Humbert Humbert wrote:Appeal denied, ugh. Offer is decent (40k), not great. I have a larger offer (~100k) from Duke. CLS is (and has been) my top choice. Also have a SO in the city, which is another big reason I want to stay in NY.
Anyone else in this boat? Would like to hear some other perspectives, particularly if you are going (or have gone) through a similar decision.
I think I'm about to be in a similar boat unless Columbia decides to up my offer, but judging on those in this thread I'm not holding my breath. Got an offer very similar to yours from Columbia, NYU only matched it on appeal, visited Columbia and absolutely loved it and New York City, but just got $$$ from Cornell that would leave me with relatively little debt for a T14 degree. After basically getting wait listed everywhere between Cornell and NYU, I was not expecting Cornell's offer to be so generous and I had excitedly accepted the fact that I was going to Columbia. The thought of not going to Columbia after all this is shitty. But money is money and I'd hate to look back in 5-10 years thinking "shit I wish I didn't still have this debt." I hope Columbia can just bump my offer up a little bit so I can put my mind to ease.