Texas Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Lots of music students eat at George's, the cafe on the first floor (basement-ish). You can spot them because they seem genuinely happy.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Sh** I guess no one's trying to do anything tonight, or I'm just out of the loop, because no one's talked about anything in person, on this site, or on the facebook group.

alabamF2
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:52 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby alabamF2 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

With the segway and campus tour I'm exhausted to do anything tonight lol.

User avatar
ponyboy7
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ponyboy7 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

El Principe wrote:Sh** I guess no one's trying to do anything tonight, or I'm just out of the loop, because no one's talked about anything in person, on this site, or on the facebook group.


I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break! We're heading to Kung Fu this week for bar review!

Where: 510 Rio Grande St
When: Thursday March 20, 10p-2a
Specials: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $3 Pickle Shots


Quote from a student on the acceptance thread. I'm planning on going.

wildcat43
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby wildcat43 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:23 pm

ponyboy7 wrote:
El Principe wrote:Sh** I guess no one's trying to do anything tonight, or I'm just out of the loop, because no one's talked about anything in person, on this site, or on the facebook group.


I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break! We're heading to Kung Fu this week for bar review!

Where: 510 Rio Grande St
When: Thursday March 20, 10p-2a
Specials: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $3 Pickle Shots


Quote from a student on the acceptance thread. I'm planning on going.


Going as well. Everyone that is going planning on showing up at 10?

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:26 pm

wildcat43 wrote:
ponyboy7 wrote:
El Principe wrote:Sh** I guess no one's trying to do anything tonight, or I'm just out of the loop, because no one's talked about anything in person, on this site, or on the facebook group.


I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break! We're heading to Kung Fu this week for bar review!

Where: 510 Rio Grande St
When: Thursday March 20, 10p-2a
Specials: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $3 Pickle Shots


Quote from a student on the acceptance thread. I'm planning on going.


Going as well. Everyone that is going planning on showing up at 10?


Hell no, like 11.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:29 pm

The 1L turnout will be most likely low because we have our brief due next week.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:56 pm

This 1L is working on his brief tonight

Have a pickle shot for me, bros!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Employment:
500+ - 91
251-500 - 23
101-250 - 12
51-100 - 7
26-50 - 9
11-25 - 18
2-10 - 35
Solo - 4
Fed clerks 34
Pi 16
Gov 35
Business and industry 28

Salary75th 160
Median - 100k
25th - 57k
Mean 106k

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Kool-Aid » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Attax wrote:Employment:
500+ - 91
<a href="tel:251-500 - 23">251-500 - 23</a>
<a href="tel:101-250 - 12">101-250 - 12</a>
51-100 - 7
26-50 - 9
11-25 - 18
2-10 - 35
Solo - 4
Fed clerks 34
Pi 16
Gov 35
Business and industry 28

Salary75th 160
Median - 100k
25th - 57k
Mean 106k


I've already deposited but those stats definitely make me feel more positive about my decision. Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:58 am

Alrighty. Although I loved WUSTL's ASW, I really felt at the right place at UT's and met some awesome people. BRB, time to finally deposit :) And if anyone of you 1, 2, or 3Ls were there during ASW on Friday and were annoyed by some 0Ls playing pool, I apologize. But if I was deciding on UT I had to try out the pool table first!

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:11 am

Attax wrote:Alrighty. Although I loved WUSTL's ASW, I really felt at the right place at UT's and met some awesome people. BRB, time to finally deposit :) And if anyone of you 1, 2, or 3Ls were there during ASW on Friday and were annoyed by some 0Ls playing pool, I apologize. But if I was deciding on UT I had to try out the pool table first!


+1

User avatar
furrrman
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby furrrman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:48 pm

Has scholly info already gone out?

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 pm

furrrman wrote:Has scholly info already gone out?


Scholly info usually comes out about a week or two.

I think up to 4 weeks is the official timeline.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 am

Jesus, did anyone else have a kebap at Verts? Note that I'm a pleb, but it was maybe one of the tastier lunches I've ever had.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 am

Will_McAvoy wrote:Jesus, did anyone else have a kebap at Verts? Note that I'm a pleb, but it was maybe one of the tastier lunches I've ever had.


I still haven't had one yet :D

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 am

Oh man, you gotta. I went to the one on Guadalupe.. get the original. Pretty affordable, and just supremely delicious. They say everything on the menu is under 600 calories, too, but it is extremely satisfying. Great patio too.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:Oh man, you gotta. I went to the one on Guadalupe.. get the original. Pretty affordable, and just supremely delicious. They say everything on the menu is under 600 calories, too, but it is extremely satisfying. Great patio too.


I may have too, and since I"m cutting those calories are nice.

BTW, if you come here and aren't familiar, guadalupe is usually pronounced like gwad-uh-loop rather than the actual pronunciation. It is also commonly referred to as "the drag"

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Lol. Thanks. I love it. I keep getting Brad Pitt's voice from Inglorious Basterds in my head whenever I hear how you guys pronounce stuff. "It's on San Ga-sent-oh street" :D.

Do you mind if I PM you some q's Attax? I didn't get to talk with too many current law students on my visit.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:Lol. Thanks. I love it. I keep getting Brad Pitt's voice from Inglorious Basterds in my head whenever I hear how you guys pronounce stuff. "It's on San Ga-sent-oh street" :D.

Do you mind if I PM you some q's Attax? I didn't get to talk with too many current law students on my visit.


Sure thing, you can even send me your facebook and we can chat if you'd like. I'm not a current law student, just a UT UG who paid an enrollment deposit :)

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Ahh gotcha, but yeah that'd still be great - I'd appreciate it! I should probably get some work done for a bit and get off TLS, but I'll PM you later.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:24 pm

No problem!

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby El Principe » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Dean Ingram wrote:We are slowly beginning to package law students for need-based aid. Hopefully, we will begin releasing need-based en masse within the next week.


For anyone not on the FB group

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Deposit made, apartment found, and I made it facebook official. You know what this means.

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Kool-Aid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Did anybody else get any need-based aid? I just got an email from UT about 30 min ago.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest