Columbia Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

When will you be moving in / to NYC?

Already in the city / before end of June
4
8%
Early or mid-July
1
2%
End of July
5
10%
August 1~4
7
14%
August 5~8
12
24%
August 9~12
12
24%
August 13~15
6
12%
After August 15, because IDGAF
3
6%
 
Total votes: 50

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:31 pm

If anyone is up for meeting up tomorrow, I will be in the city later in the day. Interested in meeting some classmates.

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby papercut » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:If anyone is up for meeting up tomorrow, I will be in the city later in the day. Interested in meeting some classmates.


I'm down. PMed.

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm just going to sit around and watch Futurama. Let me know when it's time to drink.

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby tlsapp2017 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:04 pm

dc91 wrote:Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.


Okay - let's meet at Pour House then. Does 8:00 sound good?

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:07 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:
dc91 wrote:Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.


Okay - let's meet at Pour House then. Does 8:00 sound good?


sounds great except for the fact that I have to think of something to do until then.

AustinJennings
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby AustinJennings » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:15 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:
dc91 wrote:Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.


Okay - let's meet at Pour House then. Does 8:00 sound good?



Hey! longtime lurker, I'm down to meet up w y'all at pour house at 8! I'm excited to meet some classmates

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby tlsapp2017 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:29 pm

AustinJennings wrote:
tlsapp2017 wrote:
dc91 wrote:Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.


Okay - let's meet at Pour House then. Does 8:00 sound good?



Hey! longtime lurker, I'm down to meet up w y'all at pour house at 8! I'm excited to meet some classmates


Sweet. Just realized - how are we gonna recognize each other?

AustinJennings
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby AustinJennings » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:
AustinJennings wrote:
tlsapp2017 wrote:
dc91 wrote:Also, I hear good things about Pour House/other bars near there.


Okay - let's meet at Pour House then. Does 8:00 sound good?



Hey! longtime lurker, I'm down to meet up w y'all at pour house at 8! I'm excited to meet some classmates


Sweet. Just realized - how are we gonna recognize each other?


I'm wearing a white baseball tee with blue sleeves!

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby tlsapp2017 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Ok I'm sitting at the table in the corner in front of one of the doors (at least for now)

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby txdude45 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Ah, I remember my first pre-1L Pourhouse trip. *tear* glory days

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Alcohol is stil happening. Feel free to join us.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby ph5354a » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 am

txdude45 wrote:Ah, I remember my first pre-1L Pourhouse trip. *tear* glory days


How did we get here??

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby txdude45 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 am

ph5354a wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Ah, I remember my first pre-1L Pourhouse trip. *tear* glory days


How did we get here??


These 2017 kids don't know how good they have it.

My thoughts on 1L:
Image

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:02 am

Scheduling another get together tonight. PM me for details if you'd like to join.

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby papercut » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:26 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:Scheduling another get together tonight. PM me for details if you'd like to join.


+1 :)

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:13 pm

For those who read my above post later nd are jnteresed, we are gathering at Mel's burgerbar at 730. I may not have access to the page till later, so I figure I might as well just post it.

theoutpostmhs
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby theoutpostmhs » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Hey guys - sorry if this has been asked, but what are you doing for a/c?

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Jessasaurus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm

theoutpostmhs wrote:Hey guys - sorry if this has been asked, but what are you doing for a/c?


I think a lot of people get window units

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

So when should we expect to receive our loans/grants? I read somewhere sept at the latest, but will there be huge expenses that we'll need to take care of (books, etc) in the meantime?

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby jdapplicant » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:
theoutpostmhs wrote:Hey guys - sorry if this has been asked, but what are you doing for a/c?


I think a lot of people get window units


There are a lot of people advertising on Craigslist in Manhattan. You'd be able to get one the same day if you're willing to pick up. Most are going from $75-100

mikechukwu
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby mikechukwu » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 pm

moopness wrote:So when should we expect to receive our loans/grants? I read somewhere sept at the latest, but will there be huge expenses that we'll need to take care of (books, etc) in the meantime?



When I called the Finaid office they said we should receive it on the 15th.

User avatar
girlmonster
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby girlmonster » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Is the meet-up tomorrow still happening? If so, can my friend come? She's not Columbia- or law school-affiliated at all.

User avatar
runthetrap
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby runthetrap » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 pm

girlmonster wrote:Is the meet-up tomorrow still happening? If so, can my friend come? She's not Columbia- or law school-affiliated at all.

yes, let's get together at amsterdam tavern tomorrow at 7:30!

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FuriousDuck » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest