Texas Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ScottRiqui » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:33 am

Mojosodope wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:PS if anyone has a lonely grandma who wants a stranger to come move in with them, text me, I'm interested.


Did they really suggest that?


I heard about that as well. Evidently, being a nanny during law school is a credited way to save money, too.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am

Oh skills session. Basically group briefing. WTF

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 am

Attax wrote:Oh skills session. Basically group briefing. WTF

I guarantee it's better than the character and fitness session. Holy fuck.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:53 am

bigfudge wrote:Checking in for Section 4. I suppose I have a lurking problem. Forgive me, I'm often drunk.

Assuming you're the dude I met IRL w/ camel? Welcome brah

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:
Attax wrote:Oh skills session. Basically group briefing. WTF

I guarantee it's better than the character and fitness session. Holy fuck.


Quit using TLS in the law school, gunna

User avatar
bigfudge
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby bigfudge » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:
bigfudge wrote:Checking in for Section 4. I suppose I have a lurking problem. Forgive me, I'm often drunk.

Assuming you're the dude I met IRL w/ camel? Welcome brah


One and the same. Thanks

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

bigfudge wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
bigfudge wrote:Checking in for Section 4. I suppose I have a lurking problem. Forgive me, I'm often drunk.

Assuming you're the dude I met IRL w/ camel? Welcome brah


One and the same. Thanks


Oh hey there! I bet I know who youa re now and welcome to the TLS shenanigans! Hi, I'm the gunner of the group!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Will_McAvoy wrote:
Attax wrote:Oh skills session. Basically group briefing. WTF

I guarantee it's better than the character and fitness session. Holy fuck.


I really should've seen this sooner....


Mojosodope wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
Attax wrote:Oh skills session. Basically group briefing. WTF

I guarantee it's better than the character and fitness session. Holy fuck.


Quit using TLS in the law school, gunna


Don't tell me what to do Mr. I'm not coming to Orientation day 3!

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Mojosodope wrote:Quit using TLS in the law school, gunna


Xbox gunner. You didn't miss much of anything... except a free lunch and a networking opportunity. Your loss!

Edit: also noticed the opposite of an Xbox gunner working in the library

User avatar
bigfudge
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby bigfudge » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Attax wrote:
bigfudge wrote:
Will_McAvoy wrote:
bigfudge wrote:Checking in for Section 4. I suppose I have a lurking problem. Forgive me, I'm often drunk.

Assuming you're the dude I met IRL w/ camel? Welcome brah


One and the same. Thanks


Oh hey there! I bet I know who youa re now and welcome to the TLS shenanigans! Hi, I'm the gunner of the group!


I bet you know who I am too. You don't seem to gunnery compared to some of the other folks in section 4.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:13 pm

bigfudge wrote:
I bet you know who I am too. You don't seem to gunnery compared to some of the other folks in section 4.


Yeah, Mr. Camel told me that you knew who I was :lol: Well thanks, same to you! I will now use this as defense when Mr. Camel continues to tease me for my gunnerish tendencies :P

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Attax wrote:
bigfudge wrote:
I bet you know who I am too. You don't seem to gunnery compared to some of the other folks in section 4.


Yeah, Mr. Camel told me that you knew who I was :lol: Well thanks, same to you! I will now use this as defense when Mr. Camel continues to tease me for my gunnerish tendencies :P


It's true. But it's not going to stop me

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm

3 days of orientation but I could boil that down to maybe 37 minutes of need-to-know material. Maybe.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:24 pm

camelthing wrote:
Attax wrote:
bigfudge wrote:
I bet you know who I am too. You don't seem to gunnery compared to some of the other folks in section 4.


Yeah, Mr. Camel told me that you knew who I was :lol: Well thanks, same to you! I will now use this as defense when Mr. Camel continues to tease me for my gunnerish tendencies :P


It's true. But it's not going to stop me


#gunnerproblems


...

But at least I can have a drink with you after any gunning I do!

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

cannibal ox wrote:3 days of orientation but I could boil that down to maybe 37 minutes of need-to-know material. Maybe.


Time spent eating free food + drinking free drinks > (Time spent learning useful information)x10.

#gunnerproblems


It's better than my other running joke

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:32 pm

camelthing wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:3 days of orientation but I could boil that down to maybe 37 minutes of need-to-know material. Maybe.


Time spent eating free food + drinking free drinks > (Time spent learning useful information)x10.

#gunnerproblems


It's better than my other running joke



Well, given we spent about 1 hour for breakfast and lunch thursday, 2 hours getting free drinks thursday, 2 hours eating friday (add 30 minutes for mechanical bull awesomeness), and 1 hour eating free food today. That is a total of 4.5 hours of free food + drinks. Considering that cannibal suggested 37 minutes of useful info which translates to 37*10= approximately 300 minutes, or, 6 hours. It appears that your math does not check out.


That's true, but I can still beat you in a left handed arm wrestle good sir! That's all that matters in my gunner life!

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Attax wrote:
camelthing wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:3 days of orientation but I could boil that down to maybe 37 minutes of need-to-know material. Maybe.


Time spent eating free food + drinking free drinks > (Time spent learning useful information)x10.

#gunnerproblems


It's better than my other running joke



Well, given we spent about 1 hour for breakfast and lunch thursday, 2 hours getting free drinks thursday, 2 hours eating friday (add 30 minutes for mechanical bull awesomeness), and 1 hour eating free food today. That is a total of 4.5 hours of free food + drinks. Considering that cannibal suggested 37 minutes of useful info which translates to 37*10= approximately 300 minutes, or, 6 hours. It appears that your math does not check out.


That's true, but I can still beat you in a left handed arm wrestle good sir! That's all that matters in my gunner life!


You're assuming I agree with Cannibal's estimate. I do, so you're right.

I would like to point out that I beat you with my right hand, which was already tired. I would also like to point out that you're trying exceedingly hard to escape the label of gunner. I'll have to redouble my efforts to pin it on you, accordingly

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 pm

camelthing wrote:
Attax wrote:
Well, given we spent about 1 hour for breakfast and lunch thursday, 2 hours getting free drinks thursday, 2 hours eating friday (add 30 minutes for mechanical bull awesomeness), and 1 hour eating free food today. That is a total of 4.5 hours of free food + drinks. Considering that cannibal suggested 37 minutes of useful info which translates to 37*10= approximately 300 minutes, or, 6 hours. It appears that your math does not check out.


That's true, but I can still beat you in a left handed arm wrestle good sir! That's all that matters in my gunner life!


You're assuming I agree with Cannibal's estimate. I do, so you're right.

I would like to point out that I beat you with my right hand, which was already tired. I would also like to point out that you're trying exceedingly hard to escape the label of gunner. I'll have to redouble my efforts to pin it on you, accordingly


#STEMMajor.

Please don't ask why I keep using hashtags. I am super bored and avoiding readings atm.

True, but I worked out this morning before orientation, so I'm basically Hulk Hogan now and would obliterate your arm should you attempt to defeat me again.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 pm

you guys know when medians are gonna be put up? lol so many people are waiting

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Attax wrote:
camelthing wrote:
Attax wrote:
Well, given we spent about 1 hour for breakfast and lunch thursday, 2 hours getting free drinks thursday, 2 hours eating friday (add 30 minutes for mechanical bull awesomeness), and 1 hour eating free food today. That is a total of 4.5 hours of free food + drinks. Considering that cannibal suggested 37 minutes of useful info which translates to 37*10= approximately 300 minutes, or, 6 hours. It appears that your math does not check out.


That's true, but I can still beat you in a left handed arm wrestle good sir! That's all that matters in my gunner life!


You're assuming I agree with Cannibal's estimate. I do, so you're right.

I would like to point out that I beat you with my right hand, which was already tired. I would also like to point out that you're trying exceedingly hard to escape the label of gunner. I'll have to redouble my efforts to pin it on you, accordingly


#STEMMajor.

Please don't ask why I keep using hashtags. I am super bored and avoiding readings atm.

True, but I worked out this morning before orientation, so I'm basically Hulk Hogan now and would obliterate your arm should you attempt to defeat me again.

You guys should arm wrestle.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:42 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:you guys know when medians are gonna be put up? lol so many people are waiting


No. I actively post over in the other threads, so when they do I'll put them up there. I got the class size posted within an hour of announcement. Just chill out, the app isn't even open yet. Let us complain about orientation.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby McAvoy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:you guys know when medians are gonna be put up? lol so many people are waiting

Probably a while but you can rest assured they're not going to increase.

Also:
Attax wrote:Just chill out, the app isn't even open yet. Let us complain about orientation.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:56 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:you guys know when medians are gonna be put up? lol so many people are waiting


Why so serious bruh?

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:you guys know when medians are gonna be put up? lol so many people are waiting


Why so serious bruh?


i mean itd be kewl to know bruh

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas Class of 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 pm

GPA will prob be about the same. LSAT will prob be about the same. Its not like we are going to raise to a 175. Use lass year's if you need to gauge currently. If you seriously need this year's to know if you're a good candidate you should retake.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest