Northwestern Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Looks like I'll be doing a ton of ASW events with y'all. Breakfast, Lunch, even get to "Tell it Like it Is."


Nice. Is it a huge deal if I miss Friday? I can't get out of working that day and I don't think I'll get in town soon enough to attend the events.

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby kenwash » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:33 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Looks like I'll be doing a ton of ASW events with y'all. Breakfast, Lunch, even get to "Tell it Like it Is."


Nice. Is it a huge deal if I miss Friday? I can't get out of working that day and I don't think I'll get in town soon enough to attend the events.

It looks like the main things you'll miss out on are the Bluhm Legal Clinic info session, law school tour/housing tour, and sitting in on classes. You'll probably be fine just attending on Saturday.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Truly truly looking forward to meeting you all, students and admits alike. (If you link me to my profile, please don't out me. I like to talk some of the time.)

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Micdiddy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:25 pm

whereskyle wrote:Truly truly looking forward to meeting you all, students and admits alike. (If you link me to my profile, please don't out me. I like to talk some of the time.)


Well, either your name is Kyle or you are constantly wondering where he is. Either way, Admissions could probably link you already (how many Kyles going to ASW?).
Ftr, though obviously I fully understand not wanting to be outed, I am 99% sure Admissions knew who I was during their decision process and I don't think it hurt me.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
whereskyle wrote:Truly truly looking forward to meeting you all, students and admits alike. (If you link me to my profile, please don't out me. I like to talk some of the time.)


Well, either your name is Kyle or you are constantly wondering where he is. Either way, Admissions could probably link you already (how many Kyles going to ASW?).
Ftr, though obviously I fully understand not wanting to be outed, I am 99% sure Admissions knew who I was during their decision process and I don't think it hurt me.


I have a feeling I am easily outable as well. Idc as long as it doesn't affect scholarship negotiation lol.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
whereskyle wrote:Truly truly looking forward to meeting you all, students and admits alike. (If you link me to my profile, please don't out me. I like to talk some of the time.)


Well, either your name is Kyle or you are constantly wondering where he is. Either way, Admissions could probably link you already (how many Kyles going to ASW?).
Ftr, though obviously I fully understand not wanting to be outed, I am 99% sure Admissions knew who I was during their decision process and I don't think it hurt me.


Thank you for the reassurances. It's only a matter of to whom whereskyle has been outed thus far.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:49 am

kenwash wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Looks like I'll be doing a ton of ASW events with y'all. Breakfast, Lunch, even get to "Tell it Like it Is."


Nice. Is it a huge deal if I miss Friday? I can't get out of working that day and I don't think I'll get in town soon enough to attend the events.

It looks like the main things you'll miss out on are the Bluhm Legal Clinic info session, law school tour/housing tour, and sitting in on classes. You'll probably be fine just attending on Saturday.



BUT FOLLIES!!!!!!! Arguably the best part of law school.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:01 am

Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 am

Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.


Idk if we've been offered a choice. I sat in on a property class last year at uva. It was soul crushingly boring.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
kenwash wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Looks like I'll be doing a ton of ASW events with y'all. Breakfast, Lunch, even get to "Tell it Like it Is."


Nice. Is it a huge deal if I miss Friday? I can't get out of working that day and I don't think I'll get in town soon enough to attend the events.

It looks like the main things you'll miss out on are the Bluhm Legal Clinic info session, law school tour/housing tour, and sitting in on classes. You'll probably be fine just attending on Saturday.



BUT FOLLIES!!!!!!! Arguably the best part of law school.


I am bummed about missing that...

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby kenwash » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:52 am

Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:29 am

kenwash wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?


Because the class is not the best. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

Micdiddy wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?


Because the class is not the best. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.


Is it worth meeting w/ any finaid people, or is that best handled through the scholarship negotiation form?

gimmedanger
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby gimmedanger » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:46 am

Leaning further and further towards NU as the cycle winds down! 99% sure I'll be putting my seat deposit down at the very least.

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 pm

gimmedanger wrote:Leaning further and further towards NU as the cycle winds down! 99% sure I'll be putting my seat deposit down at the very least.


That is great to hear! Are you checking out campus this weekend?

gimmedanger
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby gimmedanger » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Sadly I can't make to ASW. Might try to visit in May. (busy busy busy year for me)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?


Because the class is not the best. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Boringness has FAR more to do with the professor than the topic.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:15 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?


Because the class is not the best. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Boringness has FAR more to do with the professor than the topic.


I could not agree more...

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Boringness has FAR more to do with the professor than the topic.


I could not agree more...

Then why are you categorically telling the 0Ls to not sit in on Torts? (Unless your class is the only Torts section this term.)

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Also, I am crazy excited for torts. Is that abnormal for a 0L?

User avatar
AceDeuces
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby AceDeuces » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:49 pm

whereskyle wrote:Also, I am crazy excited for torts. Is that abnormal for a 0L?


My dad used to teach torts. I also think it is extremely interesting.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Micdiddy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. (Actually though, I wouldn't be surprised if the school does not offer torts as a sit-in option in the first place).

User avatar
scorneli
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby scorneli » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 pm

AceDeuces wrote:
whereskyle wrote:Also, I am crazy excited for torts. Is that abnormal for a 0L?


My dad used to teach torts. I also think it is extremely interesting.


Samesies.

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Leo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:27 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
kenwash wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Do you guys know what classes you're sitting in on? If you get a choice and one of them is Torts, DO NOT CHOOSE THAT ONE.

Why not torts?


Because the class is not the best. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.


Is it worth meeting w/ any finaid people, or is that best handled through the scholarship negotiation form?

Wait, there's a form? I just emailed them. I was only mildly successful though.

User avatar
berndie90
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby berndie90 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:07 am

Who's all in town tonight for Diverse Admitted Students day tomorrow? Will I be seeing any of you there?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest