Northwestern Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby furrrman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Got mine just now as well, not bad although I would have liked a little more.

One thing I'm curious about is if we accept the scholarship and pay the seat deposit by the early date of 4/11, does this mean we can no longer negotiate with them if we receive offers from other schools?

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:56 pm

furrrman wrote:Got mine just now as well, not bad although I would have liked a little more.

One thing I'm curious about is if we accept the scholarship and pay the seat deposit by the early date of 4/11, does this mean we can no longer negotiate with them if we receive offers from other schools?


I am also curious about this. Can anyone provide some insight on how receptive NU is to negotiating?

User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Trig » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Thankful for such a great offer. pm for details.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:So I went to the admitted students dinner last night and met the legendary Johann. Along with other Alums and faculty. It was amazing. I'm almost certain that NU is where I'll be going. Hopefully I get a nice scholly offer.


Was at the DC dinner, and was super impressed by the alums, other admits, and Prof Lupa/Johann. If I wasn't as good as committed elsewhere NU would be a top choice. It was the best accepted students reception I've been to so far, hands down.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Damn, just got mine as well. Highest offer so far. This complicates things a bit...

NYC-WVU
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby NYC-WVU » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:14 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Damn, just got mine as well. Highest offer so far. This complicates things a bit...

C'mon LS22. Aren't you from the midwest? You belong here.

jjmaple8
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby jjmaple8 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Hands up if you got no money!!!

(but for real, I'm a little disappointed, but still thrilled with having the opportunity to attend such an awesome school)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Damn, just got mine as well. Highest offer so far. This complicates things a bit...


Congrats!

Samsing
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Samsing » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Woah just got an amazing offer from Northwestern! This is a game changer and I will really need to evaluate my options. Congrats to everyone getting those offers!

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:27 pm

berndie90 wrote:Just got my scholarship offer!!! Let's just say I will definitely be attending Northwestern :-)

Can't wait to meet all of you at ASW!!

Feel free to PM for more details.


Congratulations on the end of your cycle! See you in a couple weeks!

whereskyle
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby whereskyle » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 pm

herrowww wrote:Looks like I will be apartment hunting during ASW weekend. Scholorship offer was extremely generous and I look forward to sporting purple NU gear this fall.

NU law class of 2017!!


Congrats! See you in a couple weeks!

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Marshmallow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:29 pm

wow, i really hope they continue to be generous with recent admits (who have yet to submit their essays!)

hayman
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby hayman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

So letter says the sholly was based on merit and need. Does this mean that this is the total financial package? Or could there be grants on top of this?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:51 pm

hayman wrote:So letter says the sholly was based on merit and need. Does this mean that this is the total financial package? Or could there be grants on top of this?


I'm guessing it's total.

bonerland
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby bonerland » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
hayman wrote:So letter says the sholly was based on merit and need. Does this mean that this is the total financial package? Or could there be grants on top of this?


I'm guessing it's total.


That is correct.

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Pishee77 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Got a pretty generous offer...I have no idea where to go. Do you think they're open to negotiations or would that be pushing it?

User avatar
stewart23
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby stewart23 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Congrats to all of the Scholly recipients! The offer I received makes NU cost competitive with Michigan. This is going to be a tough decision.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Pishee77 wrote:Got a pretty generous offer...I have no idea where to go. Do you think they're open to negotiations or would that be pushing it?


Nothing to lose by trying.

NU has really shaken things up today for a lot of people w/ all the money they're throwing around.

NYC-WVU
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby NYC-WVU » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

stewart23 wrote:Congrats to all of the Scholly recipients! The offer I received makes NU cost competitive with Michigan. This is going to be a tough decision.

Ann Arbor is for undergrads. Come to a city.
(Fingers crossed you're not also considering NYU.)

User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby MT Cicero » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 pm

jjmaple8 wrote:Hands up if you got no money!!!

(but for real, I'm a little disappointed, but still thrilled with having the opportunity to attend such an awesome school)


No money here either. Although with full GI Bill + YR my tuition is effectively $5k/year and I get a $2K/month housing allowance. Still, NU could've thrown me a $5k/year scholly offer just to make it a nice, round zero tuition.

Still, pending some magic coming out of other quarters I'll be attending NU this fall!

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby Lightworks » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Any chance Michigan matches an NU offer? NU offered me ~$7500 a year more.

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby kenwash » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:00 pm

So did I completely miss on TLS that NU sends us a container of Garret's popcorn?? I love this school...

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm

kenwash wrote:So did I completely miss on TLS that NU sends us a container of Garret's popcorn?? I love this school...


wait what
where is my popcorn

User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby furrrman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Lightworks wrote:Any chance Michigan matches an NU offer? NU offered me ~$7500 a year more.


Michigan is higher ranked and roughly 10k a year cheaper than NU already. Not sure how much that would factor into Mich's decision making, but it doesn't hurt to try.

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby kenwash » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:42 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
kenwash wrote:So did I completely miss on TLS that NU sends us a container of Garret's popcorn?? I love this school...


wait what
where is my popcorn

Oh no.. :( Anyone else get popcorn?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest