Chicago Law Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Samsing » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Had a few things fall in place. Count me in!

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Mon May 05, 2014 3:14 pm

Anyone gotten ASW reimbursement yet?

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Wed May 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Is anyone else planning to live in Shoreland? I know a few people mentioned that they were thinking about it earlier ITT.

bball1996
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby bball1996 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:31 pm

applelover wrote:Is anyone else planning to live in Shoreland? I know a few people mentioned that they were thinking about it earlier ITT.


I am planning on it.

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby UnicornHunter » Wed May 07, 2014 5:38 pm

bball1996 wrote:
applelover wrote:Is anyone else planning to live in Shoreland? I know a few people mentioned that they were thinking about it earlier ITT.


I am planning on it.


+1

Canof09
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:43 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Canof09 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 pm

TheUnicornHunter wrote:
bball1996 wrote:
applelover wrote:Is anyone else planning to live in Shoreland? I know a few people mentioned that they were thinking about it earlier ITT.


I am planning on it.


+1


I'll be there as well. Worth every penny of the extra cost for the in-unit washing machine.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Canof09 wrote:
TheUnicornHunter wrote:
bball1996 wrote:
applelover wrote:Is anyone else planning to live in Shoreland? I know a few people mentioned that they were thinking about it earlier ITT.


I am planning on it.


+1


I'll be there as well. Worth every penny of the extra cost for the in-unit washing machine.


I agree and it's nice being the first one to occupy an apartment.

bball1996
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby bball1996 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Is anyone else planning on moving into Hyde Park relatively early? My lease is up on the North side at the end of July, so I'll be moving down south a week or two before then. I'll probably be travelling/doing something fun for several weeks in August, but if anyone else is around we should organize a meet-up.

UChicago2017
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby UChicago2017 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

edit
Last edited by UChicago2017 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm

bball1996 wrote:Is anyone else planning on moving into Hyde Park relatively early? My lease is up on the North side at the end of July, so I'll be moving down south a week or two before then. I'll probably be travelling/doing something fun for several weeks in August, but if anyone else is around we should organize a meet-up.


I'm moving in sometime in the middle of July.

bball1996
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby bball1996 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:03 pm

applelover wrote:
bball1996 wrote:Is anyone else planning on moving into Hyde Park relatively early? My lease is up on the North side at the end of July, so I'll be moving down south a week or two before then. I'll probably be travelling/doing something fun for several weeks in August, but if anyone else is around we should organize a meet-up.


I'm moving in sometime in the middle of July.


Has Shoreland allowed you to submit an application yet? I tried a couple weeks ago and they told me I still needed to wait until about 60 days before.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 pm

bball1996 wrote:
applelover wrote:
bball1996 wrote:Is anyone else planning on moving into Hyde Park relatively early? My lease is up on the North side at the end of July, so I'll be moving down south a week or two before then. I'll probably be travelling/doing something fun for several weeks in August, but if anyone else is around we should organize a meet-up.


I'm moving in sometime in the middle of July.


Has Shoreland allowed you to submit an application yet? I tried a couple weeks ago and they told me I still needed to wait until about 60 days before.


Yes, they have. When did you want to move in? because you still have to wait the 60 days.

User avatar
Let It Roll
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Let It Roll » Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm definitely living in Shoreland. Planning on moving in at the end of July. I'd be up for a TLS meet up.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Crowing » Thu May 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Will be in Chicago this summer, and happy to meet people

JDeezy
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby JDeezy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Am in Chicago all summer, also interested in meeting people.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 pm

In Chicago this summer, not interested in meeting people.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In Chicago this summer, not interested in meeting people.


Meeting mal was the worst experience of my 1L year

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Thu May 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In Chicago this summer, not interested in meeting people.

Damn. I wanted to get a beer and talk RIGOR.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby elterrible78 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In Chicago this summer, not interested in meeting people.


:P

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu May 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:In Chicago this summer, not interested in meeting people.



:|

bball1996
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby bball1996 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:35 am

applelover wrote:
bball1996 wrote:
applelover wrote:
bball1996 wrote:Is anyone else planning on moving into Hyde Park relatively early? My lease is up on the North side at the end of July, so I'll be moving down south a week or two before then. I'll probably be travelling/doing something fun for several weeks in August, but if anyone else is around we should organize a meet-up.


I'm moving in sometime in the middle of July.


Has Shoreland allowed you to submit an application yet? I tried a couple weeks ago and they told me I still needed to wait until about 60 days before.


Yes, they have. When did you want to move in? because you still have to wait the 60 days.


I'm thinking about getting the lease started around July 15th. I wasn't sure how strict they were on the 60 days. I figured a week or two outside of that couldn't hurt much given the fact that they're not fully occupied yet...

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Fri May 09, 2014 12:43 am

bball1996 wrote:I'm thinking about getting the lease started around July 15th. I wasn't sure how strict they were on the 60 days. I figured a week or two outside of that couldn't hurt much given the fact that they're not fully occupied yet...

I PM'd you.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby 20141023 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 am

I feel bad for that one, which I won't really admit to often. Robb is a wonderful person.

webbdp3
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby webbdp3 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 am

Has anyone heard back from Chi who submitted a second merit aid reconsideration request? I sent one a while ago but haven't heard anything back, not even a confirmation that they received it?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest