University of Utah 1L Taking Questions!

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bsm909

Re: University of Utah 1L Taking Questions!

Postby bsm909 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you for taking time to do that. I'm sure if I get accepted I'll have a lot of other questions!

Thank you again.

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 am

I was wondering if any of the students or anyone who has visited could possibly post some pics of the school. Utah seems to keep these top secret lol. The prospectus for the U has few and online pickings are slim as well.

If I get get accepted and visit I will do this for sure.

Pink

Postby Pink » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 pm

boilerup89 wrote:I was wondering if any of the students or anyone who has visited could possibly post some pics of the school. Utah seems to keep these top secret lol. The prospectus for the U has few and online pickings are slim as well.

Really? I'll see what I can find. I work a couple blocks from the U so I can go take pics if no one else has any/does. What specifically do you want pics of? Campus in general? The law school?

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Pink wrote:
boilerup89 wrote:I was wondering if any of the students or anyone who has visited could possibly post some pics of the school. Utah seems to keep these top secret lol. The prospectus for the U has few and online pickings are slim as well.

Really? I'll see what I can find. I work a couple blocks from the U so I can go take pics if no one else has any/does. What specifically do you want pics of? Campus in general? The law school?

Anything the school, the campus, whatever you feel. Post them on the pictures thread on the law school visits board. They're trying to compile a collection for all the schools.

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

boilerup89 wrote:
Pink wrote:

Anything the school, the campus, whatever you feel. Post them on the pictures thread on the law school visits board. They're trying to compile a collection for all the schools.

I'm a UG at Utah, so I'll try to walk over there after work and get some pics as well. From what I've seen, Quinney's building resembles all the other circa 1960-1970's buildings on campus (boring, brick boxes). Apparently they're breaking ground on a new building in 2013, so right in time for this cycle of applicants to graduate.

Utah's campus in general is great though, and there has been a large influx of new building projects which are bringing up-to-date all those before mentioned 1960's facilities. Plus, the surrounding scenery makes up (though not entirely) for Quinney's dated building. I think a lot of out-of-state applicants don't realize just how close the city is to the Wasatch Mountains (over 11,000 ft peaks). Hands down, being 25 minutes away from awesome skiing has been one of the best things about my UG experience.

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 am

How long did it take for you to receive an acceptance letter?

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Some pics are up on the pictures thread in "Talk about Law Schools..." board.

shillim

Postby shillim » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am

There is a very good reason that you won't find many pictures of the physical law school, it's not that pretty. A new building is in the works and those in the upcoming cycle will likely benefit from the prestige and convenience of the new facilities.

In the meantime, come to Utah Law for our great professors and friendly colleagues (which is what law school is all about).

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Can anyone relate any information on scholarship negotiation? I am preparing to get my info and I am sure I will need to counter. Any experience?

lalala21

Postby lalala21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 am

Hey. I was wondering if any current students could talk a little bit about the social life. I am sold on the school... but being a 22 and right out of college.... I want to know there are going to be people I can be friends with and hangout with. I love having older friends, but at ASD it seemed like everyone met was older and married..... ek. I am so far away from that right now and I am just afraid of moving to a new place and having no one I can really relate to .... this is not because I go out all the time or anything... far from it... but I want to be young while I am young.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”