Columbia Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

When will you be moving in / to NYC?

Already in the city / before end of June
4
8%
Early or mid-July
1
2%
End of July
5
10%
August 1~4
7
14%
August 5~8
12
24%
August 9~12
12
24%
August 13~15
6
12%
After August 15, because IDGAF
3
6%
 
Total votes: 50

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 pm

EQ is trying to become popular with the lounge people. He ain't got time for the ontopics.

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby papercut » Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:EQ is trying to become popular with the lounge people. He ain't got time for the ontopics.


That's a rough crowd to satisfy.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FuriousDuck » Mon May 19, 2014 10:52 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Fri May 23, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 am

EquallyWrong wrote:
papercut wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:I don't understand anything anybody is talking about in this thread anymore.


Lol. I watched that video expecting some sort of CLS montage. I was so confused. :oops:

Moopness has bemused the stuffy, uptight squares who don't get his Pavlovian obsession with trancehouse music.
For this he will suffer no consequences...welcome to Obama's America.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I had to post it in the off chance that someone here would be interested in going (and looks like Drevo is!) and I would have a new bestie. If/when I meet you all I will make it my personal mission to convince you to accompany me to this show and afterwards you will all thank me because IT WILL BE GLOOOOOOOOORRRIUS! :D
Image

drevo
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby drevo » Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 am

.
Last edited by drevo on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby EquallyWrong » Tue May 20, 2014 3:56 am

FuriousDuck wrote:I want EquallyWrong to start writing his posts in the lounge in the same way that he wrote his first two-hundred or so posts. I think the guy with the Zach Braff face photoshopped into his avatar got mad at him for using too many syllables in response to a thread about happiness by HelloMellow, and EquallyWrong actually apologized. EQ, if hold your ground next time, I promise I'll back you up.

ontopic people backing each other up in the lounge is a recipe for disaster. there's more to life than being polysyllabic.

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby papercut » Tue May 20, 2014 4:01 am

EquallyWrong wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:I want EquallyWrong to start writing his posts in the lounge in the same way that he wrote his first two-hundred or so posts. I think the guy with the Zach Braff face photoshopped into his avatar got mad at him for using too many syllables in response to a thread about happiness by HelloMellow, and EquallyWrong actually apologized. EQ, if hold your ground next time, I promise I'll back you up.

ontopic people backing each other up in the lounge is a recipe for disaster. there's more to life than being polysyllabic.


I like the current arrangement where we're at least not openly hostile to each other in the lounge.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby EquallyWrong » Tue May 20, 2014 4:51 am

papercut wrote:I like the current arrangement where we're at least not openly hostile to each other in the lounge.

it's every man for himself, but I do observe a nonaggression pact with Columbia 2017. Everyday I tell myself that today is the day I'm going to stop posting in the lounge and fade quietly, comfortably back into ontopics or my real life.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:55 am

I don't know if the house music will agree with my no drugs 1L policy.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby francesfarmer » Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:I don't know if the house music will agree with my no drugs 1L policy.

Setting yourself up for failure already bro

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FuriousDuck » Tue May 20, 2014 1:30 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drevo
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby drevo » Tue May 20, 2014 6:16 pm

.
Last edited by drevo on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby EquallyWrong » Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 pm

FuriousDuck wrote:Is there really? That sounds like the logic of a peasant rationalizing his continued docility. Rise up! Revolt! Fight the powers that be!*

*Or not. Do whatever you want. Writing like that has got to be really time consuming. Seriously though, don't "disasters" provide most of the Lounge's entertainment value?

it's true. forum posting is ephemeral. the only thing that makes a lasting impression is whatever persona you happen to build for yourself. I don't think I'm prepared to get fully invested in it. I don't see any good reason why anybody should try to take on the established TLS in-group...we're too fresh, haven't built up proper ties, haven't had our internet swords sharpened to dueling standards. I should try to learn a new language or something before moving to NY instead of skulking around TLS being, in turns, irritable and ingratiating.

Aren't we supposed to get housing assignments soon? Want to start making an inventory.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FuriousDuck » Tue May 20, 2014 7:20 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Jessasaurus » Tue May 20, 2014 7:21 pm

moopness wrote:I am fucking salivating


http://youtu.be/T9VJkdu2jM0


This video has convinced me that this is something I want to see. Take me with you!!!

User avatar
papercut
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby papercut » Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 pm

For those in the know, have things generally been slower for CLS this cycle? Would love to see my housing decision.

Anyway, I can't fucking wait to get to NYC to do some exploring.

BerkeleyMan5
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby BerkeleyMan5 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:26 pm

.
Last edited by BerkeleyMan5 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
girlmonster
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby girlmonster » Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 pm

BerkeleyMan5 wrote:Sup guys, stoked to be joining you all in NYC.

I was wondering, did any of you guys not receive the admissions "box" that was apparently sent after the handbook? My buddy said it's pretty cool and I'm bummed that mine never came!

Wondering if there's anything important in there that would make it worth requesting.


Are you referring to the box of pamphlets? It's basically just the entire website printed out. Don't worry, you can have mine.

BerkeleyMan5
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby BerkeleyMan5 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:38 pm

.
Last edited by BerkeleyMan5 on Wed May 21, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed May 21, 2014 12:08 am

Jessasaurus wrote:
moopness wrote:I am fucking salivating


http://youtu.be/T9VJkdu2jM0


This video has convinced me that this is something I want to see. Take me with you!!!

I will! We're gonna have our own little CLS rave crew :D

User avatar
MyopicVisage
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby MyopicVisage » Wed May 21, 2014 1:31 am

.
Last edited by MyopicVisage on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
runthetrap
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby runthetrap » Wed May 21, 2014 3:18 am

MyopicVisage wrote:Am I getting this right? Winter break at CLS is over a month while at other schools it's about half a month?

i think so

also, buoyed by the fact that there's been a good amount of dance-music talk in this thread.. i feel like our class is poised to be real cool heh heh

User avatar
FOM
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FOM » Wed May 21, 2014 5:37 am

moopness wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:
moopness wrote:I am fucking salivating


http://youtu.be/T9VJkdu2jM0


This video has convinced me that this is something I want to see. Take me with you!!!

I will! We're gonna have our own little CLS rave crew :D


I know next to nothing about house/electronic music, but me and my friends have been talking about going to Belgium for years for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbgkKvAE9c

User avatar
runthetrap
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby runthetrap » Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 am

FOM wrote:
moopness wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:
moopness wrote:I am fucking salivating


http://youtu.be/T9VJkdu2jM0


This video has convinced me that this is something I want to see. Take me with you!!!

I will! We're gonna have our own little CLS rave crew :D


I know next to nothing about house/electronic music, but me and my friends have been talking about going to Belgium for years for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbgkKvAE9c

ahhh yeah i've wanted to go to tomorrowland for years as well. electric zoo is actually the only festival i've been to. i've gone twice, and i was toying w the idea of going this year, tho the lineup as of now is mediocre considering the ticket prices, and i've seen a lot of the acts that'll be there. is anyone planning to go in a couple months? hahaha 1L festivalgoers wow so wisdom

User avatar
girlmonster
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby girlmonster » Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 pm

runthetrap wrote:ahhh yeah i've wanted to go to tomorrowland for years as well. electric zoo is actually the only festival i've been to. i've gone twice, and i was toying w the idea of going this year, tho the lineup as of now is mediocre considering the ticket prices, and i've seen a lot of the acts that'll be there. is anyone planning to go in a couple months? hahaha 1L festivalgoers wow so wisdom

I've been considering going to E Zoo to somewhat console myself about missing TomorrowWorld (of course it's when I'm finally leaving Atlanta that they host one of the most killer line-ups I've seen). Maybe one day I can frolic among the windmills.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest