Stubbazubba wrote:So sad I can't attend ASW. For any CLS students/alum watching, could you answer a few questions about your student experience for those of us that couldn't make it? The first question may not be generally applicable, but all the rest are:
1) I'm interested in going into government service, and possibly even JAG. Do you know of anyone who has done JAG from Columbia? Do you know what sort of resources Columbia has for this?
2) How do you feel your relationship is with your professors? Can you talk to most of them individually, do they know who you are? How involved are they in your law school experience outside of the classroom?
3) Is there a strong competitive feeling in your classes? What are your relationships with other students at CLS like? Can you get notes and help from others?
4) How many hours per week would you say you are studying/in class? Would you say you had enough free time to keep your sanity your 1L year?
5) How helpful have you felt CLS' career services to be? If you know anyone with PI experience, do they feel the office was helpful, or do most have to rely on other sources?
6) What have your experiences been with CLS alumni? Are most willing or eager to help out students?
7) What's the greatest thing about going to CLS? What's the worst?
I would direct you here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=176925&start=1425
I could answer a few, but you'll get better/more thorough responses posting it for all the current students.