Michigan Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby koalacity » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:44 am

Hi hi hi!

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby omzster67 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:58 am

yeslekkkk wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
dusters wrote:Still no scholarship, was admitted mid November via ED. It does however say in the admissions communications that I should be receiving a brochure tomorrow which is nice.


I have nothing either. Pretty bummed out, as even a small scholly would be huge for me.



yep, I feel you. I was hoping for something, pero nada para mi!


So is it safe to say that if by the end of the day we don't get any notice then we won't be getting any at all?

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:01 pm

koalacity wrote:Hi hi hi!


Welcome!!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:47 pm

omzster67 wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
dusters wrote:Still no scholarship, was admitted mid November via ED. It does however say in the admissions communications that I should be receiving a brochure tomorrow which is nice.


I have nothing either. Pretty bummed out, as even a small scholly would be huge for me.



yep, I feel you. I was hoping for something, pero nada para mi!


So is it safe to say that if by the end of the day we don't get any notice then we won't be getting any at all?


Interested in this too

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Anyone get the email about the phoneathon/emailathon?

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8919
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:03 pm

jk148706 wrote:Anyone get the email about the phoneathon/emailathon?


I'd be surprised if anyone didn't, but yeah.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby samoby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:46 am

So, since everybody seems to be wondering about the January 31 potential scholarship cut-off existence (including myself), would it be a bad idea to call/email and ask? I kind of want to...

User avatar
kemosabe
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby kemosabe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:52 am

I'm really curious about scholarships as well. I'm personally going to keep waiting it out, but you might be able to pull off a call where you remain anonymous. I can't see how that would hurt you, but my hunch is that they'd give an ambiguous response that leaves room for late scholarship offers.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am

If anyone learns anything new about schollys let us know

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:39 am

Just scrolling through last year's thread, people were getting scholly $ throughout February and into march. Idk if things changed this year, but that gives me hope.

User avatar
admiringatticus
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby admiringatticus » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 pm

My scholarship info was there when I logged on to the ASW today! It wasn't there late last night so they might be working today. I was very pleasantly surprised. Above both 75ths, PM me for details if you're interested.

We know for sure these are yearly amounts right?

User avatar
dusters
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby dusters » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:54 pm

jk148706 wrote:Just scrolling through last year's thread, people were getting scholly $ throughout February and into march. Idk if things changed this year, but that gives me hope.

It sounded like they changed how they did scholarships this year

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm

dusters wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Just scrolling through last year's thread, people were getting scholly $ throughout February and into march. Idk if things changed this year, but that gives me hope.

It sounded like they changed how they did scholarships this year


:(

Do you think I should wait it out or contact them soon if I want to try for at least a little money??

User avatar
Pelletier
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby Pelletier » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:35 pm

jk148706 wrote:
dusters wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Just scrolling through last year's thread, people were getting scholly $ throughout February and into march. Idk if things changed this year, but that gives me hope.

It sounded like they changed how they did scholarships this year


:(

Do you think I should wait it out or contact them soon if I want to try for at least a little money??


I'm in the same boat. I was admitted at the end of December. I think we should probably wait though to see what happens in February. It's still early!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:41 am

Pelletier wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
dusters wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Just scrolling through last year's thread, people were getting scholly $ throughout February and into march. Idk if things changed this year, but that gives me hope.

It sounded like they changed how they did scholarships this year


:(

Do you think I should wait it out or contact them soon if I want to try for at least a little money??


I'm in the same boat. I was admitted at the end of December. I think we should probably wait though to see what happens in February. It's still early!


Yeah but reading this: https://www.law.umich.edu/financialaid/ ... es/1L.aspx

Makes me kind of pessimistic. I will be super bummed if I get nothing from Michigan

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby phillywc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 am

Hey folks :)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 am

phillywc wrote:Hey folks :)


Hi there :D

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:20 pm

admiringatticus wrote:My scholarship info was there when I logged on to the ASW today! It wasn't there late last night so they might be working today. I was very pleasantly surprised. Above both 75ths, PM me for details if you're interested.

We know for sure these are yearly amounts right?


Yep. I got paranoid and emailed the office when I got mine, and I think a few others have as well. It's definitely yearly, with half the figure applied each semester.

User avatar
Pelletier
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby Pelletier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm

jk148706 wrote:
Yeah but reading this: https://www.law.umich.edu/financialaid/ ... es/1L.aspx

Makes me kind of pessimistic. I will be super bummed if I get nothing from Michigan


If that's the case then it looks like I won't be going to Michigan :(

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby jk148706 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Pelletier wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
Yeah but reading this: https://www.law.umich.edu/financialaid/ ... es/1L.aspx

Makes me kind of pessimistic. I will be super bummed if I get nothing from Michigan


If that's the case then it looks like I won't be going to Michigan :(


Let's hope it's NOT the case

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 am

If you guys get offers elsewhere you can always submit those to Michigan , so even if you don't receive an initial offer there's still hope!

User avatar
ZGr88n
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby ZGr88n » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:00 am

jk148706 wrote:
Pelletier wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
Yeah but reading this: https://www.law.umich.edu/financialaid/ ... es/1L.aspx

Makes me kind of pessimistic. I will be super bummed if I get nothing from Michigan


If that's the case then it looks like I won't be going to Michigan :(


Let's hope it's NOT the case


Image

smoneill88
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby smoneill88 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello Everyone,

To any confirmed MLAW students, WELCOME! You're gonna love it here.

This post is for confirmed Summer Starters looking for places to live.

I'm subleasing my room this summer. It's on the top floor of the 6bed/3bath house and 10min walking distance to the law campus. The house + room are fully furnished (bed, mattress, desk/chair, dresser, bedside table, and wall mounted plasma). Easy move-in. If you're interested please PM me. Rent is gonna be $740/mo, and security deposit is $1000 (matches the security deposit I had to pay so I'm not out money if you happen to destroy the place). House will probably be pretty empty for the summer as all of my roommates will be leaving for the summer.

Room is available from early May - End of July (dates semi-flexible). I know that ends a little before you guys finish but a lot of Ann Arbor leases start in August so it should work out well for you anyways. Also, my friend is moving into the house after my lease ends so it's totally possible that he'll let you sublease through him until September.

ejan1621
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby ejan1621 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Any word on Darrow today? This wait is killing me. Just tell me I didn't get it already UM!

But really don't because then I'll be so sad and worry that I don't interview well.

Subletmyapartment!
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2017

Postby Subletmyapartment! » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Summer Starters!

I am a current 3rd semester student/summer starter from last year looking to sublet my apartment. I live with another 1L in a spacious 2-bedroom Apartment on Hamilton Place, ideally located 5-min walk from the law school and close to both State and Main Street downtown areas. We would like to sublet this two-bedroom apartment as a unit to two summer starters.

Duration: Late May through the conclusion of your finals.
Price: $650/room, includes internet cable and utilities! Rooms are equipped with air conditioning units, a summer must! Message me for pictures of the apartment/questions/more details.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest