Chicago Law Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Post by HarvardHopeful » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:12 pm

kershka wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.
You have no cause for anxiety. Go bask in your Hamilton and SLS acceptance :P
I haven't heard back from Columbia yet! :oops:

But you're right about SLS, if anyone needs me I'll be celebrating :D

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:15 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
kershka wrote:
HarvardHopeful wrote:Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.
You have no cause for anxiety. Go bask in your Hamilton and SLS acceptance :P
I haven't heard back from Columbia yet! :oops:

But you're right about SLS, if anyone needs me I'll be celebrating :D
Hehe, I meant the Levy invite. You replied before my ninja edit :D

But I'm sure you'll hear back from Columbia soon too!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Got mah' admitted students package today, can confirm that it is pretty much the same thing as last year (from what I've been told about last year, anyways).

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Got mah' admitted students package today, can confirm that it is pretty much the same thing as last year (from what I've been told about last year, anyways).
Yup. Here too. I actually really liked the package (even if I was crushed there was no Ruby included :P )

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 pm

kershka wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Got mah' admitted students package today, can confirm that it is pretty much the same thing as last year (from what I've been told about last year, anyways).
Yup. Here too. I actually really liked the package (even if I was crushed there was no Ruby included :P )
You guys made me go out to my mailbox, and sure enough, there it was. Did either of you get a personal message at the bottom of your admittance letter?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:
You guys made me go out to my mailbox, and sure enough, there it was. Did either of you get a personal message at the bottom of your admittance letter?
Yeah. I mean, it wasn't as personal as some others, but it was hand written.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:17 pm

kershka wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:
Yeah. I mean, it wasn't as personal as some others, but it was hand written.
Oh good. Just making sure I wasn't the only one with a generic greeting! It's still a nice gesture, Dean Perry, but Notre Dame's execution was much better. I guess being T6 with exceptional job prospects gives you a little bit of leeway. /whining-about-things-that-don't-matter

thewaves

Bronze

Post by thewaves » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Oh good. Just making sure I wasn't the only one with a generic greeting! It's still a nice gesture, Dean Perry, but Notre Dame's execution was much better. I guess being T6 with exceptional job prospects gives you a little bit of leeway. /whining-about-things-that-don't-matter
NYU's hand written note was spot on FWIW :D .

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:12 pm

thewaves wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
NYU's hand written note was spot on FWIW :D .
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oxie

Bronze

Post by oxie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:45 pm

In my shock I accidentally posted this in the ASW thread, but this probably a better place for it: just got offered a Ruby via email!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:55 pm

oxie wrote:In my shock I accidentally posted this in the ASW thread, but this probably a better place for it: just got offered a Ruby via email!
Me too! Oh my god, I'm shaking!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm

AWESOME! Congrats to you both!! :mrgreen:

flippacious

New

Post by flippacious » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:37 pm

kershka wrote:
oxie wrote:In my shock I accidentally posted this in the ASW thread, but this probably a better place for it: just got offered a Ruby via email!
I just got the email too. I had to reread the email like three times because I was convinced I was reading it incorrectly or it was a trick of some kind. Currently freaking out (and sweating for some reason?!)! Congrats you two!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oxie

Bronze

Post by oxie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:54 pm

flippacious wrote:
kershka wrote:
I just got the email too. I had to reread the email like three times because I was convinced I was reading it incorrectly or it was a trick of some kind. Currently freaking out (and sweating for some reason?!)! Congrats you two!!
Thanks and congrats to you guys as well!

I totally didn't realize that the Ruby comes with a 15k/year stipend. So unbelievably awesome!

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Congrats on the Rubies. It seems like an incredible offer.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:17 pm

oxie wrote:I totally didn't realize that the Ruby comes with a 15k/year stipend. So unbelievably awesome!
15k? I thought it was 10, nice!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:18 pm

oxie wrote:
flippacious wrote:
kershka wrote:
Thanks and congrats to you guys as well!

I totally didn't realize that the Ruby comes with a 15k/year stipend. So unbelievably awesome!
Congrats to you guys as well! I think that it used to be 10k/year but that they increased it. I'm certainly not complaining!

How much has this shaken up your guys' plans? I had my list of preferences all set, but this definitely complicates matters (in a great way of course).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:49 pm

I got a Ruby today as well and it's pulled Chicago pretty much dead even with Harvard.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:I got a Ruby today as well and it's pulled Chicago pretty much dead even with Harvard.
Just pick Harvard, withdraw from Chicago, and request your Ruby go to that sexy dude on TLS with the Will Ferrel avatar.

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:I got a Ruby today as well and it's pulled Chicago pretty much dead even with Harvard.
Just pick Harvard, withdraw from Chicago, and request your Ruby go to that sexy dude on TLS with the Will Ferrel avatar.
I think they have a checkbox for that on the form.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
I think they have a checkbox for that on the form.
:D

I knew kissing ass on TLS would pay off!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Huffy

New

Post by Huffy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm still going to put ketchup on my hotdogs.....

flippacious

New

Post by flippacious » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am

kershka wrote:How much has this shaken up your guys' plans? I had my list of preferences all set, but this definitely complicates matters (in a great way of course).
I'm leaning heavily toward Chicago now. I'm basically certain I'll be going there with this offer, and I'm getting really excited about it! I didn't have a list of preferences yet, though, so it doesn't change much for me. I was waiting to hear back about money from everywhere before really setting my heart on a particular school. I'm financing law school on my own and I'm pretty debt-averse. What about you? How has it changed your list?
Just out of curiosity, what makes it dead even for you? Would you be taking out debt for Harvard?

HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 pm

This. No clue how I'm going to make my decision.

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Just out of curiosity, what makes it dead even for you? Would you be taking out debt for Harvard?[/quote]

Lots of debt. I still have to wait for need aid and asw and whatnot before I make a choice though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”