who then try to pass of their work ethic as pristine intellect. Berkeley realizes that due to these totally unobservable discrepencies in prep time, the 169 with good grades, a compelling personality( as indicated by their personal statement), and substantive extracurricular/professional activities may very well be, ON AVERAGE, just as, if not more, intelligent than the 173 without those additional factors.

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
I hope its 172.
Haha. All blacks get 172's should be a meme on TLS.
LSAC affirmative action

r2b2ct

Bronze

Post by r2b2ct » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 am

Morrissey'sGhost wrote:There are three reasons that a given individual may do better than another on the LSAT : (1) he really has better logical/analytical skills (2) he has better nerves and doesn't stress as much on test day and (3) he studies his ass off far more than his competitor

I love how everyone completely neglect (2) and ESPECIALLY (3) in their discussions on these boards. How do you know how long the 172 studied compared to the 169? I have a hunch that there's a good deal of Trolls on here who holed themselves up for 5 months, shunned the daylight, pounded away for hours a day at this one test, hit 172, and now have the arrogance to come on here and pronounce their unquestionable intellectual superiority over those in the 169 camp, many of whom studied for one half or less the time.

I think Berkeley's admission policy takes these factors into account. They realize that there is no real way to distinguish between the true geniouses who ace the LSAT with minimal prep and those who dedicate decades of their life to studying for this one test, who then try to pass of their work ethic as pristine intellect. Berkeley realizes that due to these totally unobservable discrepencies in prep time, the 169 with good grades, a compelling personality( as indicated by their personal statement), and substantive extracurricular/professional activities may very well be, ON AVERAGE, just as, if not more, intelligent than the 173 without those additional factors.
I feel you bro. I also hate it when people neglect those who choose to study minimally in UG. I mean come on, how do you know how long the 3.9 studied compared to the 3.1?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”