Chicago Law Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
tls2175
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby tls2175 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Checking in! Hi, all!

User avatar
Let It Roll
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Let It Roll » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Checking in. :)

Can't wait to visit.

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby wsparker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 am

Here's the link to last years thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=200475

Tons of good info, I have been reading it while procrastinating at work and getting even more excited to visit!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Does anyone know when they send out that financial aid email they referred to in the acceptance email?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Does anyone know when they send out that financial aid email they referred to in the acceptance email?


Decisions will be made at the end of February and notifications should be out before mid-March.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Gotcha, thanks!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 pm

wsparker wrote:Here's the link to last years thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=200475

Tons of good info, I have been reading it while procrastinating at work and getting even more excited to visit!


Hey ChampagnePapi - could you add the information from the OP of last year's thread to this year? TYIA

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby 2014 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Grats guys, current 2L and happy to answer questions you might have either here or by PM. If you post any questions in any thread on TLS that has even the most tenuous of connections to UChi I will surely happen upon it there too.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Rahviveh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
wsparker wrote:Here's the link to last years thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=200475

Tons of good info, I have been reading it while procrastinating at work and getting even more excited to visit!


Hey ChampagnePapi - could you add the information from the OP of last year's thread to this year? TYIA


Done. I can update it too if you guys want to add anything.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Does anyone else still have their interviewer in their Skype contacts? Every time I go to delete him, some superstition keeps me from doing it.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously planning to call him sometime and see what's up.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Does anyone else still have their interviewer in their Skype contacts? Every time I go to delete him, some superstition keeps me from doing it.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously planning to call him sometime and see what's up.


I do, but I also never really use my Skype account, so I have lots of people in there I spoke too once then never again. However, I support your superstition. :lol:

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 pm

thewaves wrote:Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?


Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
thewaves wrote:Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?


Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.


Ah thanks, I haven't begun to look at Chicago's information yet. Sounds like Chicago requires financial aid forms for you to be considered for merit scholarships.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:47 pm

thewaves wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
thewaves wrote:Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?


Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.


Ah thanks, I haven't begun to look at Chicago's information yet. Sounds like Chicago requires financial aid forms for you to be considered for merit scholarships.


No, they just put that in there for merit/need scholarships. You are automatically considered for merit scholarships upon admittance.

We just don't find out until March.

JDeezy
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby JDeezy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

I'm a pretty normal dude. 25 years old. Average looks, above average charm.

I can't find the link anymore but I remember seeing Regents is ~1100/mo for a studio and ~1600/mo total for a double, which seems like a good deal. Can anyone confirm that?

PM me.

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Synch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

JDeezy wrote:I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

I'm a pretty normal dude. 25 years old. Average looks, above average charm.

I can't find the link anymore but I remember seeing Regents is ~1100/mo for a studio and ~1600/mo total for a double, which seems like a good deal. Can anyone confirm that?

PM me.


Solid 100th post

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm

JDeezy wrote:I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

I'm a pretty normal dude. 25 years old. Average looks, above average charm.

I can't find the link anymore but I remember seeing Regents is ~1100/mo for a studio and ~1600/mo total for a double, which seems like a good deal. Can anyone confirm that?

PM me.

I pay 1100 for a 1BD. Its like the ugliest apartment in the building though. The cheapest ones are unrenovated. See the OP.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
thewaves wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
thewaves wrote:Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?


Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.


Ah thanks, I haven't begun to look at Chicago's information yet. Sounds like Chicago requires financial aid forms for you to be considered for merit scholarships.


No, they just put that in there for merit/need scholarships. You are automatically considered for merit scholarships upon admittance.

We just don't find out until March.

This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm

kershka wrote:This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.


You're right. Sorry, kershka, I was talking about us normal folks that don't have superhuman numbers. Also, I liked your other avi better :P

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.


You're right. Sorry, kershka, I was talking about us normal folks that don't have superhuman numbers. Also, I liked your other avi better :P

lol, just trying this one out. We'll see if it lasts :P

And I'm eagerly awaiting the Ruby offers so that I can spend days beating myself up about not retaking the LSAT. Should be fun :wink:

User avatar
Ricky-Bobby
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

.
Last edited by Ricky-Bobby on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.


You're right. Sorry, kershka, I was talking about us normal folks that don't have superhuman numbers. Also, I liked your other avi better :P

lol, just trying this one out. We'll see if it lasts :P

And I'm eagerly awaiting the Ruby offers so that I can spend days beating myself up about not retaking the LSAT. Should be fun :wink:


Tell me about it. I took the LSAT cold after looking at the structure of the exam for an hour. I still don't know why I did that. I missed 0 RC, and 1 on one of the LR sections. Completely ran out of time on the LGs and answered two whole games "B." Then scores came out and I was above last year's full-tuition point for WUSTL, so I let it ride. I did get the full-tuition at WUSTL, and I was stoked to matriculate, but then I got the UChi email... I never expected to get anywhere but the waitlist, so now that it's actually an option I'm kicking myself left and right for leaving money on the table.

Could I retake, get a 175, and apply next year for a Ruby? Probably. Will I? Nope.

Yep. That's what happens. I took the June LSATs and had the flu. I had to actually leave the exam room during my last section and barely made it back in time to randomly guess the last five questions. Where did almost every question I got wrong come from? Those last five questions. Now that Hamiltons/Butlers are going out, I am really regretting my choice not to retake but what can you do? C'est la vie.

User avatar
HarvardHopeful
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby HarvardHopeful » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.

You have no cause for anxiety. Go bask in your Levy invite and SLS acceptance :P
Last edited by kershka on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest