University of Miami Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
Young Marino

Silver

Re: University of Miami Class of 2017

Post by Young Marino » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:31 pm

MisterGabriel wrote:Were you sitting next to your father? If so, I was sitting one row down to your right. Right on top of the bald guy gunning the hell out of that mock class. :lol:
Lol no I was with my fiance but yeah that bald guy... Gunning the hell out of it I couldn't help but think "dude. Chill."

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

foundingfather wrote:
MisterGabriel wrote:Were you sitting next to your father? If so, I was sitting one row down to your right. Right on top of the bald guy gunning the hell out of that mock class. :lol:
I went solo. The bald guy was pretty funny, but I remember some kid in a vest or something trying to sound like he was already valedictorian.
Yea introducing himself and thanking the dean for her time like duh dude it's her f'in jahhbb

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:39 pm

crisgcia wrote:I was really impressed by ASW, particularly the extensive involvement of UM in getting their graduates jobs. Right now it's my #1 choice just because of how it places locally vs. other schools.

And vest guy's gonna have some real problems making friends if he keeps up that attitude.
This... I actually approached some of the alumni working in my desired field of law after the lunch reception and they were happy to talk to me and give tips on the type of courses to take during 2L and 3L as well as how to approach getting a job in their office. They were also happy to give business cards and said to email them with any further questions which I thought was really impressive. It seems like the alumni are all about hiring UM grads

And sorry for the three separate response quotes. Can't copy and paste off of my phone

foundingfather

Silver

Post by foundingfather » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Young Marino wrote:
crisgcia wrote:I was really impressed by ASW, particularly the extensive involvement of UM in getting their graduates jobs. Right now it's my #1 choice just because of how it places locally vs. other schools.

And vest guy's gonna have some real problems making friends if he keeps up that attitude.
This... I actually approached some of the alumni working in my desired field of law after the lunch reception and they were happy to talk to me and give tips on the type of courses to take during 2L and 3L as well as how to approach getting a job in their office. They were also happy to give business cards and said to email them with any further questions which I thought was really impressive. It seems like the alumni are all about hiring UM grads

And sorry for the three separate response quotes. Can't copy and paste off of my phone
I got some pretty solid advice at the luncheon. At least I think so...

Mr.Esquire

New

Post by Mr.Esquire » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:42 pm

who all has gotten their scholarship offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knp

New

Post by Knp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Haven't heard back from Miami yet and my file has been complete for what seems like forever. My status date changed today to 3/25/2014 but still doesn't display a decision. There are seat deposit listings in the fees section though, does this mean i am in?? Hopefully?

crisgcia

New

Post by crisgcia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Knp wrote:Haven't heard back from Miami yet and my file has been complete for what seems like forever. My status date changed today to 3/25/2014 but still doesn't display a decision. There are seat deposit listings in the fees section though, does this mean i am in?? Hopefully?
When did you sent the application?

foundingfather

Silver

Post by foundingfather » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:08 am

Knp wrote:Haven't heard back from Miami yet and my file has been complete for what seems like forever. My status date changed today to 3/25/2014 but still doesn't display a decision. There are seat deposit listings in the fees section though, does this mean i am in?? Hopefully?
I would maybe give them a call. Admit office was helpful, at least to me.

Knp

New

Post by Knp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 am

crisgcia wrote:
When did you sent the application?

Mid-Late February

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 am

Good to know crisgcia. Are you from Florida?

crisgcia

New

Post by crisgcia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 am

dsamuels wrote:Good to know crisgcia. Are you from Florida?
Yep. Born and raised.

MisterGabriel

New

Post by MisterGabriel » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Just received a $20k/yr scholarship offer from UM... This may seal the deal.

Anyone receiving scholarships concerned with the stipulations for retaining them? I've heard maintaining your scholarship can prove quite difficult.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Here at Mercer's admitted students day event. Had I been interested in practicing in Georgia, Mercer wouldn't be a bad pick. However, I'm not so it's all about the U at this point

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dsamuels

Bronze

Post by dsamuels » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm still waiting for my financial package. I will let you know what mine says when i get it MisterGabriel, but hell yes I'm concerned

MisterGabriel

New

Post by MisterGabriel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:13 pm

dsamuels wrote:I'm still waiting for my financial package. I will let you know what mine says when i get it MisterGabriel, but hell yes I'm concerned
Does UM give financial aid grants? If so, what is the cap?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Seat Deposit paid! I'll see y'all in August. It's all about the []_[] !!!!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”