Northwestern Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
MT Cicero

Re: Northwestern Class of 2017

Postby MT Cicero » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 pm

californiauser wrote:ended up spending a bit more on a hotel than I had orginally planned, I figure it'll balance out and i'll save money on taxis if I stay walking distance from the law school

most people will probably going out every night to restaurants/bars, right?

I did the same. I'm at the Allerton, which looks to be about a half-mile away. Pretty good deal with a Hotwire hot rate though. Booked flight today as well! The $200 reimbursement will cover about 25-30%, so not terrible.

And yes, I imagine I'll be going out Thurs/Fri/Sat night. I'm sure I'll be more tame than most as an old guy though!

Looking forward to seeing some of you in 5 weeks!

Kikero

Postby Kikero » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 pm

californiauser wrote:most people will probably going out every night to restaurants/bars, right?

Historically, yes.

samoby

Postby samoby » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:14 am

Sorry if this has been answered already, but what is the non-accelerated JD deposit deadline?

TIA!

bonerland

Postby bonerland » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:25 am

samoby wrote:Sorry if this has been answered already, but what is the non-accelerated JD deposit deadline?

TIA!

4/30/14

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi admits! Just wanted to drop in and encourage you all to go to ASW if you haven't already decided to. It's a great chance to make friends and connect with current students. Plus you get to see Wigmore Follies, arguably the best part of law school. Overall, it's just a really fun weekend. Please let us know in the taking questions thread if you have any!

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Hi admits! Just wanted to drop in and encourage you all to go to ASW if you haven't already decided to. It's a great chance to make friends and connect with current students. Plus you get to see Wigmore Follies, arguably the best part of law school. Overall, it's just a really fun weekend. Please let us know in the taking questions thread if you have any!

Awesome! What a great idea to have the follies during ASW.

Lightworks

Postby Lightworks » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Now that the deadline has passed, any idea when scholarship info will start coming out?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Lightworks wrote:Now that the deadline has passed, any idea when scholarship info will start coming out?

I think it's come out around the end of March/Beginning of April the past few years.

andapieceoftoast

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Did you guys get a confirmation email letting you know that they received your scholarship form?

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:Did you guys get a confirmation email letting you know that they received your scholarship form?

Yes

andapieceoftoast

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:Did you guys get a confirmation email letting you know that they received your scholarship form?

Yes

How soon after you submitted? I sent mine in on March 1 but still haven't gotten confirmation.

eta: Just realized I may be worrying for nothing -- the form says that we should received confirmation within a week of submission of the form.

Ricky-Bobby

Postby Ricky-Bobby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:08 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Yes

How soon after you submitted? I sent mine in on March 1 but still haven't gotten confirmation.

eta: Just realized I may be worrying for nothing -- the form says that we should received confirmation within a week of submission of the form.

Oh, I thought you were asking because you already received confirmation. I received the confirmation email on 2/27, but I submitted 1/17 or 18 after my acceptance. This is expected, because they did not start reviewing finaid applications until recently.

I think you should be good with assuming a week or so. I'm sure the finaid office is hectic now that apps are starting to be reviewed and the FAFSA priority deadline just passed.

andapieceoftoast

Postby andapieceoftoast » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:

Yes

Oh, I thought you were asking because you already received confirmation. I received the confirmation email on 2/27, but I submitted 1/17 or 18 after my acceptance. This is expected, because they did not start reviewing finaid applications until recently.

I think you should be good with assuming a week or so. I'm sure the finaid office is hectic now that apps are starting to be reviewed and the FAFSA priority deadline just passed.

That sounds about right -- thanks for your help!

dagny05

Postby dagny05 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Hi admits! Just wanted to drop in and encourage you all to go to ASW if you haven't already decided to. It's a great chance to make friends and connect with current students. Plus you get to see Wigmore Follies, arguably the best part of law school. Overall, it's just a really fun weekend. Please let us know in the taking questions thread if you have any!

If I go to ASW should I plan on staying in Chicago just Friday night or Saturday night as well?

YouGoGlenCoCo

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:48 pm

dagny05 wrote:

If I go to ASW should I plan on staying in Chicago just Friday night or Saturday night as well?

I've already booked for Saturday night as well. I would imagine that events will be going on till late Saturday and it can't hurt to enjoy Chicago for one more night.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:56 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:
dagny05 wrote:

I've already booked for Saturday night as well. I would imagine that events will be going on till late Saturday and it can't hurt to enjoy Chicago for one more night.

Yeaaahhhhh... it's ballz-freezing here, and we've had record-breaking snowfall for the past four months. I hope you bring your long underwear, because that's the only way it's possible to "enjoy" Chicago right now.

YouGoGlenCoCo

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:16 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:
dagny05 wrote:

Yeaaahhhhh... it's ballz-freezing here, and we've had record-breaking snowfall for the past four months. I hope you bring your long underwear, because that's the only way it's possible to "enjoy" Chicago right now.

Yeaaaahhh...I'm coming from San Diego, I don't own long underwear.

Edit: Accuweather.com says it's going to be 63 degrees and partly sunny, cause, you know, that's never been wrong.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:36 pm

63 degrees and partly sunny? Holy hell! That's bay area weather!

bonerland

Postby bonerland » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Checking in.

See you peasants at The Streeter.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 pm

dagny05 wrote:

Stay Saturday if you can! People will go out.

And guys, the weather really isn't that bad. I mean, it has been. But it'll be warmer by then.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:Yeaaahhhhh... it's ballz-freezing here, and we've had record-breaking snowfall for the past four months. I hope you bring your long underwear, because that's the only way it's possible to "enjoy" Chicago right now.

Yeaaaahhh...I'm coming from San Diego, I don't own long underwear.

Edit: Accuweather.com says it's going to be 63 degrees and partly sunny, cause, you know, that's never been wrong.
I enjoy this current weather a whole hell of a lot more than Chicago's August fuckery. :P

But ASW has been fairly mild in temperature (I wanna say 50s-60s) the past 3 years, although I think it was 3 years ago that we got some thunderstorms/flash-flood rains. Which are kind of fun, imo.

Kikero

Postby Kikero » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wore long sleeves but no coat both of the last two years, even at night. Although, this has been Chicago's 3rd snowiest winter ever, so who knows... I'd recommend packing as if you expect it to be in the high 30s/low 40s and then (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 am

Kikero wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wore long sleeves but no coat both of the last two years, even at night. Although, this has been Chicago's 3rd snowiest winter ever, so who knows... I'd recommend packing as if you expect it to be in the high 30s/low 40s and then (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, I think I wore a thin trench coat and I'm from a warm humid area so it's not as if I was just used to the cold. It'll be fine.

d cooper

Postby d cooper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:45 pm

The amount of typos and grammatical errors in the school's emails is a little shocking. Throughout the entire admissions process this has been the case. The website, too.

whereskyle

Postby whereskyle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:53 pm

d cooper wrote:The amount of typos and grammatical errors in the school's emails is a little shocking. Throughout the entire admissions process this has been the case. The website, too.

It's the only thing that's put a damper on my ED acceptance.

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”