any john marshal atl grads? how was your job search

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
gandhi10

any john marshal atl grads? how was your job search

Postby gandhi10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Thinking about applying to jm, but its been difficult finding any employment facts. Are there any grads or future grads that would like to share their experience finding a job or salary figures?

sporkdevil

Re: any john marshal atl grads? how was your job search

Postby sporkdevil » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

I know they were still on temporary accreditation (or whatever it's called) a few months back. So they are still pretty new. So there probably aren't really any job statistics. Plus it's a 4th tier temporarily accredited law school, so I would assume a blood bath would be more pleasant than their job search.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 pm

I worked with a JM grad at a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio last winter who was studying to take the bar. She went PT and graduated in the top 10% of her class. She had a job lined up in Atlanta for after she took the bar and was just living in Columbus to save money on rent while she studied. I don't know the size of the firm but I know she worked there as a paralegal while getting her degree. So, there is at least 1 recent grad who had a job. This is all I got on JM, hope it helps.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:11 pm

JPU wrote:I worked with a JM grad at a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio last winter who was studying to take the bar. She went PT and graduated in the top 10% of her class. She had a job lined up in Atlanta for after she took the bar and was just living in Columbus to save money on rent while she studied. I don't know the size of the firm but I know she worked there as a paralegal while getting her degree. So, there is at least 1 recent grad who had a job. This is all I got on JM, hope it helps.

What part of town? I am very plugged into the restaurant scene in c-bus. lemme see if i can guess the place

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm

I would try not to go here. Barely accredited is probably not a good option.

gandhi10

Postby gandhi10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 am

As of December 09, jm has been accredited. and i forgot to mention that im asking about jmls in atlanta

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”