Northwestern Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
ChicagoCPA

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby ChicagoCPA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 pm

d cooper wrote:The amount of typos and grammatical errors in the school's emails is a little shocking. Throughout the entire admissions process this has been the case. The website, too.

haha +1

ChicagoCPA

Postby ChicagoCPA » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:57 pm

bonerland wrote:Checking in.

See you peasants at The Streeter.

Can't wait - I'm just up the street. The area is awesome, I've never lived anywhere I love more! (Can't wait to share with all you fine folks.)

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:01 pm

ChicagoCPA wrote:
d cooper wrote:The amount of typos and grammatical errors in the school's emails is a little shocking. Throughout the entire admissions process this has been the case. The website, too.

haha +1

I just got an email from NU saying "downtown Chicago is the hole of many Fortune 500 companies..."

I mean, what the fuck, NU?

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

whereskyle wrote:
ChicagoCPA wrote:

haha +1

I just got an email from NU saying "downtown Chicago is the hole of many Fortune 500 companies..."

Uhhhh... That's not a typo... Sorry.

d cooper

Postby d cooper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 pm

The description for Contracts on the First Year Curriculum page is my favorite:

Contracts (3 credits) explores the nature and enforceability of promises and bargains and the

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
whereskyle wrote:
ChicagoCPA wrote:

haha +1

Uhhhh... That's not a typo... Sorry.

They're clearly typing e-mails on their iphones

SplitMyPants

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Checking in!

Ally Mcbeal

Postby Ally Mcbeal » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Just got in today and super excited! My only concern is that I'm not really looking to work in Chicago forever. I'm from Cali and would like to eventually return. But NU is a fantastic offer, especially with my numbers.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Just got in today and super excited! My only concern is that I'm not really looking to work in Chicago forever. I'm from Cali and would like to eventually return. But NU is a fantastic offer, especially with my numbers.

Congratulations! I'm also potentially interested in working in Ca. You may want to check the NU Ask a Student thread on here, if you have questions.

esrom55

Postby esrom55 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:Checking in!

+1 Woohoo!

Attax

Postby Attax » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:30 am

Congrats new admits! I was held but looking forward to these video essays and hopefully I can officially check in later!

bonerland

Postby bonerland » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:05 am

ChicagoCPA wrote:
bonerland wrote:Checking in.

See you peasants at The Streeter.

Can't wait - I'm just up the street. The area is awesome, I've never lived anywhere I love more! (Can't wait to share with all you fine folks.)

Hah. I was joking.

furrrman

Postby furrrman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Ally Mcbeal wrote:Just got in today and super excited! My only concern is that I'm not really looking to work in Chicago forever. I'm from Cali and would like to eventually return. But NU is a fantastic offer, especially with my numbers.

I have no idea if its easy to go from NU to CA, but they seem to place pretty well there. According to this, 11% of 2012 grads were in CA: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/depts/c ... index.html

furrrman

Postby furrrman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Does anyone have any kind of schedule for ASW? I'm trying to see if I need to stay there both days, or if I can just do one.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

furrrman wrote:Does anyone have any kind of schedule for ASW? I'm trying to see if I need to stay there both days, or if I can just do one.

I think it a synopsis was posted on the Admitted Students page, but not all the details.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:38 pm

So I'm finally booked for my first visit to Chicago! Excited!! The only thing is to save on airfare I had to book a Monday departure. I hope to utilize that extra time to explore more of Chicago.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:42 pm

AAJD2B wrote:So I'm finally booked for my first visit to Chicago! Excited!! The only thing is to save on airfare I had to book a Monday departure. I hope to utilize that extra time to explore more of Chicago.

Awesome! I'll be in town till the following Monday. Also my first time in Chicago. While I want to go be a tourist, I wonder if I should spend free days riding public transit to get a sense of what I'm in for. There's no way I'm paying to live in streeterville, when $500-600 rooms are two miles away.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:50 pm

whereskyle wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:So I'm finally booked for my first visit to Chicago! Excited!! The only thing is to save on airfare I had to book a Monday departure. I hope to utilize that extra time to explore more of Chicago.

Awesome! I'll be in town till the following Monday. Also my first time in Chicago. While I want to go be a tourist, I wonder if I should spend free days riding public transit to get a sense of what I'm in for. There's no way I'm paying to live in streeterville, when $500-600 rooms are two miles away.

Really??? Do tell.

I'm hoping to use that full Sunday to go neighborhood browsing. :mrgreen: I am praying for warm weather. :)

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
whereskyle wrote:

Really??? Do tell.

I'm hoping to use that full Sunday to go neighborhood browsing. :mrgreen: I am praying for warm weather. :)

Here's some advice I picked up on the Ask a Student thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=142200&start=6850

You might want to check past pages as well.

I started browsing on padmapper and found a $1200 2 bedroom in 90 seconds. I have friends in Chicago, but I may be looking to find a roomie at ASW. I think that meeting you and the rest of the gang is going to be the best thing about law school. Besides the getting a lawyer job thing.

bonerland

Postby bonerland » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

whereskyle wrote:

But there are no muscley menz to serve you iced tea while you're basking in the sun next to your rooftop pool when you rent two miles away from Streeterville. :lol:

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:23 pm

bonerland wrote:
whereskyle wrote:

But there are no muscley menz to serve you iced tea while you're basking in the sun next to your rooftop pool when you rent two miles away from Streeterville. :lol:

halve the cost, halve the debt, halve the stress. (maybe the first time in my life ive written halve). don't know if muscley menz and iced tea help with LS debt stress. I will admit that I haven't tried it.

furrrman

Postby furrrman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:28 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
furrrman wrote:Does anyone have any kind of schedule for ASW? I'm trying to see if I need to stay there both days, or if I can just do one.

I think it a synopsis was posted on the Admitted Students page, but not all the details.

Thanks, also just got the invite card in the mail. I'm just a little worried because right now the flight I'm booking will get to Chicago around 1pm on Friday, and I don't want to miss the chance to sit in on classes. I may be wrong, but I would guess these all take place Friday in the AM and early afternoon? I'm thinking maybe I should go for a Thursday flight now.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:31 pm

furrrman wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

Thanks, also just got the invite card in the mail. I'm just a little worried because right now the flight I'm booking will get to Chicago around 1pm on Friday, and I don't want to miss the chance to sit in on classes. I may be wrong, but I would guess these all take place Friday in the AM and early afternoon? I'm thinking maybe I should go for a Thursday flight now.

I'm arriving on Thursday.

herrowww

Postby herrowww » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Flights are booked, ASW here I comeeeee! But seriously, please let the winter weather be over with.

bonerland

Postby bonerland » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:09 pm

whereskyle wrote:
bonerland wrote:
whereskyle wrote:

halve the cost, halve the debt, halve the stress. (maybe the first time in my life ive written halve). don't know if muscley menz and iced tea help with LS debt stress. I will admit that I haven't tried it.

You are deprived, my friend.

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”