Columbia Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

When will you be moving in / to NYC?

Already in the city / before end of June
4
8%
Early or mid-July
1
2%
End of July
5
10%
August 1~4
7
14%
August 5~8
12
24%
August 9~12
12
24%
August 13~15
6
12%
After August 15, because IDGAF
3
6%
 
Total votes: 50

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby tlsapp2017 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Gary wrote:
tlsapp2017 wrote:
Gary wrote:Guise.. how do you log onto LawNet :oops:


It said somewhere that admitted students can't log on until May 1


Oh... the one time in my life i don't procrastinate...


Hahaha same. I just looked again and it actually says "beginning after May 1," so maybe not until the 2nd? The language is kind of unclear.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:32 pm

something tells me they won't be that precise about it

ETA: re: procrastination/jumping the gun... I already have lionmail on my phone O_O

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:37 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working to well) because its always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working too well) because it's always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:



holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working too well) because it's always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:



holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha


Y'all are more dedicated than I am. I stopped after I got through the hot/interestingly named people.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working to well) because its always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:

the whole reason for those committed posts is so people in the group will come check them out, they know what they're doing and have properly modified their privacy settings beforehand.

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working too well) because it's always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:



holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha

:lol:

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Balthy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm

I have about 15 uncles and aunts who suddenly decided to make fb profiles, so i also deleted my fb. Easier to just not have one than understand those privacy settings. Now i feel bad that i can't get in on the stalking party :cry:

User avatar
buffalo_
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby buffalo_ » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:28 pm

buffalo_ wrote:It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.

facebook does come with a search function.
Last edited by EquallyWrong on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheYesGuy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby TheYesGuy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working to well) because its always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:

the whole reason for those committed posts is so people in the group will come check them out, they know what they're doing and have properly modified their privacy settings beforehand.


Isn't getting people to pay attention to you the entire reason for everything on Facebook? Also you can find the group incredibly easily by searching on Facebook for "Columbia Law..." so I wouldn't make any assumptions.

Edit: should have read the "someone has posted blah blah blah" warning I guess.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.

facebook does come with a search function.


In all fairness, the CLS group didn't show up on search until we had at least around 70. FaceBook doesn't let groups become searchable until it has a good amount of traffic and members.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:01 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:

holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha

:lol:


OMG why do I even bother :/

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?

User avatar
fleurdelis2
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby fleurdelis2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:04 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?


I emailed both the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices to confirm, but I think depositing is sufficient.

User avatar
BanjoCalhoun
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.

User avatar
dc91
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby dc91 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:

holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha

:lol:


OMG why do I even bother :/


oh, that wasn't just a radio edit?

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 pm

fleurdelis2 wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?


I emailed both the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices to confirm, but I think depositing is sufficient.

They told me depositing is enough, so you're good to go!

User avatar
moopness
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm

BanjoCalhoun wrote:Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.

I do as well, but it used to say 2017. Does this mean we get to graduate a year early?! :D

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby tlsapp2017 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

moopness wrote:
BanjoCalhoun wrote:Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.

I do as well, but it used to say 2017. Does this mean we get to graduate a year early?! :D


You didn't hear that they changed the JD program to be only two years?! :P

User avatar
FOM
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby FOM » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

User avatar
scoobysnax
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby scoobysnax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 pm

FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

all I got was a "purchase confirmation"

User avatar
BanjoCalhoun
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

all I got was a "purchase confirmation"


Same here with the purchase confirmation. Also emailed them so hoping they'll say I'm set for now. Other people were saying the deposit is sufficient but I haven't been able to register a UNI number...

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby Balthy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 pm

BanjoCalhoun wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

all I got was a "purchase confirmation"


Same here with the purchase confirmation. Also emailed them so hoping they'll say I'm set for now. Other people were saying the deposit is sufficient but I haven't been able to register a UNI number...



I got the purchase confirmation immediately and a thank you email with further instructions today (few days later).

User avatar
BanjoCalhoun
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Postby BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Balthy wrote:
BanjoCalhoun wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

all I got was a "purchase confirmation"


Same here with the purchase confirmation. Also emailed them so hoping they'll say I'm set for now. Other people were saying the deposit is sufficient but I haven't been able to register a UNI number...



I got the purchase confirmation immediately and a thank you email with further instructions today (few days later).


Thanks that puts my mind at ease.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest