Texas Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:03 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
choward014 wrote:That's what I've been hearing. Is there ANYTHING nice about it besides employment prospects?


It's not in, Houston.


FIFY

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Based on LSN this may be helpful/interesting to those on the WL/applying next year:
LSAT GPA Attending LSAT GPA
25th 167 3.495 25th 163.5 3.305
med 168 3.67 med 167 3.61
75th 171 3.815 75th 168 3.7

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Unlike Baylor, you can go to the bathroom during class, so there's that.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Haha! Take THAT Baylor!

But can you really not do that at Baylor? I was told this was like high school, not Kindergarten.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Attax wrote:Based on LSN this may be helpful/interesting to those on the WL/applying next year:
LSAT GPA Attending LSAT GPA
25th 167 3.495 25th 163.5 3.305
med 168 3.67 med 167 3.61
75th 171 3.815 75th 168 3.7

Nice sample size brah.

TheWalrus
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby TheWalrus » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Unlike Baylor, you can go to the bathroom during class, so there's that.


If you ever hear a student telling to tell a professor to go fuck themselves in that situation, it will be me.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Unlike Baylor, you can go to the bathroom during class, so there's that.


If you ever hear a student telling to tell a professor to go fuck themselves in that situation, it will be me.


Moment when you need LOR from said professor.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:56 pm

El Principe wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Unlike Baylor, you can go to the bathroom during class, so there's that.


If you ever hear a student telling to tell a professor to go fuck themselves in that situation, it will be me.


Moment when you need LOR from said professor.


Insanity wolf moment right there!

TheWalrus
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby TheWalrus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:01 pm

El Principe wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Unlike Baylor, you can go to the bathroom during class, so there's that.


If you ever hear a student telling to tell a professor to go fuck themselves in that situation, it will be me.


Moment when you need LOR from said professor.


I've already told it to one professor, wasn't my professor, you'd be surprised how good it feels.

User avatar
Nightingale
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Nightingale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:04 pm

No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:

TheWalrus
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby TheWalrus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:


How do y'all know this?

User avatar
Nightingale
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Nightingale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:16 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:


How do y'all know this?


Dean Ingram just posted an announcement on the Facebook page.

TheWalrus
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby TheWalrus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Nightingale wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:


How do y'all know this?


Dean Ingram just posted an announcement on the Facebook page.


Baller.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:



Wanna be my morning gym buddy? I was thinking about asking y'all.

User avatar
Nightingale
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Nightingale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Attax wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:



Wanna be my morning gym buddy? I was thinking about asking y'all.


Speaking of working out, anyone know how close UT's weightlifting facility is in relation to the law school?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Nightingale wrote:
Attax wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:



Wanna be my morning gym buddy? I was thinking about asking y'all.


Speaking of working out, anyone know how close UT's weightlifting facility is in relation to the law school?


Gregory and the Rec are both about equal distance. I prefer the rec in the morning, gregory is full of freshman trying to get laid by hitting on people in the gym. It is only about 3 or 4 blocks south of the LS

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Attax wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Nightingale wrote:No classes before 9am! (Hopefully)

pretty fucking badass. Now I can workout before class every day :lol:



Wanna be my morning gym buddy? I was thinking about asking y'all.

I'm down but I'm kind of a lazy, flobby pile of crap whose plan to work out/actually work out ratio is really out of whack.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:I'm down but I'm kind of a lazy, flobby pile of crap whose plan to work out/actually work out ratio is really out of whack.


Your SO will thank me! I'll make you. . . somehow?
Last edited by Attax on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Right now I'm doing this thing where I just eat a huge lunch and drink a lot instead of eating dinner. Seems to be working for the time being.
Last edited by McAvoy on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:Right now I'm doing this thing where I just eat a huge lunch and drink a lot instead of eating dinner. Seems to be working for the time being.


Sure thing :D Yeah I usually don't eat until dinner. I <3 intermittent fasting.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:14 pm

How well does UT employ on the east coast? Specifically Maryland? I checked at some of the BL firms over there and they actually had several UT grads, but everyone here says that its only for guys that want to stay in Texas. I just want to be able to have options I guess. The two areas I want to practice in are either Dallas/Austin or Annapolis/Baltimore, so I guess UT gives me one of, if not the best chance to have both available if I want

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

choward014 wrote:How well does UT employ on the east coast? Specifically Maryland? I checked at some of the BL firms over there and they actually had several UT grads, but everyone here says that its only for guys that want to stay in Texas. I just want to be able to have options I guess. The two areas I want to practice in are either Dallas/Austin or Annapolis/Baltimore, so I guess UT gives me one of, if not the best chance to have both available if I want


If you want a school that will give you nationwide employment opportunities look to the T13.

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:35 pm

choward014 wrote:How well does UT employ on the east coast? Specifically Maryland? I checked at some of the BL firms over there and they actually had several UT grads, but everyone here says that its only for guys that want to stay in Texas. I just want to be able to have options I guess. The two areas I want to practice in are either Dallas/Austin or Annapolis/Baltimore, so I guess UT gives me one of, if not the best chance to have both available if I want


I know of someone who got a solid firm job in Baltimore out of UT.

But yeah, doesn't make sense to go to UT if you want a job on the east coast. It's very Texas-centric, with some smatterings of placement in CA and NY (aka other large legal markets). It's tough to get small firm/local government work from out of state because you can't really hustle in your desired market unless its over the summer/phone/email. And if you want big law then you should almost certainly be going to a T14. UT has a good reputation and I would probably rather try to get work in Maryland out of UT than try to get work in Texas out of the University of Maryland but if its national portability that you want, you should go to a T14 (ideally HYS)

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Well, its not that i WANT a job on the east coast, its just that I want it to be an option. Like, Dallas is my first choice, but if I have to move back home to Baltimore how would one go about doing that? UT is better than any school in that area (besides GULC, I guess) so if you went up to a BL firm in the area, wouldn't it be very wise of them to consider that graduate moreso than a MD grad or a UBalt grad?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests